Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who would win between Gin and Shunsui ?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku wins

51 85.00%
  • Gin is way stronger, no way he could lose...

8 13.33%
  • It's a draw..in the end Unohana will only have two more person to treat

1 1.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichimaru Gin vs. Kyoraku Shunsui

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Doumo's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichimaru Gin vs. Kyoraku Shunsui

Well...there's a reasoning in my brain that wants to come out,so here it's:
    Kyoraku says about Toushiro that, given him 100 years, he could become stronger than him...
    now Hitsu graded in 1 year at the Shinigami Academy...but there's someone else that did the same thing and that we can call a genius:
    Ichimaru Gin... now given that Gin actually had a hundred years is Kubo trying to tell us that Gin is actually stronger than Shunsui ?
    Think also that he may have a frightening fox-like hollow mask to make him ever stronger...
    Let me hear your opinions...

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichimaru Gin vs Kyoraku Shunsui...

There is really no way to tell so I'm gonna have to say Shunsui. Gin wasnt hiding his bankai and Shunsui was still considered stronger.

I just cant imagine him being that strong and as for being a vaizard I really dont think so.

As for Hitsugaya and gin as genius' hmm...They really seem to be on the same level. When they fought in the manga(not the anime) all that happened was Hitsugaya went shikai and then froze gin;s arm. gin went shikai and Hitsugaya dodged. If anything it seems Hitsugaya is more skilled. You could argue Gin wasnt serious but we dont know that and besides if hitsugaya was really serious he would have gone bankai like he did later. EIther way there is nothing to show Gin as stronger than Hitsugaya so he should still be weaker than Shunsui.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not the face of a person who is not serious (middle right panel):

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/132/07/

And all geniuses are not equal. One genius (Hitsugaya) may be more talented than another (Gin). We didn't see Gin's full abilities yet but Kubo created a rivalry between Hitsugaya and Gin for a reason and in Bleach a rivalry suggests two opponents who are more or less on a par. (Example: Komamura vs Tousen)

Since Shunsui is stronger than Hitsugaya, IMO he is also stronger than Gin.
    Last edited by Gran Maestro; September 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Maestro View Post
    This is not the face of a person who is not serious (middle right panel):

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/132/07/

And all geniuses are not equal. One genius (Hitsugaya) may be more talented than another (Gin). We didn't see Gin's full abilities yet but Kubo created a rivalry between Hitsugaya and Gin for a reason and in Bleach a rivalry suggests two opponents who are more or less on a par. (Example: Komamura vs Tousen)

Since Shunsui is stronger than Hitsugaya, IMO he is also stronger than Gin.
    Yh dnt get me wrong I think Gin was being serious, I just meant some people(mostly Hitsuhaters) keep claiming he wasnt to deflect the fact that he lost that fight if anything.

I agree they are rivals and should be roughly on par. If anything from their encounter Hitsugaya came out on top and not the other way around.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Yh dnt get me wrong I think Gin was being serious, I just meant some people(mostly Hitsuhaters) keep claiming he wasnt to deflect the fact that he lost that fight if anything.
    You got me wrong, I was talking about people who say Gin wasn't serious. My post looked like I was answering you, sorry.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything I think Gin is stronger because Gin is the only one he considered his VC. Aizen probably wouldn't care so much about Gin if he was only around Halibel's level, after a 100 years.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    If anything I think Gin is stronger because Gin is the only one he considered his VC.
    What other choice did Aizen have? It isn't as if Shunsui would accept to be Aizen's VC.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    If anything I think Gin is stronger because Gin is the only one he considered his VC. Aizen probably wouldn't care so much about Gin if he was only around Halibel's level, after a 100 years.
    he considered Gin to be his VC because Gin was the one still serving his real purpose. It doesnt have any bearing on power and as Gran maestro said its not like anyone else was going to take the position. And Tosen is just crap.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, Doumo has a point. Gin and Hitsu showed similar accomplishments and Shunsui said Hitsu would probably surpass him in a 100 years.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I though that people would've started to call in the fact that Hitsugaya is a captain when Gin wasn't a captain 100 years ago to justify the fact that Toshiro is stronger than Gin...but it would clearly be an error since Gin at the time hided his true potentials so he could stay with Aizen in the 5th division...just think that just after graduating, 110 years before the present, Aizen had him facing the 3th seat and he called him "worthless"...
    which explains why Aizen wanted him in his division,foreseeing his potential...

Spoiler show

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin was still a vice captain roughly 40 years ago when Hinamori was in school, though granted we don't know what level he was really at.

Anyway on topic, in terms of Shikai Gin's is one of the most useless while Kyoraku's is unwieldy. Pretty much everything else Kyoraku should have the edge, having vastly more experience, especially since, stat wise, Gin is a generalist. I'd pretty much give it to Kyoraku any day of the week, though the brokenness of their bankai may decide it.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doumo View Post
    Well...there's a reasoning in my brain that wants to come out,so here it's:
    Kyoraku says about Toushiro that, given him 100 years, he could become stronger than him...
    now Hitsu graded in 1 year at the Shinigami Academy...but there's someone else that did the same thing and that we can call a genius:
    Ichimaru Gin... now given that Gin actually had a hundred years is Kubo trying to tell us that Gin is actually stronger than Shunsui ?
    Think also that he may have a frightening fox-like hollow mask to make him ever stronger...
    Let me hear your opinions...
    I think when kyouraku had that conversation the topic was strength of bankai...hyourinmaru is the strongest ice-snow based zan in SS, so it is very possible that in terms of destructive, power hax abilities hitsu's bankai is stronger than gin's...
    Now I vote for Gin...not being a hitsuhater or anything(I actually don't hate or admire characters, except oro) I, too am one of those people who thinks Gin was just playing during their encounter...I'm probably more influenced
    by the anime...but Gin smiledalmost the entire fight and he began to be serious when hitsu released...he didn't even release at once...he thought about the situation calmly and used hinamori as a weapon...it's not honorable, but Rukia's description of gin makes perfect sense in this case, too...But I voted a draw, becuz each of them has advantages over the other in terms of available weapons and style, also there's no more genius than another genius...so unohana will be busy
    Last edited by benelori; September 19, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin is Aizen's lieutenant. That alone counts for something huge. He is also scarily calm. Now shunsui is all laid back and all, but Gin is on another level. He is never flustered and always in that creepy good mood of his. He even has the nerve to mock aizen from time to time.

The back story when he was said to be a genius just adds to the mystery. The fact that he has never been shown to be stronger than even byakuya, to whom he was directly compared. He even casually makes mistakes from time to time as a joke (like when he pushed Ichigo back through the gate). He takes everything too jokingly.

Because of this I assume he must be awesome.
    Last edited by poobert; September 19, 2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: I can't type
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hachigeneral's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichimaru Gin vs. Kyoraku Shunsui

Woah, Shunsui is stomping in the poll. I voted Shunsui too because he has been around a lot longer (arguably faster, more reiatsu), shows he will do anything to win (sneak attacks), and has the shikai advantage. Wind blasts and a demon game that equalizes the field is better than an extendable sword.

The funny thing is Gin being stronger is justifiable based on the hype factor considering Aizen treats him as an equal. Gin may be a vizard or just be stronger from learning from Aizen. I believe he toyed with Hitsuguya because the goal was to make Hitsuguya kill Hinamori, not Gin kill Hitsuguya. The ice kid aint bad, but Gins a bit better...sorry.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichimaru Gin vs. Kyoraku Shunsui

What I find more astonishing in Shunsui is that he is supposed to be a Kido expert user and yet he hasn't used it once...this could mean that until now he never felt the need to do so...with Gin I think we could get to se Shunsui fighting seriously...

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast