Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Does anybody know what the symbol means and what is up with the border around it? Is there a clearer picture of it somewhere?
Yes, we had a discussion and a bigger pic about it in one of the chapter discussion threads.
I'll check them and post the link here, gimme a sec. Done.
I quoted it, so feel free to discuss about it here
Originally Posted by YohgiOriginally Posted by VIII[br]Posted on: December 23, 2006, 10:47:11 PM_________________________________________________Here we goOriginally Posted by eni
Thanks very much! ^_^
is that mean 'life'?
so it explain everything why in the fight with Skin, he still not died even from deep and dangerous wound.
that mark is to keep his soul bound to its body and the effect everytime he uses it, it will slowly 'eat' him.
I've seen the exact same symbol appearing in two other mangas. One gave the guy the ablity to regenerate, leading me to think of Kanda immediately. The other created Illusions of some sort, and enhanced speed of the bearer. Does that help?
I am sure the symbol has something to do with his life and to save it. Remeber what Komui says in chapter 16 volume 2:
"But them (the wounds) taking time means that you're beginning to approach the "gutter". You can't be mistaken in your measurement. Of the remaining amount of your life, you know..."
I remember later was also something told that the cirlce around this symbol, if it disappears completely, the power of this symbol has vanished, or something like that. And that would mean if he comes into a deadly dangerous situation, he may die.
I think it looks rather like the Jewish Sun symbol. =)
Yes, u're right but kanda=jewish lol
I'm confused o_O
Isn't deep sleep supposed to represent kanda dying and awakened state....well when he's alive or his regeneration ability.
And after he used it against skin, his tattoo only became more marked...and bigger.
Maybe he started of with just one of the symbols? Like only awakened state...or something.
Here I'd like to discuss Kanda's puzzle and try, with your help, to solve his misteries.
Little is said about him, but a lot of "elements" are spread through the manga, all releted to each other:
1) The "AUM" or "OM" tattoo on his chest =>
2) The lotus blossom kept in the hourglass =>
3) His immunity to the akuma virus =>
4) His fast healing capacities =>
5) His immortality, or his inability to die =>
6) The misterius person he's searching for.
7) The japa-mala bracelet he wears til the arc series.
8) The name of his innocence Mugen (six illusions, infinity).
9) The picture of him, in the novel, were his shadow has got the form of skull!
10) His emphaty (although not much shown) for Tapp death (didn't you notice his only moment of emphaty?).
...I had so many in mind til now!! I forgot a lot! Anyway, lets just start from here.
The intuition I got is about kanda being the heart, but I don't really know (who knows!!).
Reasons for each point:
1) The "AUM" simbol rapresent the 4° chakra, the heart chakra called anahata... and it is also related to the skin (Skin boric!?) =>
2) The heart chakra is drawn like a lotus flower of 12 petals (remembers me of something special...).
3) The immunity to the akuma virus seems related to the tatoo and/or the lotus, but, anyways, its a property only parasitic types of innocence have (Does he hide a parasitic innocence, the heart, through an illusion, mugen? ...Also the earl supposed something like that! Who also excluded Allen and Linalee being the heart...)
4) 5) the reason why he is able to heal and revive himself over and over, I don't understand... is the innocence heart immortal? Has it got a limited immortality (lotus in the hourglass?)?? Bu...
6) The person he is searching... is that the one on the second cover with the mask and the white hairs? Could it be Allen (he evoids Allen, he hates him), or the 14th (Allen "is" him)? Could it be that the reason beacuse he will live til he finds that person is that he is the heart and that in the encounter with that person he's gonna die???
7) The japa-mala bracelet is made of 108 + 1 beans... 108 + 1 = 109 innocences... is it a huuuuge hint, isn't it???!!!!
8) Mugen = Six Illusions... could mugen itself be an illusion? Mugen also means infinity... is it a reference/relation to the tattoo and lotus flower, isn't it?
9) and 10) I don't really know what to think about those...
I'd like to read yours speculations!!
P.S. Sorry, very sorry for my horrible english...
yeah the kanda thing, is something else that we have to resolve too (along with lavi) so we still have some ways to go before the end (though people keep saying it's going to end just cause allen awakens)
here is the only part that Kanda looks sympathetic, it's easy to overlook (i did the first time i read) and this reveals something like maybe his family was turned into the skulls (or akuma) since he's from Japan
and the om, thingy on his chest someone said it looked like the marking on the egg, and it does except one difference, just a small line that is on his tattoo and there is no like on the egg (though it's not actually on the egg, it's the magic from cross, so maybe a sorscerer(god my spelling is bad) put the curse on him, like the earl cause he is one like cross).
Yes, there's a connection between the skulls and the egg! And this would give sense at the image in the novel where his shadow looks like a skull. And, to tell the truth, reading the novel didn't gave me the feeling that his mistery is related to the heart of innocence (I just hope for it!).
I think i found another one i mean mistery about him, sorry if it was somewhere in the forum already. His name, i know, i know his name is Kanda but i found something interesting about a Sikh symbol named Khanda
There are three different items used in a Khanda, which also have a symbolic meaning:
-Two swords, signify the spiritual and secular forces influencing the soul.
-A double edged sword symbolizes the ability of truth to cut through the duality of illusion.
-A circlet represents unity, a sense of being at one with infinity.
I just found these maches like illusion, infinity, of course this can be just coincidence.
+Sorry for my poor english
Last edited by cristina23; April 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Hahaha, no, no
It is like this: Kanda -> ...always, without middle steps!!
Anyway, you're right!
But there are so many hints! It's annoying not to know what they mean... Hoshino hurry up!!