Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mana & the Earl... ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OQO's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mana & the Earl... ?

Is just me, having hallucinations, or there's really a huge similarity between Mana Walker and the Earl of the Millenium??

Mana from the anime

Mana from night 137 Foundling child and pierrot

The Earl from night 158 The evil flower
    Spoiler show

They look exactly the same!!!!!!!! Same hat! Same coat! Same everything!!!

I guess once more! Mana is the white side of the Earl of the Millenium! That's explains his speach in the last page I linked!
    The Earl and the 14th are "the" brothers and this would explain because Allen and the Earl have got the same sword!

What's your opinion!? What's your guess!!??

Oh! Yeeh!!! There's more: this would also explain Cross words to Allen: "When you became the 14th you are gonna kill someone you love"!! Cross is speaking of the Earl!!!

I'm sure! Hoshino is good, but i'm better! :P
    Last edited by OQO; April 28, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cristina23's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mana & the Earl... ?

I like your theory, there is just one thing that don't match, that night when Mana was turned into akuma, the earl and Mana, was there in the same time, but that page with the earl's dream, it's very very interesting....

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about this point: like Tiky, Mana-Earl can be two differents souls, or spirits whatever they are, and share the same body. Allen called for Mana while in front of him there was only the Earl. And...

Look at this page!

When Allen hits the Mana-Akuma body, the Earl disappears! And the Earl himself says that he doesn't know why he didn't kill Allen that night: "was it coincidence or was it inevitable?"

"Woooohooo! What a wonderful SIMMETRIA!!" ... Death the Kid(do)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

many people have thought of it but I don't feel they are the same person. (i don't want)
    14th/Allen loves Mana; 14th/Allen kills the Earl
    Mana loves Allen/14th; the Earl kills Allen/14th

so........Mana is not the Earl

And at the night when Allen turnt Mana to Akuma, the Earl was there.....
    I cannot tell anymore until the Earl shows up again
    MyList of reading n watching

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Good spoiler tag^^ Are these subliminaldirect messages? XD

Quote Quote:
    I'm sure! Hoshino is good, but i'm better!
    Yeah, you can be sure^^ but i'm not^^ For sure Hoshino is better! XD

Ok, ok, let's see your theory:

Quote Quote:
    When Allen hits the Mana-Akuma body, the Earl disappears! And the Earl himself says that he doesn't know why he didn't kill Allen that night: "was it coincidence or was it inevitable?"
    Before that chapter i simply thought The Earl just goes after create the akuma without feellin' really interested in how it kills the human.
    But after that chapter i just reconsidered it. There's something in that moment still hiden but important to understand the plot in the future, i'm sure.

But about your theory:
    Well, since the Earl nature is practically unknown there's not too much we can say about him.

But we know this:
    Noah souls jump from one human to another (as in reincarnation) and awake after some time (that's what happened to Skin).
    I think only the Earl can trully kill a Noah. And that's what he did with the 14th.
    But the fourteen, knowing this, implanted his memories/soul (a copy?) into another human (Allen) before fight definitelly the Earl and die.
    So conclusion: The 14th sould jumped into *** Walker, who resulted to have a brother: Mana Walker. That's all the relation of Mana with the Earl.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Good spoiler tag^^ Are these subliminaldirect messages? XD
    Ooooppsss!! Sorry! I didn't thought about it!

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    Before that chapter i simply thought The Earl just goes after create the akuma without feellin' really interested in how it kills the human.
    But after that chapter i just reconsidered it. There's something in that moment still hiden but important to understand the plot in the future, i'm sure.
    But we know this: ... That's all the relation of Mana with the earl.
    Hum! Sorry, I didn't get the first part...

Ok, what was given us to know is just what you wrote, but... my question is: if Mana is not the earl, why are they so alike? What's the point in it? Because they are very very very similar...

I'm not pretending to know the plot (yep Hoshino is better: she is gonna come out with something completly different from what we suppose!), but I enjoy daydreaming!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    but I enjoy daydreaming!
    Yeah! Me too!!

Let's see, about your question: Maybe they are just alike as the gentlemen in that century could be. And also, it just could be an sthetic reason: Hoshino is playing with the "Clown" concept from the very beginning and also around the series: The Earl and Mana (and Allen/14th) as two types of Clown: aguste, character..^^

Although you can use my own argument about clowns to tell me: Hey! There's another argument for my theory or something.

Quote Quote:
    I'll explain it:
    If i were the Earl, and i created the akumas, seeing how akuma kill their human relative could be something really boring at the end...(imaging seeing and akuma creation hundred of times per day, --even i could save time--)so i could just let it happens without stay there to see it.
    That's was what i thought when i read it at the beginning of this series. But after the Earl words i know now it's not just it, but something more^^

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to make predictions on this since I prefer to go with the story flow but...
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonnelsw View Post
    14th/Allen loves Mana; 14th/Allen kills the Earl
    Mana loves Allen/14th; the Earl kills Allen/14th
    That would be the twist in it ^^

Hm, I don't think they are the same person either but in some way or another very close. Though, I wouldn't mind if it turns out like this.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How about this theory:
    Cross said Mana and the 14th was fighting against the earl, so the earl and Mana knew each other, then why the earl choose Mana and Allen to manufacture akuma, he want just to torture Mana this way or he had another motive? For exemple he knew about there is the 14th and this way he want to kill, or subordonate him once and for all. Or the 14th wasn't in Allan yet, and this way with Allen's innocence(becourse just the innocence could kill a noah) he want to kill the 14th, who was in Mana but with that curse he jumped in Allen.
    I know it's diffuse yet, but hope it's understandable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cristina23 View Post
    How about this theory:
    Cross said Mana and the 14th was fighting against the earl, so the earl and Mana knew each other, then why the earl choose Mana and Allen to manufacture akuma, he want just to torture Mana this way or he had another motive? For exemple he knew about there is the 14th and this way he want to kill, or subordonate him once and for all. Or the 14th wasn't in Allan yet, and this way with Allen's innocence(becourse just the innocence could kill a noah) he want to kill the 14th, who was in Mana but with that curse he jumped in Allen.
    I know it's diffuse yet, but hope it's understandable.
    there's one thing, it was mentioned that the 14th memories were implanted into Allen before the 14th died, that means long before Mana cursed Allen, yes it was said in a funny way and all, but still I think it's the truth. so then 14th memories couldn't be transferred to Allen by Mana's curse cause they were already in Allen by that time, but not awakened.

I for now don't like the idea of Mana and Earl being the same person

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah your right my theory has too many weak points

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

What puzzles me most is when at the Tea-party in the garden with all the noah Earl ponders over why he didnt kill Allen at the time.
    To my opinion a human little boy that is a able to kill an akuma should be taken care of imidiatly. Thus Earl questions himself why he didnt. Also he doesnt seem to know Mana at all.So i wonder if the earl is a noah at all.
    After all the Ark was created by Noah in order of God to save him and his kind so the earl pre-dates the noahs. Also the noahs were on Gods side in this story. Im thinking of the posibility that Earl infiltrated the Ark took over and brainwashed the noahs believing they serve God thrue the earl.
    Ofcorse the 14ths brainwash didnt succeed and he escaped. Earl then calls him a traitor and ofcorse the brainwashed noahs see the 14th as a traitor. the 14th might have taken his brother Mana with him while he first sabotages the Ark before leaving.Earl doesnt know Mana and the 14th that good other then that the 14th is able to controle the Ark, logical cause he rigged it.
    Another piece in this puzzle would be that the akuma egg is not a piece of the original Ark whilst the rest is copy/pasted by Road Kamalot. So why cant she simply copy paste this? After all there are now 2 arks 1 commandeerd by the 14th/Allen the other one by Road Kamalot & used by the earl.
    The egg stayed with the 1st ark and wasnt copied still the rest was. So im thinking it was placed later. by the Earl. And it didnt belong with the Ark in the first place.

So the noahs and the earl i see as 2 different parties and the earl simply controles the noahs. Perhaps he implanted them with dark matter so he can controle them. Seeing the blind loyalty of the Akuma he creates with dark matter that would make sence.

So it might have failed with the 14th and Mana. I do see that their clothing styl matches that of the earl but whos the nr 1 imposter? and the liar ...the earl. Not the 14th or Mana.
    Mana i see as perhaps a noah but 1 without this dark matter as it seems he dont have powers. the 14th does have powers. Perhaps during the implantation of the dark matter he broke free rescued his brother and rigged the Ark and ran.

just a wild theory ^^

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found an other link-hint here!
    The buttons show the symbol that is also under the shoes of Tiky and Road! Do they simply wear the same brand of clothing, or else?

However, also on that page, mana looks like the thinner version of the earl ... Cross said he (Mana) lost it when the 14th died... He forgot what he was (the earl)! And when he died and went back being the earl he forgot about being Mana. I think he's the earl! Would be very interesting: the earl would be saved by Allen, in this case! Allen would redeem himself!
    Last edited by OQO; May 08, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

well the most puzzeling is that it apears under road and tykis shoes wich indicates that its a secret symbol/ or at least has a high value with the noahs

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sydney's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...

I'm more inclined to believe this theory after chapter 187. After all...

So the evidence is quite strong there. The only reason I don't accept it fully is because Mana is dead. He was turned into an akuma with the help of the Earl, no less. So Hoshino has to provide a really lovely twist to explain how the Earl is still alive if he is Mana.

And if the Earl is Mana it will answer a lot of questions.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast