Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker Hang Out Thread

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker Hang Out Thread

I wanted to Mod this thread!

Congrats Nano!!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So with the new chapter new waves the manhwa will hit a 100 chapters. Wow kind a big steps - grats to all the fans here that love the breaker and have been taking part in the discussions. I wish we could have celebrated somehow.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

damn chapter 100 today!!!!! but the pace is sooooooooo slow it's like you need to wait at least a month or 2 to make reading a great time

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Giving manhwas a chance (thanks to Jammin) was a very good decision after all. Every manga I follow (except for one, which is on Hiatus) is disappointing me week after week, while TBNW and TOG overall entertain me more than disappoint.

I'm not really well informed about the status of manhwas in korea. What are the chances for this manhwa to be animated in the future? Does an animated manhwa exist at all?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Giving manhwas a chance (thanks to Jammin) was a very good decision after all. Every manga I follow (except for one, which is on Hiatus) is disappointing me week after week, while TBNW and TOG overall entertain me more than disappoint.

I'm not really well informed about the status of manhwas in korea. What are the chances for this manhwa to be animated in the future? Does an animated manhwa exist at all?
    Not that I know of. If I had to guess at the chances for the Breaker I would guess 5% (which is just a random guess on my part)

Which is profoundly unjust if you ask me. Veritas, The Breaker, Magician, and Tower of God are 3 stories that are absolutely perfect for animation. But if one of them were to be animated I think Tower of God would be the most likely. Followed by Noblesse or Magician.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 06, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't reacall any of the top of my head - you can kind of count Freezing anime - since the author is Korean. But thast listed as manga...

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I don't reacall any of the top of my head - you can kind of count Freezing anime - since the author is Korean. But thast listed as manga...
    Ahh yes Freezing.

If it's technically the only comic to anime of Korean origin that was animated is Freezing...that might test my faith in the almighty.

Why god? Why was Freezing animated? It makes no sense. It's terrible, I should know I've read it for years. Is it because of the boobs? If so I can name more than a dozen series with just as many boobs that are better (3 by the same author!!!!).

Spoiler: For anybody who thinks I'm kidding.... show
    Last edited by Jammin; January 06, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i will just jump if i saw or heard The Breaker ,Breaker New Waves , Legend of Maian , and ID and heck even if God of highschool got an anime it will be a great day for me forever

list of what i saw and read that turned into an anime or movie
    Shin Angyo Onshi (Blade of the Phantom Master) my favorite is a manhwa turned into an anime movie

Legend of Korra i just saw it on Wikipedia heheheheh

Ragnarok the Animation from Ragnarok Online from Korea

Freezing - Boobies and Japanese like that so they backed it up hehehehehe

Priest - turned into a rip off live action
    Last edited by kidopitz27; January 05, 2013 at 02:06 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ankit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker anime will come. We must stay strong and peresevere through these dark times till some unknown hero decides to produce it!!!!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

tomorrow is the day if it's an early release if Shioon is gonna kill someone or he will just pass out and nothing happen

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    tomorrow is the day if it's an early release if Shioon is gonna kill someone or he will just pass out and nothing happen
    I'm not holding my hopes up for an early release -
    I'll respond to the rest in the chapter thread. ^^

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We will soon be launching Bleach Tournament - Second Edition. We are looking forward for your participation. Here is the LINK to check out whats happening in Bleachverse

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up folks? Let me throw some questions in this thread.

I read somwhere in this section that New Waves is about to end "soon", but the series will still continue (Part III). Will the third Part be the final part for the series? Is there anything official?

Anyone else bothered with the pace of the series? I'm talking about the time in the story. How much time passed between the first Chapter of TB and the current Chapter of TBNW (#118) in the story itself? Six months? One year? I want to aim to Shioon's growth with this question. If his growth keeps increasing like that, I doubt he needs more than a couple of years - more or less - to surpass just anyone in the world. Am I overestimating his growth? Giving him too much credit? Or is there someone who agrees with me? If so, how do think about this?

Something what I don't really get - and what bugs me a lot - are the variations of the names. Shioon, Shiwoon, Shi-Woon, Elder Jung, Elder Jeung, Elder Jang, Sunwoo, Sun-Woo, Jin-Ie, Jinnie and so on. I know there is not a huge difference. But still, I would like to know how the names are spelled correctly. Not only that, sometimes I don't even get what's the forename or surename (don't laugh at me, lol). For example So-Chun Hyuk, So Jung Chan, Jang-Il Jeong, Gyu-Bum Yi, Dae-San Han and so on. Can someone help me out here?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up folks? Let me throw some questions in this thread.

I read somwhere in this section that New Waves is about to end "soon", but the series will still continue (Part III). Will the third Part be the final part for the series? Is there anything official?

Anyone else bothered with the pace of the series? I'm talking about the time in the story. How much time passed between the first Chapter of TB and the current Chapter of TBNW (#118) in the story itself? Six months? One year? I want to aim to Shioon's growth with this question. If his growth keeps increasing like that, I doubt he needs more than a couple of years - more or less - to surpass just anyone in the world. Am I overestimating his growth? Giving him too much credit? Or is there someone who agrees with me? If so, how do think about this?
    I would agree that pacing in the Breaker NW's can be funky. But I think a lot of that comes down to a few plot threads that took up far more time than they should have. Specifically the Shioon's quest for medical treatment for his Ki center and the School Ambush. If you those two stories had been more tightly plotted and paced it would have come out ok. The current story arc for example is moving a lot quicker.

As for Shioon's potential godliness it's definitely there but The Breaker NW's seems to be dipping toward a world where Shioon's is a legit leader of the Sunwoo clan. And at that point it might end up being less about his individual strength and more about "his clan" as his old master and blackforest create their own kind of mayhem.

Something what I don't really get - and what bugs me a lot - are the variations of the names. Shioon, Shiwoon, Shi-Woon, Elder Jung, Elder Jeung, Elder Jang, Sunwoo, Sun-Woo, Jin-Ie, Jinnie and so on. I know there is not a huge difference. But still, I would like to know how the names are spelled correctly. Not only that, sometimes I don't even get what's the forename or surename (don't laugh at me, lol). For example So-Chun Hyuk, So Jung Chan, Jang-Il Jeong, Gyu-Bum Yi, Dae-San Han and so on. Can someone help me out here?
    Can't help ya there. I don't really understand it myself.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 30, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner slez's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[FanFic] Hypothetical Chapter 121

(Note: This is not a prediction, it’s just a writing exercise that I decided to share. In fact I am pretty certain that the actual outcome will be much more violent. I hope you enjoy it anyway. If the spelling of names seem unusual, it is because I used the same spellings they use on The Breaker Wiki. )

Dr. Ju Sang-Sik frowned as he stared at Yi Shi-Woon with a mixture of awe and frustration. Never, in all his years, had he ever met someone with such a strong will. This kid, he though. Not only did he pull out the Lifeblood Silver Needle, but he also managed to resist passing out after the Five Path Point Acupuncture Art. How the hell am I going to subdue him without killing him or destroying his body?

While the Doctor was considering his next move, Yi Shi-Woon took the opportunity to attack again. Even while distracted the Doctor was easily able to evade the attack. Once he created some distance between the them he said, "Calm down brat, I have no intention of killing you, but I also have no intention of losing. Tell me one thing. Why are you so determined to die here rather than admitting defeat and coming with me. I won't treat you badly."

Yi Shi-Woon stopped moving and locked his gaze on Ju Sang-Sik without lowering his guard. After a moment he pointed at captain Jung. "Earlier when he was talking to me I realized that you were enemies of the Sun-Woo Clan. While I'm still not certain why I'm being held captive here, I can only imagine that you want to use me to manipulate my clan, and that is something that I can not allow."

Intrigued by his answer, the doctor asked, "And why is that? According to your records, you have only been with the Sun-Woo clan for a short period of time. Why such loyalty?"

Shi-Woon looked around and then lowered his guard a little. "While it's true that I haven't been with them long, they have still saved my life several times." Then his whole body tensed and his eyes became fierce. "Even Elder Jun willingly gave his life to protect mine. And if that isn't enough, right now, at my request, the Sun-Woo clan is fighting the S.U.C. A group that is trying to break the barriers separating the Murim world from the normal world. Plus, they may soon have to fight the Heavenly Way School, which seems to be backing the S.U.C."

As Shi-Woon spoke, a powerful aura gathered around him. Ju Sang-Sik could feel his anger, frustration and determination along with a powerful Ki. It caused the solders nearby to fidget and back away. Shi-Woon then finished by exclaiming, "And if you think I will allow myself to become a distraction to the Sun-Woo clan as such a critical time, you are sorely mistaken! I'd rather die a thousand deaths! Now stop screwing around and fight me seriously!"

How can he still draw out so much Ki? thought Ju Sang-Sik. He should be exhausted… His thought was interrupted by Shi-Woon’s attack. Even though he was able to dodge it, he realized that the attack was faster and more powerful than before. Damn this brat, he thought. Now it will be even harder to subdue him without maiming or killing him. And was all that stuff about the S.U.C. and the Heavenly Way School true? It certainly didn’t seem like he was lying.

Shi-Woon attacked again and Ju Sang-Sik barely dodged. Ugh, if I let myself get too distracted and take I hit, I could be in serious trouble. Damn this whole situation! He wasn’t sure how much time was left until the Sun-Woo helicopter arrived, but he knew he there wasn't much. If he didn’t think of something quick he would either have to let Shi-Woon go or destroy him. To buy himself some time, he attacked Shi-Woon with enough force to send him flying, but not enough to do any serious damage.

After watching Shi-Woon pick himself up from an hit that would have left most murim unconscious for sever hours, Ju Sang-Sik put his hand up and called out, "Wait." His mind raced while Shi-Woon stood there watching him. Then suddenly he had it. It was far from perfect, but it was much better than killing him or letting him go.

Ju Sang-Sik took a few more seconds to try to think of better option and failed, then he sighed and spoke. "I'm impressed with your determination kid. So much so that I am willing to make you a better offer. If you don't like it our old deal is still in effect."

Shi-Woon cocked his head to one side. "Go on."

"Here's the deal. I let you go back to the Sun-Woo clan and you agree to come to my hospital twice a week for examinations. I promise not to harm you and you can bring as many guards you want." It wasn't a perfect solution, but it was better than killing him, and he would still get to study a Hwan Gol Tal Tae subject. Plus, if what he said about the S.U.C. and the Heavenly Way School were true, it would be much better to have the Sun-Woo clan as an ally than an enemy.

Shi-Woon's eyes grew wide. "Why would you make such a deal, and why in the world do you want to examine me?"

Ju Sang-Sik chuckled. "While you probably don't know what happened, I'm sure you've noticed the changes to your body, hmm? Shi-Woon didn't answer, but I was obvious from his face that he had noticed. "Faster, stronger, sharper senses... These are all results from your body going through the Hwan Gol Tal Tae. It means that your body had been remodeled by your Ki. I've been looking for someone like you for a very very long time."

Captain Jung started to say something, but Ju Sang-Sik cut him off. "I suppose you'd rather have a war with the Sun-Woo clan over the death of their Gauj." After the rebuke, Captain Jung looked flustered but he wisely kept him mouth shut.

Ju Sang-Sik turned back to Shi-Woon. "Well kid... er... Gaju of the Sun-Woo clan. Do we have a deal?"

Shi-Woon rubbed his chin and said, "Once a month."

"Huh?" said Ju Sang-Sik. "What do you mean?"

"It's a deal if I only have to meet with you once a month," answered Shi-Woon.

"Bah! Listen here punk. If that's the way your going to be, I'll just kill you now."

"Fine," said Shi-Woon. "Then twice a month."

"Look kid, if I can't see you at least once a week, then it's not even worth my time. Once a week is the very minimum."

After a brief pause Shi-Woon nodded his head. "Okay, I'll agree to once a week as long as you teach me that technique you used to close the distance between us."

Ju Sang-Sik laughed hard. "Want to learn that, do ya? Fine, I'll show it to you, but don't blame me if you can't learn it. Most people take decades to master it, if they can learn it at all. So, is it a deal?"

Shi-Woon nodded his head again and held out his hand. In the blink of an eye, Ju Sang-Sik was next to him shaking his hand. As they released their hands, the faint sounds of a helicopter could be heard in the distance.

Ju Sang-Sik looked towards the noise. "Looks like your friends are here. Make sure you tell them about our deal. I'll send a letter to the Sun-Woo Clan with information about our meetings."

"Okay," said Shi-Woon. "I'll explain everything." Then he turned around and headed towards the helicopter.

As Yi Shi-Woon walked he tried to imagine what Jinni's expressions would be when he told about what had happened to him. The image he conjured up brought a smile to his lips. I hope she's on the helicopter, he thought, then he quickened his pace.

New Reply
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast