Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker Hang Out Thread

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker by Keuk-jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

Well, "Moon" has come up often enough in The Breaker and I've sort of taken to think of it as something like "leader" (of a school or clan).

Anyway, from what we've seen, in some schools of The Murim, it isn't uncommon for high positions such as the master/leader spot to be hereditary, so I guess Sera's grandfather was probably someone highly placed within her clan and Sera has apparently inherited that spot...

Oh, Jinnie... You always lets your mouth/hotheadness get the better of you

Interesting though, the new guy MAY actually be someone whose name is known in the Murim, unlike Jinnie, judging from suit guy thinking that he has heard the name before...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; April 02, 2011 at 03:50 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont know Jinne acted really stupid all of a sudden
    i suppose this new punk is the top student of the elder who taught shiwoon that cool stance
    i mean when he realized that its impossible to mobilize due to the house arrest thing he called his reliable underling who is tough enough to handle some murim biggies

what i dont get is shiwoon is a big hit in murim, atleast Hyuk So-Chun or Kangsung
    and both are big wigs of murim world, but none what so ever takes even a peek at shiwoon(given the concern they had a while ago)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Read online Here, linky.

Credit to Mangacurse. This is their final Breaker release by the way. We will have to rely on A-Team from now on.

so can anyone explain to me what a Jang-Moon is? What clan is that? Also, why would Ji-Gun be given the responsibility for revenge? I thought he just simply left his own martial arts school.

Jinnie is pretty dumb, blurting things out. Use your head numbskull.

Also, what is up with the fashion of the young Sunwoo clan? First Jinnie and now whoever this guy is(I am assuming a sunwoo clan member), they are into some gothic punk attire.

Wonder who this sword master guy is behind the mask, whoever he is I doubt he is really the top guy, he wouldn't be hiding behind a mask and leading around some weak people.
    I guess since she had no family, she was attired with the rebel looking members of Sunwoo.
    And these masked guys do not really look that powerful but thew were able to hire Joo-ji-Gun maybe some of them are at his level.

Anyway now that Jinie has revealed that Shioon is the new head at least the rumor will spread. It will be interesting to see how the SUC will react to that fact.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sera has always looked reluctant, unlike her partner. Gang-Ha-Ill should be a powerful individual even after hearing that the masked guy (infront) isn't someone ordinary. Jinnie and Gang-Ha should do the job. I am surprised how author saved Shioon from this predicament. It was nicely done if you ask me.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    i suppose this new punk is the top student of the elder who taught shiwoon that cool stance
    i mean when he realized that its impossible to mobilize due to the house arrest thing he called his reliable underling who is tough enough to handle some murim biggies

what i dont get is shiwoon is a big hit in murim, atleast Hyuk So-Chun or Kangsung
    and both are big wigs of murim world, but none what so ever takes even a peek at shiwoon(given the concern they had a while ago)
    It seemes to me that Jinnie was expected him to come. So my understanding was that she was the one who call him.
    As for your other point, to the other school Schioon is nor more a murim so why should they look after him. The fact that he has become a head clan will probably a big shok to them when they learn it

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Jinnie and Gang-Ha should do the job. I am surprised how author saved Shioon from this predicament. It was nicely done if you ask me.
    Didnt seem that out of the box to me, more or less we were expecting that to be honest
    the only void was the one who will come, and a new character was introduced

btw i have seen this in many forums that the fans wage poll wars between Lightning tiger and goomoonryong
    y dont we have one of our own?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    hmmm but in this context they are referring to her joining them right? So it shouldn't mean become their leader then...
    Once again, I go by the raws, and not the scanlations. I don't how the scanlations translates the raws, which may result in some differences in viewpoints.

But from what I can get, it's not a matter of her joining them.

Page 1, Second Panel
    "Am I to take this to mean that you will not accept me as the jangmoonin if I do not kill this child?"

Page 2, Third Panel
    "Correct. The position of jangmoon cannot be inherited simply by the virtue of blood relations."

Page 2, Fourth Panel
    "Please show us whether you have the right to be jangmoon, or, before that, prove to us that you are a moorimin."

Page 9, Second Panel
    "I knew it would be like this. Especially since it's the weak mistress who did nothing but study."

Page 9, Fourth Panel
    "In the end, that was probably the point of this entire ruckus. Because a child like me being jangmoon was unacceptable..."

In other words, I believe it goes like this.

-> Sera's grandfather was the previous jangmoonin
    -> He got offed by GooMoonRyong
    -> The responsibility now falls on Sera to become jangmoonin
    -> Other people from her clan aren't happy with this because a) Sera is young (Page 9, Panel 4) and b) it's implied that Sera didn't really concern herself with affairs in murim (Page 9, Panel 2)
    -> They demand that Sera kill the pupil of GooMoonRyong as revenge, though this is just an excuse because they want to see her fail
    -> Sera asks JiGun to kill Shiwoon for her, in return joining his group.
    -> Breaker: New Waves happens

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    lol nice punch line
    btw do you know what s a janmoonin,i mean is it translate-able? or is it another one of those titles which will be divulged later in the manga?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Oh, Jinnie... You always lets your mouth/hotheadness get the better of you

Interesting though, the new guy MAY actually be someone whose name is known in the Murim, unlike Jinnie, judging from suit guy thinking that he has heard the name before...
    Hehehe,
    when I was writing my prediction I was only joking, but as you can see I still predicted a major part...(I still hope there would be "a prank" like I wrote at the end, I mean that would be hilarious!!! )
    Nevertheless I believed from the begining that it would be someone from Sunwoo clan who will come and interfere but that thought was washed away when I saw elder Jeon and mister Gu-bum being arrested/retentioned by people from Shinwoo clan

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    At this point I belive that Sera will try to kill Shioon ... becouse her grandfather was kiled from his master, but Jinie would interfere and blurt out; "Shioon and I are from Sunwoo clan !!!".

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Hmmm,
    you might be right about this but it could also be elder Kwon who was sending him. Remember how elder Kwon took an interest on what elder Jeon was doing with Shioon?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKen View Post
    In other words, I believe it goes like this.

-> Sera's grandfather was the previous jangmoonin
    -> He got offed by GooMoonRyong
    -> The responsibility now falls on Sera to become jangmoonin
    -> Other people from her clan aren't happy with this because a) Sera is young (Page 9, Panel 4) and b) it's implied that Sera didn't really concern herself with affairs in murim (Page 9, Panel 2)
    -> They demand that Sera kill the pupil of GooMoonRyong as revenge, though this is just an excuse because they want to see her fail
    -> Sera asks JiGun to kill Shiwoon for her, in return joining his group.
    You rock man...
    I was speculating the same thing even when I was reading translated chapter 23 but you just confirmed this fact

I'm sure that Sera is becoming more and more interested in Shioon. As I was hoping it's a high posibility that there is going to be a harem

PS: I like harem and jealousy between a man and a girl, but i really hate hentai. It's to weird like brother and sister, fuj, it's disgusting !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; April 02, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically the two ~ three minute search on Naver turned up three different interpretations, each of which make sense. But before that, jangmoonin = 장문인. In which In = 인 = 人 = Person. Moon = 문 = 門 = Door / Gate. What's the jang part means?

1) Jang means 掌 = 손바닥 장 = palm. Like the palm of your hand. Because the jangmoonin controls the other pupils of the moonpa. Have you ever heard that saying about Son Wukong and being a plaything on the Buddha's palm? It's something like that, I believe. The other interpretation is that the creator makes a moonpa with his hands, and those who inherit his position become the jang(palm)moonin as a result.

2) Jang means 長 = 길다 장 = long. A person (인) who has undergone lengthy (장) hurdles (관문, 關).

The first two come from this page - http://kin.naver.com/qna/detail.nhn?...h_sort=0&spq=0 where the question is "what are the hanja used in jangmoonin?" The first one, about the palm, was chosen as correct. The asker also adds in that he asked his professor, and the professor confirmed that the palm choice was correct.

3) According to this blog - http://blog.daum.net/zagado4/15272049 - jangmoonin does not imply a position of great power but someone who is the jang (representative) of a moonpa. Then again, it seems to be talking about real-life, as opposed to fiction, so derive from that what you will.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinie says 'you are late' so she was expecting Gang ha Hill to come whereas elder Jeon planed to come directly himself so I think it's quite sure they are not related

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 9, Second Panel
    "I knew it would be like this. Especially since it's the weak mistress who did nothing but study."
    Interesting - this, as well as Sera's comment that she couldn't easily beat Jinnie makes me think that Sera may actually be far from as strong as Jinnie thought that she is...

1) Jang means 掌 = 손바닥 장 = palm. Like the palm of your hand. Because the jangmoonin controls the other pupils of the moonpa. Have you ever heard that saying about Son Wukong and being a plaything on the Buddha's palm? It's something like that, I believe. The other interpretation is that the creator makes a moonpa with his hands, and those who inherit his position become the jang(palm)moonin as a result.
    I've seen "Journey to the West", so I guess I understand the metaphor...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Jinie says 'you are late' so she was expecting Gang ha Hill to come whereas elder Jeon planed to come directly himself so I think it's quite sure they are not related
    It could also mean that "she was just happy" to see him come, so that they could win now!!!

If a person is in a tight spot and a friend comes to help, you would probably say "Where were you so long?".
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What the F! korean manga is the best in cliffhanger chapters they didn't even put the to be continued sign in the last page or you have to buy the whole volume and then every 17 page they will translate it for a week

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    It could also mean that "she was just happy" to see him come, so that they could win now!!!

If a person is in a tight spot and a friend comes to help, you would probably say "Where were you so long?".
    Actually I would rather said "It's great you are here", "what a good timing" or even "what are you doing here" but not "you are late" :-). Late mean that he has to come earlier, and so that she was expecting him to come. But maybe that's a Coreen subtility I don't understand

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast