Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Can Ukitake's shikai redirect respira?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ukitake can redirect Respira and have an easy win

13 28.89%
  • No,Barragan respira is ultimate....

11 24.44%
  • Ukitake would find another way to skip it,maybe his bankai....

19 42.22%
  • Don?t know.....

5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Jyuushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jyuushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

^ That's possible seeing how shinigami aren't said to be immortal or anything. At the same time, I get the feeling that with Ukitake's level of kidou he could defeat Barragan the same way Hachi did if worse came to worse...IIRC, Ukitake is pretty well versed when it comes to demon magic..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If zampakutos age, that's fine and all, but where have we seen Juushiro's swords even touch things they absorb? I think it just serves as a channel to redirect attacks that are absorbed. If that's the case he could redirect respira. If not he does have more to him than that. More shikai, kido, and lets not forget his bankai! Juushiro would win. If he's equal to Shunsui which Yama has said, and Shunsui took down #1, I'm sure Juushiro could find a way to take down #2.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/363/09/

Wasn't jushiro touching cero here? granted it was for the purpose of absorbing it but I would still think doing this to respira would result in the aging of his zampakuto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in ukitakes redirection ability, i thought i remember reading that he added his own power to starks cero to make it twice as powerful. maybe ukitake has a way of firing JUST the power that he would normally add to the redirected attack. if he could do something like this that would give him a solid method of offense, and when mixed with his speed he would be plenty dangerous to almost anyone else.
    Last edited by conn-man; July 20, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    in ukitakes redirection ability, i thought i remember reading that he added his own power to starks cero to make it twice as powerful. maybe ukitake has a way of firing JUST the power that he would normally add to the redirected attack. if he could do something like this that would give him a solid method of offense, and when mixed with his speed he would be plenty dangerous to rose and almost anyone else.
    I don't think anything of the sort was ever said. Ukitake could use the tags of his sword to alter the flow of the attack though which is completely different from what you said.

I think you are confusing nel with ukitake. Nel could absord ceros and add her own to make it a double cero.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think anything of the sort was ever said. Ukitake could use the tags of his sword to alter the flow of the attack though which is completely different from what you said.

I think you are confusing nel with ukitake. Nel could absord ceros and add her own to make it a double cero.
    yeah your right, i just went back and reread the chapter. i remembered for sure that nel could do it but i wasnt sure about ukitake, i remembered that he altered the cero some how but i forgot the details.

on another note the chapter where ukitake interfered with shunsui and starks fight is really good a second time around and shows nicley how strong we can expect ukitake to be when/if he gets serious.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying, if it's your ability to absorb and redirect another ability, I'm sure Ukitake would find a way to use it to his advantage. If he isn't able to use that, I think there's a way for him to use kido, his speed, his knowledge of hollows and the likes to find a way to beat barragan. I don't think it'd be easy, but I think he could do it. I hope we see more of him soon.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how his redirecting ability would be useful against barragan though. Barragan does not use cero, it's not possible to fight him in close range and does not use other energy based attacks.... I can't imagine what use he could possibly give his shikai in this battle. Juushiro also does not seem like the speed type, I doubt he can be considered a beast in that regard considering his disease seems to keep his body in a weakened state. Given the abilities ukitake has shown, I can't help but think barragan is a very poor match for him. He'd have to rely on his bankai but since we do not have a clue as to what it is...

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/363/09/

Wasn't jushiro touching cero here? granted it was for the purpose of absorbing it but I would still think doing this to respira would result in the aging of his zampakuto.
    IMO once Ukitake's zanpakuto starts absorption process, the mass/energy that is absorbed loses its potency and can't perform its actual effects on the target. Otherwise the whole absorption process would be pointless and Ukitake's zanpakuto would get incinerated, frozen, etc. before it can do its trick.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Impossible to say..If his shikai can re direct respira it still would not work.....So based on what we have seen bara wins...There is still bankai however but its impossible to know.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Gran, from the way he absorbed the ceros- it doesn't seem like his swords would be affected. Maybe they would but from their ability it looks to me like he can absorb energy kido based attacks. If kido can hold respira from Hachi, I think potentially he could absorb respira and direct it back at him. But even if he can't, Juushiro isn't a one sided type of fighter. Kido is a weapon he could use and that had good affect on Barragan. Even if it didn't kill him, I'm sure as smart as Juushiro is he'd be able to deduce that his own ability can harm him.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7