Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What would you change about PoT1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you change about PoT1

I wish either

1. Rikkai win in the Kantou and Seigaku get them back in the final

or

2. Seigaku win in the Kantou and face another team (the american team) in the final of national.

It would have been a lot more interesting. I'm not sure, but I remember reading in the volume (not sure which one) that Konomi was planning it to be like that at one point, but change his mind because he thought fans would like to see Rikkai fight again (will be great if someone can confirm me). It's not a bad thing, I do want to see Rikkai fight again, but it just seemed not THAT interesting with Seigaku fighting against a team they already won.

Do anyone know if there's a translation to the end of volume 42 'story'? My Japanese friends tell me it's about Ryoma coming back to challenge Tezuka. I really want to read it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jyten View Post
    Did Konomi know what he was doing during the Rikkaidai match, maybe? Reasons follow...

Why don't you think anybody could have won against Rikkaidai? Sure they were strong but from what I gathered only the 3 demons were really on "Tezuka" level even though I really doubt Renji could beat Tezuka. None of the others could beat Tezuka. I don't really see why you have so much beef about Rikkaidai losing?

Inui/Renji - Tie break. It was close. They knew each other extremely well.

Fuji/Kirihara - Very close match. I honestly think Fuji was better than Kirihara. I just think Fuji is a complete space cadet. Blind eyes was a silly way to make him focus, but whatever. I think a serious completely focused Fuji would have beaten Kirihara with out blind eyes.

I mean their win record is about the same. Why do you really think Kirihara is that good? To me, he's below the 3 demons and probably around Yagyuu level but right now he might be below Yagyuu and Nioh.

Echizen - Seriously Echizen should have lost but he's the main char...what can you do?

Furthermore, I'm sorry but realism and logic do not apply to 90% of all manga and anime. Its a bit unfair for PoT to be real and follow logic all the time. If you want that go read history. I'd start around the American revolution and go from there or even better some news reports.
    Anybody on Rikkaidai with the exception of Jackal and Bunta could have played and probably won against Tezuka at that time. Renji? better by far. Remember Tezuka only had Tezuka zone and zero shiki drop shot.

Secondly, Fuji was NOT better than Kirihara. He even admits so himself when he said "If I wasn't blind, I would have lost." Kirihara played an amazing game.

Again, as for Inui/Renji, Renji had skill that matched Tezuka at that point in the series. Inui beating him just for the sake of a cheesy plot was really stupid. I would much rather have Inui just lose and by far. That would be a lot more realistic, considering the amount of hype Konomi made for the "Champions" Rikkaidai that were of "Tezuka level."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    He did? Why did he decide against it, the national finals would have been so great like that.
    I think he decided against it by that point. IIRC, he mentioned that he had been planning to do it after Fuji and Ryoma played that one time, and that they would play again in an official match. So I think by the time Seigaku and Rikkaidai had actually played, he had already discarded that idea.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Anybody on Rikkaidai with the exception of Jackal and Bunta could have played and probably won against Tezuka at that time. Renji? better by far. Remember Tezuka only had Tezuka zone and zero shiki drop shot.

Secondly, Fuji was NOT better than Kirihara. He even admits so himself when he said "If I wasn't blind, I would have lost." Kirihara played an amazing game.

Again, as for Inui/Renji, Renji had skill that matched Tezuka at that point in the series. Inui beating him just for the sake of a cheesy plot was really stupid. I would much rather have Inui just lose and by far. That would be a lot more realistic, considering the amount of hype Konomi made for the "Champions" Rikkaidai that were of "Tezuka level."
    Well, TZone and Zero-shiki are nightmares to stop. Remember even Atobe was on his knee's to those two moves and frankly, Atobe would beast everyone in Rikkaidai but Sanada and Yuki.

Why is Fuji worse again? It simply says that Fuji couldn't have won unless he went above his limits by allowing him to heighten his other senses (to me this means focusing your other senses...unless Konomi now decided to break biology...I mean seriously your ears don't suddenly hear more frequencies. You just get better at analyzing the data coming to your brain from your ears. So, focus)?

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/223/05/

During this match didn't Kirihara also go above his limits with SoA?

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/222/02/

So, breakdown...

Pre-Match

Kirihara - 22
    Fuji - 22

Kirihara must go red eyes to become stronger than Fuji.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/216/18/

Even though he still loses the first match...

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/217/18-19/

Either way, I think this win was simply Akaya getting started in Red Eyes mode.

Fuji becomes semi-serious....

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/218/17/

During match

Kirihara Red Eyes - 25
    Fuji Semi-Serious - 24

Fuji goes blind to focus more...

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/219/03/

Kirihara loses Red Eyes...starts pushing as hard as he can...with out SoA or red eyes...

Kirihara Completely Serious - 26
    Fuji Blind Focused - 31

Kirihara goes SoA to try and become stronger...

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/221/08-09/

Kirihara SoA - 30
    Fuji Focused - 31

Fuji still wins in the end...

Post match

Kirihara - 30
    Fuji - 31

Fuji wins.

http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/222/16-17/

Onto Inui/Renji match...hype really means nothing, results are what matter...bleach has taught me that QQ. *Holds back every fiber in his being not to rant at bleach*

Also, its quite possible for Inui to also have reached "Tezuka" level by the time he fought Renji. Inui trained freaking hard. Now could he beat TZone...I don't think so...but then again I don't think Renji could have either.
    Last edited by Jyten; December 10, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre national-all teams were pretty crusty apart from Rikkai, and makes me wonder how weak middle school tennis was the year before that. Seriously, they were just ordinary tennis players with the exceptions of those we see more of.

Inui was no better than Renji, definately. It was lame to say he had a 50% chance of winning - such a poor excuse. He was mind raped in the nationals finals - Kanto wise, at first in that S3 match, it made me think Renji was a crap player - course, opinions improved throughout and Renji and Inui are my two favourite players now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

(Sorry for my terrible english. I insist on participating in this forum even when I can't write or speak properly in english. But this discussions are interesting)

1.-Definitely, Seigaku should have lost against Rikkaidai in Kantou. Its so boring they always win. Nationals would have been far more interesting if they had to play against the only team that they couldn't defeat.

2.- The final match , Ryoma vs Yukimura... the match should have ended in a tiebreak... 6-4 was too short and I just can't accept Ryoma won 6 games in a row. Yukimura should have shown more passion (like Fuji did against Shiraishi) ... realizing that tennis is about fun (that's so cursi) and the match should have ended dramatically in the tiebreak.

3.- Seigaku should lose at least 1 match... It is sooo predictable they’re gonna win.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dressrosa's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There is only one thing I would change.

Nationals Finals Singles 1.

Tezuka vs Yukimura

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Im glad it was cleared up that Fuji is better than Kirihara but what about Inui??
    Arent Inui and Yanagi equal???

Inui beat Yanagi dammit.
    I think they are equal in ability.

For me, I'd change Sengoku losing to Kamio and have it that Kamio was facing Muramochi.(the Yamabuki guy with the shades)
    Or at least show Marui and Jackal's Singles abilities.
    Since ALL RikkaiDai members are excellent singles players.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sai and I were bored and went through all the matches again, and we came up with a complete changes list... for those interested:

Spoiler show

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sai and I were bored and went through all the matches again, and we came up with a complete changes list... for those interested:

Spoiler show
    All good changes. Except Echizen losing to Sanada :/
    Echizen losing to him then beating Yukimura just wouldnt feel right.

The Seigaku VS SHitenhoji match looks interesting except Momo/Kaido losing.
    I'd rather they won and Ishida/Kenya beat Kawamura/Oishi pair.

Then an Inui VS Zaizen 6-3 or 6-4 would seem more adequate.
    I doubt Konomi is gonna make Zaizen particularly weak if its going to be in the reserve slot.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    All good changes. Except Echizen losing to Sanada :/
    Echizen losing to him then beating Yukimura just wouldnt feel right.
    He'd get the rematch before playing Yukimura, so I don't think there are any issues here?

The Seigaku VS SHitenhoji match looks interesting except Momo/Kaido losing.
    I'd rather they won and Ishida/Kenya beat Kawamura/Oishi pair.
    Well, GP didn't play that match in the first place, probably because of Oishi's wrist injury. Furthermore, that match was supposed to make Kawamura the strongest power player, so it's hard to make him lose here.

Then an Inui VS Zaizen 6-3 or 6-4 would seem more adequate.
    I doubt Konomi is gonna make Zaizen particularly weak if its going to be in the reserve slot.
    Yeah idk, 6-2 was just a random result.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd get the rematch before playing Yukimura, so I don't think there are any issues here?

Well, GP didn't play that match in the first place, probably because of Oishi's wrist injury. Furthermore, that match was supposed to make Kawamura the strongest power player, so it's hard to make him lose here.
    I didnt notice the Sanada rematch.

and yeah Kikumaru/Kawamura winning would be good.
    But I was wondering, who is stronger in Singles?

Is Kikumaru better than Oshitari Kenya?
    Nevermind the Kawamura VS Ishida. G battle.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Kikumaru better than Oshitari Kenya?
    Nevermind the Kawamura VS Ishida. G battle.
    According to Vol 40.5, Kamio is the fastest player in Kanto, in other words, faster than Kikumaru. As we know, Kenya is even faster than Kamio.
    I'd say overall Kenya's stats are just a bit better than Kikumaru's, so I think he would win if they played. It'd probably be close though.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Vol 40.5, Kamio is the fastest player in Kanto, in other words, faster than Kikumaru. As we know, Kenya is even faster than Kamio.
    I'd say overall Kenya's stats are just a bit better than Kikumaru's, so I think he would win if they played. It'd probably be close though.
    Coz Im still unsure where Kikumaru goes in the ranking tier.
    In the Anime Kikumaru is on par with Inui.

And I got the feeling that Kikumaru was faster than Kamio. Considering Kikumaru and Kenya both create copies of themselves coz theyre moving so fast.
    Whereas Kamio didnt show that ability.

Coz I watched the anime, I believed they were equal or Kikumaru was stronger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think now Kenya is stronger than Kikumaru, like Inui.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast