Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Can Ukitake's shikai redirect respira?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ukitake can redirect Respira and have an easy win

13 28.89%
  • No,Barragan respira is ultimate....

11 24.44%
  • Ukitake would find another way to skip it,maybe his bankai....

19 42.22%
  • Don?t know.....

5 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jyuushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jyuushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

I'm seriously interested in your opinion,and I really don't know how no one ever thought of this.....
    Do u think that Ukitake's shikai can redirect respira????which would mean easy win.......
    I think it can personally cause I don't think that a "Shikai/sword" would age(since people like him have it from thousands year),and also,we have seen the tip of his sword absorb wide ranged ceros.....so a wide ranged respira with the same trick would not make a problem IMO!!!
    Last edited by Yans86; September 15, 2009 at 07:10 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

respira seems to affect everything it touches so it would affect the shikair of ukitake aswell.
    Ukitake his shikai needs to make contact with the attack to be able to absorb and redirect it. It also seems that barragant is immune to his own respira on the outside with some sort of barrier technique.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    respira seems to affect everything it touches so it would affect the shikair of ukitake aswell.
    Ukitake his shikai needs to make contact with the attack to be able to absorb and redirect it. It also seems that barragant is immune to his own respira on the outside with some sort of barrier technique.
    I think Yans has a point the Zanpakutoh is the most concentarted and powerfull expression of a shinigamis spirit force. Ukitake is on Starrk's level which means better than Barragan. I dont think Barragan's respire would damage his Zanpakutoh, at least not in time. I voted dont know cos there are way too many ifs here.

I would still bet on Ukitake though.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hachigeneral's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I think Yans has a point the Zanpakutoh is the most concentarted and powerfull expression of a shinigamis spirit force. Ukitake is on Starrk's level which means better than Barragan. I dont think Barragan's respire would damage his Zanpakutoh, at least not in time. I voted dont know cos there are way too many ifs here.

I would still bet on Ukitake though.
    Ukitake is fighting a losing battle.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/136/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/136/11/

If Ukitake struggles against fodder hollows then what chance does he have against The King of Hollows. Listen, that respira hasnt shown any weaknesses other than being able to decay anything it hits. Ukitake's pitiful endurance basically means Barragan buries him.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hachigeneral View Post

If Ukitake struggles against fodder hollows then what chance does he have against The King of Hollows. Listen, that respira hasnt shown any weaknesses other than being able to decay anything it hits. Ukitake's pitiful endurance basically means Barragan buries him.
    And well,he managed to survive for thousands here with that pitiful endurance.....THX for ur support :-D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

A wrong example.

Ukitake's illness triggers whenever Kubo deems necessary, it's a plot device. It doesn't mean he'll get sick at the slightest effort, he even survived an encounter with Yamaji.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He wasn't struggling, he moved so fast to cut the hollow that the hollow was taken by surprise. He didn't want to do anything drastic b/c that is the body of his VC.
    It was his sickness that caused all that blood on his body. I don't understand how you can sit there and say that uki is weak

As for whether uki can reverse respira, yes he may be able to. But that would mean respira would only hit barragan on the outside. Doesn't barragan have an ability that makes him immune to respira from the outside. That is why hacchi had to move the attack inside him, where the ability does not work.
    But in the end I still think uki can win.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member deanmilanov's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet on Barragan and here are my reasons:
    His power is (my speculation) akin to cero, but somehow "spatially and nature-recomposed" (forgive me for these words ), an S-class jitsu Now we all know it ages everything it touches, while normal ceros just burn/evaporate whatever they touch. I think Ukitake can absorb it whitout his zanpaktou being aged (or rather, without any effect on the battle), but I also think Barragan can dodge his own attack. IF we knew whether Ukitake's sword could keep the attack inside, my opinion would differ, but right now, here's a possible variant for a battle: some exchange of attacks, next thing barragan pops up in front of Uki, tries to cut him in two whit his axe, Uki blocks it with both swords, trapping the axe because of the form of the blades, and then... barragan burps in his face. Game over. Though Kubo would never do it that way
    Arguing on the Internet is like running in the special Olympics - even if you win, you are still retarded.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jyuushiro Ukitake VS Barragan Luisenbarn

I think Ukitake would win this one. Barragan was an overconfident doofus with a one trick pony ability. If Ukitake's zanpakuto has the power to absorb a cero from the Primera (who is basically the strongest cero user in the series), without any negative consequences, I wager it can probably absorb Respira. The mechanics behind Ukitake's Zanpakuto are still pretty unknown in that regard, but given that it's made to absorb powerful attacks, I don't think it would decay upon absorbing Respira.
    Additionally, it launches the attack back faster than it's recieved, and given Barragan's personality, I doubt he's gonna be expecting anyone to replicate his "power of god". He might not even be able to perceive how Sogyo no Kotowari works. Starrk did, but Starrk has shown himself to be one of the sharpest characters in the entire series. Barragan... not so much.

Furthermore, and while this hasn't been shown in the series, he is ranked as one of the most proficient captains when it comes to Kido. While I doubt he's up at Hachi's level, I'm sure he's high enough to pull off the same arm-trick if it came down to it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am inclined to believe ukitake would not be able to reverse respira. For that to happen, ukitake's zampakuto would have to have some degree of immunity against the aging effects of the technique and that really does not seem likely. It is possible that the sword could somehow absorb the technique and return it but IMHO it is highly improbable.

Also, what good would it do ukitake to repel the technique. He would effectively avoid respira which is barragans greatest technique but respira itself does not have an effect of barragan. Hachi merely managed to infect barragan because the corrosion being experienced by the arm could infect barragan.

I think ukitake could somehow ultimately pull it off but it all depends on whether his zamapkuto has another special ability which he could use to harm barragan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Barragan is affected by respira, he just prevents it from happening by using his energy to keep it away from himself (or whatever Kubo said).

Bullshit since it comes out of his mouth anyways? Yes, but, it proves, he is not immune to respira, he just has a way of keeping it away from himself when he uses it.

Anyways, I don't think that Ukitake could redirect respira, because... at this time we have no idea what respira is made of and if it would just corrode Uki's sword instead. However, I do think that Ukitake, who is supposed to be one of the strongest captains in the G13, should find some way to defeat him. Likely through either kidou or bankai.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think ukitake would be able to return the respira because, while it looks like a gaseous ranged attack, baragan said himself he has control over time (to a degree of course), so respira is temporal manipulation of an area, having not the properties of matter nor kido/energy; basically it is intangible in my lil theory. thats like saying ukitake would be able to return the effects of the forbidden spells tessai used.

as for whether or not ukitake could beat baragan as a whole, tough to say. is that barrier hachi teleported his arm with kido that ukitake as a non-vizard would have access to, or is it one of hachi's own spells? if the latter, than ukitake's ability in kido shouldn't be able to help him too much. however his zanpakto has a lot of untapped potential so, i would say it is certainly within his ability to defeat baragan, and vice versa.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    He wasn't struggling, he moved so fast to cut the hollow that the hollow was taken by surprise. He didn't want to do anything drastic b/c that is the body of his VC.
    It was his sickness that caused all that blood on his body. I don't understand how you can sit there and say that uki is weak

As for whether uki can reverse respira, yes he may be able to. But that would mean respira would only hit barragan on the outside. Doesn't barragan have an ability that makes him immune to respira from the outside. That is why hacchi had to move the attack inside him, where the ability does not work.
    Guys, you missed the point of that entire example. I'm saying in a prolonged fight with Barragan Luisenbarn the sickness can creep up on Ukitake. It isn't possible for Ukitake to end that fight quickly, Barragan has to be slowly picked apart unless you do the arm-warp thing on him. You can't just run in and melee him down quickly like Kenpachi would try...you gotta fight him with range or you die. Ukitake has a WEAK body as the captain commander said, and against Barragan, hes gonna give out. Ukitake is an old man guys...just accept it. You know it, I know it, and Ukitake knows it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post

Lol i think he would say anyone is weak, because they arent Hachi. Even though its pretty clear to most that Ukitake >>>>>>>>>>Hachi. Fighters who only cover one aspect can only go so far. My money is on Ukitake bacuse he is proficent in all of shinigami combat, has a shikai ability which may be able to reflect respira. Besides Ukitake is likely to exceed Barragan in both power and skill. Ukitake is at Starrk's level, automatically higher than Barragan. Given that he no doubt has mastery over hado and the reiatsu he puts behind it is probably at least as much as Tessai and that he still has a bankai to use, it would be foolish to bet against the man.

Besides as Gran maestro said the illness is plot device. It happened once in a fight and never again. If he can last against yama he can damn well last against trash like Barragan(trash from the perspective of people like Yama, Shunsui, Ukitake, Starrk and Aizen).
    Last edited by Mifune_Taichou; September 15, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Ukitake is at Starrk's level, automatically higher than Barragan.
    When he beats Stark 1v1 you can say that. Deflecting a couple of Stark's cero is not being on his level. Stark was about to shoot 1000 cero and kill Ukitake before Wonderweis showed up and did Stark's job for him. Ukitake might have good abilities and be wise but he is cursed with weak stamina due to his illness. And guess what, Barragan ain't gonna stop attacking when Ukitake starts coughing up blood midfight. Well, knowing Barragan, he probably would start talking about his ant farm and give Ukitake a few chances, but if we assume Barragan is there to fight Ukitake is gonna drop.

Quote Quote:
    Besides as Gran maestro said the illness is plot device. It happened once in a fight and never again. If he can last against yama he can damn well last against trash like Barragan(trash from the perspective of people like Yama, Shunsui, Ukitake, Starrk and Aizen).
    Yama wasn't even trying to kill them. Where was the bankais? It wasn't no serious fight, he just wanted to punish them he said. Man, that was more of a Yama power up than a real fight since they barely even fought and went to stop Aizen instead.

Let's not forget Respira was able to hit Soifon who is likely faster than Ukitake. This is a stomp.
    Last edited by Hachigeneral; September 15, 2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast