Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

For asian metal I only know X-japan. But some of my friends listen to a lot of asian metal (mostly korean and japanese)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't saw anyone mentioning this in this thread wich is weird but here are the news (they are like one week old)

Ronnie James Dio got his own holiday in LA now.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...available.html

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Well I didn't saw anyone mentioning this in this thread wich is weird but here are the news (they are like one week old)

Ronnie James Dio got his own holiday in LA now.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...available.html
    Wow, no I had no idea that they did that. Thats pretty sweet. Its just for Los Angeles though and I'm a New Yorker so I won't be able to celebrate it . O well, but at least the man is being acknowledged .

Its been a whiling since posting here so I wanted to drop bye to mention that Disturbed's new single is out Another Way To Die. Turns out that it is a song about environmentalism. I was really worried about this song at first because it makes Disturbed sound like they are getting on board with Liberals and Mainstream media which is usually a bad sign. However, that being said the song is still pretty heavy and dark at times so even if the song is about environmentalism they add an apocalyptic theme to it and its a nice and redeeming quality to it. Hope you guys enjoy it
    Last edited by Arrogance; June 16, 2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's good but not awesome. Well I guess is suited to be a single it can apeall people who outside the genre of metal. Singles usually are not the best song in an album so I expect better songs in the album.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cua_raitei's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    Hey! Welcome to mangehelpers and thanks for posting in this thread . Indonesian Metal lol I haven't heard much of that. I just checked out burgerkill on myspace. Not bad, I'm not liking the vocals too much though. A little rough to my liking but its a possibility that its just how its recorded. When the vocalist does deeper growls is where I find I'm liking it more but the higher parts sound too screamo for my liking. Musically they are pretty sweet though. They remind me of another band but I just can't seem to put my finger on what the sound specifically is. Anywho thanks for contributing and I hope to see you around here more
    Thanks for the welcome,

Okay,so, here we go,
    there are so many metal freaks in indonesia, especially in my city Bandung, which is one of the center of metal communty in indonesia beside jakarta, and yogyakarta

and here's the list of some famous metal band from indonesia which i know:
    1. Burgerkill
    2. Noxa
    3. Jasad
    4. Death Vomit
    5. Kekal
    6. Seringai
    7. Deadsquad
    8. Purgatory
    9. Beside
    and there are many more

Kekal, i think isn't very famous in indonesia bcause they're staying in canada, if i not wrong

as for asian metal, from japan i know dir en grey, from philippines slapshock
    The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone check the new single of KoRn???

http://modlife.com/korn

What you guys think?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man, I didn't even know that they had one out . Shame on me for not being up to date with them, lol.

I honestly don't know if I like it or not. It starts off a little slower and then gets better as it goes on. I liked how it finished up the best. The music video is another story though, that one is odd, lol. I think the song has potential and it could grow on me after listening to it a few times but as of now I'm not that into it.

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there are tons of videos in youtube with the preview of the album Remember who you are

To be honest.. The album is "Ok".. Not great or Amazing, just Ok..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For a change of pace I'm posting about some Rap Metal . Thats right, the 90's are back with the return of Limp Bizkit! They've got a new album, Golden Cobra coming out sometime this fall and I'm psyched for it!. On top of that they released a single to get our lips wet called Why Try. Its a really great song and Fred Durst sounds better than ever. I found the lyrics to be pretty catchy and the sound is phenomenal. Rap Metal may not be some people's taste but all I know is that I've listened to the song 20 times already and I'm still headbanging . Check the link out and let me know if you guys like the song ...........or if you absolutely hate it .

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Though I don't like it but I have had an album of Limp Bizkit. I like one of their song, Rearranged.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Though I don't like it but I have had an album of Limp Bizkit. I like one of their song, Rearranged.
    I like quite a bit of their stuff, but most of that is the Rap Metal, Heavy in your face stuff. Not the slow more rap orientated songs. The new song Why Try though is just the style of Limp Bizkit that I like and thats why I'm very happy about it.

O and Rearranged is a good song .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member no_regretsYSL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    For asian metal I only know X-japan. But some of my friends listen to a lot of asian metal (mostly korean and japanese)
    I'm not sure if I would dub it "asian metal" but a friend of mine lead me to this band called Dir En Grey, they are metal-esque so I thought I would introduce my post with something on-topic. As of late, my two favorite bands are Between the buried and Me and Mastodon. Although for those of you wanting a melodic technical jazzy brutal fest (yes all of those in one), please do me the honor of leading you to some bands that sound nothing like the previously mentioned. I bring you Enfold Darkness, Sons of Aurelius and Veil of Maya. I picked out my favorites from each band, please if you gave this thread the time of day these bands should deserve no less.
    Last edited by no_regretsYSL; July 08, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
    Often I find myself playing a little game called "What are the odds?"

Life long member of the "I hate smileys because all you do is look like a sarcastic !@#$%^&" group aka. "Words Are Stronger Than Punctuation"

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, no_regrets. Thanks a lot for posting here. Thats quite a few bands. Other than Mastodon I don't know any of them so I'll go through them all then post letting you know what I think asap

As for my own music right now I am in love with the new Heaven Shall Burn album Invictus (Iconoclast III). Its a freakin ridiculously heavy ban and in my opinion the best and most epic, spine shivering Scream/Growl ever! There is one song called Combat What makes this song sick is that it actually combines techno elements with it during the song and they actually replace the drums with a hard bass beat at parts while still maintaining the metal. The other song on the album, the one that I feel holds the most emotion and heart is Given In Death. What makes this song special is that they have a guest female single that combos up AMAZINGLY with the Screams and Growls and it really get a lot of spine shivers from it. Its such an amazing song and a wonderful mash up of vocals. The soft female voice along with the epicness of the Screams really moves me. I love this style so much that I looked up the female singer and I found out she is in her own band called Deadlock which I'm now getting into just because I love her vocals and that style of music. Check out the Deadlock myspace for yourselves .

So thats where I am at right now. Hope you guys like the Heaven Shall Burn songs and let me know what you think . To me they are both really unique and powerful songs and I hope to get a few of you guys into the band . I'm hoping for some good feedback!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really into Iron Maiden at the moment so I have them playing in my on-the-go playlist. With songs like; Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper,Rime of the Ancient Mariner , Aces High, and 2 Minutes to Midnight ().

sorry for not visiting in a while.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast