Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you change about PoT1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you change about PoT1

Kantou:

Doubles 2 through Singles 1 should have been required, regardless of score

:Seigaku vs Fudomine:

-Tezuka and Tachibana should have had a match

:Seigaku vs Rikkaidai:

-Inui should have lost to give the reader the right perspective of where Renji was supposed to be, in terms of ability level.

-Fuji should have lost to give the right perspective of Kirihara, I mean Fuji winning BECAUSE he was blind, is absurd.

-Sanada should have defeated Echizen to give Echizen a reason to improve for the Nationals. I mean he already beat the best freaking player before the Nationals even began. Then we had to wait until Yukimura. Despite how good the match was with Sanada, I think it would have been better for the reader to look at Yukimura as better than the person who beat Echizen in Kantou, so he would need to try twice as hard to win.

-Seigaku should have lost. Period. They were only going to win in the Nationals anyway. Winning twice was stupid.

-------------------------

Nationals:

:Seigaku vs Shitenhouji:

-Zaizen and Kenya should have played Momo and Kaidoh with kaidomo pair losing bad. The gay pair should not even be in the series. I wanted to kill myself when those chapters were coming out every week.

-Don't get me freaking started on Chitose vs Tezuka. That should have been singles 2, and Tezuka should have gotten PoGW at the END of the match. Chitose should have taken the majority of the games, and then Tezuka should have came back. 6-1 pissed me off.

-Koharu and Gin should have played Eiji and Oishi with seigaku winning.

-Echizen and Kintarou should have played singles 1 with it ending the same way but in a 6-6 tiebreak.

:Seigaku vs Rikkaidai:

-Niou should have had a better playstyle but instead we got a Fuji vs gimp Tezuka/Shiraishi

-Jackal and Bunta should have gotten Synchro to give the golden pair the toughest match.
    Last edited by Fayte; September 15, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change about PoT1

I agree with the ones stated by Fayte.

- Making Fuji play against Osthari in the quarters of the Nationals. They are both called for their genuis play style. The outcome would have to be Fuki winning, making Inui and Kaido lose like they should have.

- Inui/Kaido against Cancer/Enbu: they are behind 2-5 and 15-40 and keep mumbeling something about "hey, they fall for Kaidos trap!" ... they should have somehow win this 6-2.

- Echizen should have lost against Aktuse. Why? Because there should have been a rematch. Unoffical because Aktuse quit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Rikkai should have won Kantoh 3-2, with Fuji and Golden Pair victories. Remember that Golden Pair only played one match in Kantoh, and they lost.Too sad.

2.Hyotei should be the rival of Seigaku in Kantoh Semifinals, much better than Rokkaku. The way Hyotei entered in Nationals isn´t fair and didn´t show his true level. And Rokkaku is really very bad

3. The absolutely necessary victory Kawamura VS Gin was epic. But i would have preferred defeating him winning points instead of just with that epic service.

4. Kikumaru should have lost VS Nagoya. Or Momo should have played in his place an won. In that way, after Momo's win, would have much sense the Momo VS Oshitari

5. And of course, as I said, Seigaku lineup VS Hyotei in the Nationals was ridiculous, they almost lost VS a worse team only because Ryuzaki smoked sth strange before the match

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

1)Fuji should have lost to Kirihara. It would have been a fitting ending. Inui snatches a win against a much stronger opponent, but two miracles were asking for too much. That would have made the national finals much more emotional, since they would be up against the only team they had ever lost against. But instead, the final boss was...A team they had beaten before.
    Yeah.

2)Niou should have beaten Fuji. No logical reason here, I just like Niou.

3)ZAIZEN. GOOD LORD ZAIZEN.

4)Hiyoshi should have been AT LEAST on Echizen's level.

5)Sanada. Mind showing us your other 2 techniques? Pretty please?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    1)Fuji should have lost to Kirihara. It would have been a fitting ending. Inui snatches a win against a much stronger opponent, but two miracles were asking for too much. That would have made the national finals much more emotional, since they would be up against the only team they had ever lost against. But instead, the final boss was...A team they had beaten before.
    Yeah.

2)Niou should have beaten Fuji. No logical reason here, I just like Niou.

3)ZAIZEN. GOOD LORD ZAIZEN.

4)Hiyoshi should have been AT LEAST on Echizen's level.

5)Sanada. Mind showing us your other 2 techniques? Pretty please?
    I also love Nioh, but I think he was defeated in an honorable way.
    It would be great if Nioh would have defeated Fuji and Tezuka won VS Sanada. But Sanada and Fuji needed a victory, and Tezuka and Nioh were defeated after a good fight, like Atobe when he lost VS Ryoma or Golden Pair in Kantoh's Final or VS Nationals QF

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I updated my first post to show Nationals.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points. I guess we didnt get most of them because Konomi just couldnt think of a Syncro vs Syncro match and how Golden Pair could overcome Bunta and Jackel.

Niou disapointed me almost the most in the entire series. I mean in the double match at Kantou he showed sick tricks and then this...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Me? i would leave it the hell alone, following a story that i know already isn't very interesting, part of being a manga fan seems to be complaining about a story NOT going as you predicted.

But i agree that Renji should have beat Inui, or at least lost with some dignity.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seigaku should have lost to Rikkaidai in Kantou. That's the bottom line. I mean there is no freaking excuse for Fuji beating Kirihara. Fuji being blind and managing to hit the ball with his freaking frame. That is bull crap. JUST LET SEIGAKU LOSEEEEEEE. Dang it Konomi...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SumeragiKai's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If I could change one thing from the Nationals, I'd get Yukimura to play S2 lol
    Fuji couldn't beat him, and Echizen wasn't ready yet, no one from Seigaku coulda won. If Yuki told Sanada to throw his pride away to win vs Tezuka, why wouldn't he wrap it up in 3 games
    Last edited by SumeragiKai; September 23, 2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SumeragiKai View Post
    If I could change one thing from the Nationals, I'd get Yukimura to play S2 lol
    Fuji couldn't beat him, and Echizen wasn't ready yet, no one from Seigaku coulda won. If Yuki told Sanada to throw his pride away to win vs Tezuka, why would he wrap it up in 3 games
    Too sad for the ending of the series

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

True, us Rikkai fans can only dream

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How many sports movies are there where the protagonist team loses? Kings have to be dethroned sometimes.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Slam Dunk's protagonist team didn't win the Nationals at the end. A bit more realistic than never losing I think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, almost forgot...

Gay pair should have beaten Momo/Kaidoh so that Echizen and Kintarou could have had a better match.

...Hell, Zaizen coming to the rescue after Chitose was outclassed by Tezuka would have been good too.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast