Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 191

Thread: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member redred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    ok disney buying shipuuden has its pros and cons. the pros is that naruto will be even more popular than it is now with marketing and all kind of disney money making idea.The cons is that there will be a lot censored, for example when killer bee did a number on sasuke chest, when pain nuclear attack konoha. all the great moments of gore will cease to exist in the disney dub. but still i'm really not that concern about it, since we all have options here. we can watch the disney dub which will strip us down to our innocence or the sub where theres a little bit of gore and profanity, either way we have choices.
    for those of you that think disney is afraid of going to newer places, you should know that in the past its had some pretty violent shows (mainly anime that it borrowed from other networks that no longer showed em)
    but still

    also they seem to be trying new things, anybody hear of EPIC MICKEY?
    http://offworld.com/2009/07/gallery-...n-steampu.html

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N WHY, USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    for those of you that think disney is afraid of going to newer places, you should know that in the past its had some pretty violent shows (mainly anime that it borrowed from other networks that no longer showed em)
    but still

    also they seem to be trying new things, anybody hear of EPIC MICKEY?
    http://offworld.com/2009/07/gallery-...n-steampu.html
    like what gargoyle, you can't really compare these past shows to naruto or that disney won't censor a lot. even the sub censored some things in the manga, what makes you think disney won't do worse especially when its demographics are aim towards preteens?

  3. #48
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Golden Land
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    like what gargoyle, you can't really compare these past shows to naruto or that disney won't censor a lot. even the sub censored some things in the manga, what makes you think disney won't do worse especially when its demographics are aim towards preteens?
    uhhh isn't Naruto also aimed at pre-teens/teens?

  4. #49
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    uhhh isn't Naruto also aimed at pre-teens/teens?
    This is Shippuden, meaning that it is a lot more mature than the original Naruto.

  5. #50
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N WHY, USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    uhhh isn't Naruto also aimed at pre-teens/teens?
    uhhh doesn't shipuuden have a more serious tone and content?

  6. #51
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lalalalalalalalalalalala
    Country
    Bermuda
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    My guess is that Japanese pre-teens are way different than Disney XD pre-teens
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

    Tricked you

  7. #52
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    My guess is that Japanese pre-teens are way different than Disney XD pre-teens
    Obviously. Naruto Shippuden generally has a teen audience compared to the original Naruto. Too "mature" to be a kiddy anime but not mature enough to be an adult anime. I guess if only TOONami were still around; as it was the mediator of the two.

  8. #53
    Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    If we forget about the demographic part the guy mentioned and forget about our self need to make Naruto more adult... out of all of shipuuden, what can't a 10 year old see?

    I mean, you take away Hidans language(which would of happened on any channel) and a couple of scenes from Hidan vs Asuma and there really isn't that much "obscene" material in the other 100 episodes at all.

    The idea that Disney is going to destroy the show is ludicrous.

    Its already a kid show to begin with and is perfectly atone to a 10 yr olds need.

    Plus, most of you won't watch it anyways(prefer subs over dubs) and anyone else that sees it will either have no idea that its been edited or will be a sub guy watching it out of pure curiosity...


    Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    Obviously. Naruto Shippuden generally has a teen audience compared to the original Naruto. Too "mature" to be a kiddy anime but not mature enough to be an adult anime. I guess if only TOONami were still around; as it was the mediator of the two.
    Well.... Toonami actually showed anime, while the current CN and Adult Swim show the same anime(bleach, death note, Inuyahsa) repeatedly one night a week.

    CN has fallen fall.
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; September 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #54
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Golden Land
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    uhhh doesn't shipuuden have a more serious tone and content?
    not really, part one has all the same themes and motifs as part two. The only real difference is that the themes became the focus and the happy-go-luckly attitude took a backseat. VotE is probably the series's high-light as far as maturity is concerned, mainly because it was wonderfully complex on many different levels. Some of the recent manga arcs do compare though

  11. #55
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Swallow Valley Mall
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    You never know, maybe Disney will do less edits to try and draw in a slightly older crowd (16-18). By less edits I mean, a little more blood, not editing out tobacco (CN didn't edit it out), and maybe keep a few pervy moments (or at least hint at them for comedy purposes).


    OCCUPY THE WORLD

    I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

  12. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemistakes View Post
    If we forget about the demographic part the guy mentioned and forget about our self need to make Naruto more adult... out of all of shipuuden, what can't a 10 year old see?

    I mean, you take away Hidans language(which would of happened on any channel) and a couple of scenes from Hidan vs Asuma and there really isn't that much "obscene" material in the other 100 episodes at all.

    The idea that Disney is going to destroy the show is ludicrous.

    Its already a kid show to begin with and is perfectly atone to a 10 yr olds need.

    Plus, most of you won't watch it anyways(prefer subs over dubs) and anyone else that sees it will either have no idea that its been edited or will be a sub guy watching it out of pure curiosity...
    There's much more than that that most parent's wouldn't want their kids watching, but I'm not going to get into that. Besides, Naruto's been rated T for teen for a long time (even during season 1), and that was just the original series. Shippuden is much more mature (although not as good), and I just don't like the idea of it being put on Disney. I mean Disney isn't all bad and it does show some shows that have its fair share of swearing, but I just can't see a show like Naruto Shippuden being aired on a channel thats aimed at little kids. Although, you're right in the last part; I'll just be watching it to see if they dubbed it well (which they won't).

  13. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Essence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N WHY, USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    not really, part one has all the same themes and motifs as part two. The only real difference is that the themes became the focus and the happy-go-luckly attitude took a backseat. VotE is probably the series's high-light as far as maturity is concerned, mainly because it was wonderfully complex on many different levels. Some of the recent manga arcs do compare though
    OK with the theme became more focus, the story itself became more serious with the laughing gags lowering down, theres more deaths and more serious stuff from the manga shipuuden will have to show. Now if you Watch Avatar the last Airbender on Nick, it had a serious theme but because of its demographics toward 11 year old, they tone down some of the story element. now i'm not saing that Disney is gonna totally screw shipuuden but like i said Disney will tone down a lot because of its demographic.

  14. #58
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Swallow Valley Mall
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Essence View Post
    OK with the theme became more focus, the story itself became more serious with the laughing gags lowering down, theres more deaths and more serious stuff from the manga shipuuden will have to show. Now if you Watch Avatar the last Airbender on Nick, it had a serious theme but because of its demographics toward 11 year old, they tone down some of the story element. now i'm not saing that Disney is gonna totally screw shipuuden but like i said Disney will tone down a lot because of its demographic.
    Yeah they probably will tone it down, but like its been said, not anymore than Cartoon Network. Both stations generally have the same target audience. More than likely there will still be blood, though not an excessive amount, still show Asuma smoking like normal, and still show people dying when they are supposed to.

    I'm just glad its finally gonna be aired somewhere in the States. Hell, maybe they will show the older Naruto too because CN never did finished running it.


    OCCUPY THE WORLD

    I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I'm just glad its finally gonna be aired somewhere in the States. Hell, maybe they will show the older Naruto too because CN never did finished running it.
    Well, I don't think anybody cares about that. They only didn't air the last 9 episodes IIRC, and those are all filler episodes. And they're all out on DVD now, so I don't see the point of them airing them now.

  17. #60
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Swallow Valley Mall
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shippuuden dub to air on Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    Well, I don't think anybody cares about that. They only didn't air the last 9 episodes IIRC, and those are all filler episodes. And they're all out on DVD now, so I don't see the point of them airing them now.
    Well the people who don't have access to the internet and can't afford to buy the dvds will care Even though they were fillers the last episode had Naruto leaving to train and without seeing that, there could be a little confusion when Shippuuden starts up.


    OCCUPY THE WORLD

    I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts