Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Kandachime by Task Ohna

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kandachime by Task Ohna

Potentially speaking, it could go on to be a fantastic manga, but seems more shounen than seinen to me. Fans of the Fate/Stay Night anime will probably like it. I'm disguishing such fans who went crazy over the galge.

Anyway, with chapter twelve fresh out, I have to say that I'm uttterly disappointed. I mean we all knew that Mumiyo was probably a Jatou, but why reveal it so early? And why can't it be something more imaginative like Kandachime are swords that end up choosing whether they'll be good or bad. I'm quite disappointed in that regards. It feels like I've been robbed of options. I so wanted to see the sword grow, I was super excited about her being able to touch him/pick up things without cutting them.

Either way, it might be able to be saved if this turns into one of those things where by Mumiyo is Moses and leads Jatou's to the promised religion of good and this is a tale of that struggle and how she is the best and strongest.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kandachime by Task Ohna

nice manga, and I agree with the part that it seems more like shounen than a seinen, have been reading for a quite a while and is interesting. And the part of mumyo revealed to be a potential jatou seems to sudden
    Tell me what's up with his brother man, when he went to visit his father and his brother saw mumyo, he suddenly had a dark face. he seemed evil for a sec there

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it would appear that the brother was the original owner of Mumyo but after cutting incident, Mumyo rejected the brother? I'm also not sure what happened in between the cutting incident and Mumyo going to live in the basement? Did she go on a killing spree having possessed the brother? It's a real possibility.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well mumyo said it was the first time she cut so maybe she is attached to the blood and wouldnt recognize the older brother as master? Too bad her human form cuts.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it her last? The fact that she could become a Jatou, seems to be accepted by everyone with statements like "be careful she doesn't kill you". I'm starting to think that the difference between Jatou and Kandachime is the will and intentions of the owner. The jatou we've met thus far aren't like the other swords we've met, they're in control of their swords and they also seem to be trying to force Mumyo into blood lust.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there's a high possibility that she's jatou or can become one. The owner takuma(I think) is good natured, as for mumyo, when they were fighting the kurobane shiki, he thought to himself that mumyo could also be a jatou when she took control of takuma to save his life, so maybe the fact that mumyo took control of his body even for a second to save his life like a jatou does, through this he could have figured that she could be a jatou too cause jatou also control the body of their owners.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he's not had a fight where she hasn't controlled his body. I guess his best bet is to become a better sword fighter than her.

New Reply