Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Haha, no problem! I welcome you back with open arms! As for Maiden I'm actually going to see them this monday at Madison Square Garden . Its gonna be epic! I love Fear of the Dark. I've been trying to get a full discography from them though in High Quality but have been failing miserably. I just wanted to have everything of theirs this way I'd be ready for the concert but it looks like thats not going to happen. Also Dream Theater is going to be opening for them. I don't love them but at least expect a good performance from them. Anywho I'll be sure to rub it in your face after I go Bot . Maybe I'll even have a video or two from it on my youtube page.

So what did you think of those other songs I posted by Heaven Shall Burn on the other page? Are they down your alley or are they too epic for you .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm listening to them as we speak. I'll tell you if they are too epic for me or not.

Wow, what a great band! And the song "Combat"! I looked up the lyrics and it is EPIC!!!

especially this verse:

"A life without a future, you will forget your wishes
    And nothing to embrace, but the rifle in your hands"

"Given In Death" Is an example of how two totally different voices can mesh well together.
    The Female's voice is really beautiful. Looking up her band now!!!
    Last edited by After_Image; July 10, 2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Maidens a lot but it took me some time to get into their music but now I can't get enough of them.

@After Image- Let's pray for Spain to win the World Cup tomorow xD

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@A_I - The female singer's name is Sabine Weniger and the band she does full time for is Deadlock. I posted the myspace so anyone could listen and get a feel for their style. They pretty much do the that song Given in Death does but all the time. They are a pretty good Melodic Death Metal band as well. They compliment well with the Heaven Shall Burn craze I've been on . Anywho I liked Deadlock so much I got their discography and I'm checking out their latest two albums right now getting a better feel for the band .

*Note to self: Still need to check out and comment on No_regret's songs he posted *

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Hi.

I'm not really a huge metal fan. I personally prefer alernative rock more tbh but I came across this awesome tune and I had to post it in this thread.

Other tunes I find interesting:

- Tyr - Tróndur í Gøtu
    - Tyr - Into The Storm
    - Chalice - Memorial Embers
    - Haggard - Heavenly Damnation
    - Summoning - Long Lost To Where No Pathway Goes
    - Haggard - Eppur Si Muove (Haggard are awesome!)

As you can see, I'm more of a Gothic/Symphonic-Metal fan. xD I really love the orchestration, harmonisations and also some of the vocal capabilities that some of these "singers" are able to achieve and perform so well. EPICA are quite epic actually. Are any of you guys, a fan of Drum & Bass by any chance? Nightwish still ownz imho.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting Jin! The first few songs you posted seem more like Folk (maybe Viking?) Metal. To me they reminded me of toned down versions of Eluveitie. This song is called "Inis Mona". This band is more like a Melodic Death/ Folk Metal band. Its a little heavier than the ones you posted but it takes the same basic theme and kicks it up a notch, let me know if you like it . It might be a little heavy to your liking but I'm trying to work with what your into and hoping that I can get you listening to some heavier stuff .

I'm not as big with the Gothic metal as I am with Melodic Death Metal but I do like Symphonic Metal. I enjoy Nightwish as well although I am not as into Epica.

Quote Originally Posted by no_regretsYSL View Post
    I'm not sure if I would dub it "asian metal" but a friend of mine lead me to this band called Dir En Grey, they are metal-esque so I thought I would introduce my post with something on-topic. As of late, my two favorite bands are Between the buried and Me and Mastodon. Although for those of you wanting a melodic technical jazzy brutal fest (yes all of those in one), please do me the honor of leading you to some bands that sound nothing like the previously mentioned. I bring you Enfold Darkness, Sons of Aurelius and Veil of Maya. I picked out my favorites from each band, please if you gave this thread the time of day these bands should deserve no less.
    Finally got to checking out all the music you posted no_regrets . Between the Buried and Me is pretty unique. I like the baroque feel I get when listening to the guitar in that song, I feel like I'm listening to classical music when I'm obviously not, lol. I like em and I'll keep them on my list for bands to look into more.

As for the other bands I like them musically, but the Screams and Growls are too rough and sporadic for my liking. I'm not really into the random and more chaotic and REALLY rough vocals. I'm really picky when it comes to my screams and some of the ones you posted are bordering on Hardcore sounding which I am not a fan of. That being said out of all those Veil of Maya was the one I was vocally able to bear the most and I could listen to it over again. If the vocals grow on me maybe I could get into those. Again thanks a lot for posting and I'm hoping to seeing you around here more often .
    Last edited by Arrogance; July 10, 2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite Summoning songs are these two:

The Loud Music Of The Sky

Like some Snow White Marble Eyes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member no_regretsYSL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post

Finally got to checking out all the music you posted no_regrets . Between the Buried and Me is pretty unique. I like the baroque feel I get when listening to the guitar in that song, I feel like I'm listening to classical music when I'm obviously not, lol. I like em and I'll keep them on my list for bands to look into more.

As for the other bands I like them musically, but the Screams and Growls are too rough and sporadic for my liking. I'm not really into the random and more chaotic and REALLY rough vocals. I'm really picky when it comes to my screams and some of the ones you posted are bordering on Hardcore sounding which I am not a fan of. That being said out of all those Veil of Maya was the one I was vocally able to bear the most and I could listen to it over again. If the vocals grow on me maybe I could get into those. Again thanks a lot for posting and I'm hoping to seeing you around here more often .
    Thanks for checking out my stash Arrogance. I like how you phrased your post, you weren't rejecting me just letting me know your personal preference, which is a form of disagreement I highly admire. With that said, I was just listening to that Heaven Shall Burn band. I was actually half way through Combat when I saw you had singled it out ha. I understand what you meant about the vocals so as a Metal Fan I appreciate your "pickyness" a.k.a. standards. But yea they were pretty good they kept a nice rhythm throughout the whole song, and I loved the techno incorporation as I was a Techno fan long before I really got into music in general. As a whole they kind of reminded me of a french-metal band called Gojira, they have pretty nice vocals as well and the singing when it comes definitely fits. I'll be back here for sure though, I love a good shout-out.
    Last edited by no_regretsYSL; July 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Often I find myself playing a little game called "What are the odds?"

Life long member of the "I hate smileys because all you do is look like a sarcastic !@#$%^&" group aka. "Words Are Stronger Than Punctuation"

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by no_regretsYSL View Post
    Thanks for checking out my stash Arrogance. I like how you phrased your post, you weren't rejecting me just letting me know your personal preference, which is a form of disagreement I highly admire. With that said, I was just listening to that Heaven Shall Burn band. I was actually half way through Combat when I saw you had singled it out ha. I understand what you meant about the vocals so as a Metal Fan I appreciate your "pickyness" a.k.a. standards. But yea they were pretty good they kept a nice rhythm throughout the whole song, and I loved the techno incorporation as I was a Techno fan long before I really got into music in general. As a whole they kind of reminded me of a french-metal band called Gojira, they have pretty nice vocals as well and the singing when it comes definitely fits. I'll be back here for sure though, I love a good shout-out.
    No problem. I understand that people have different tastes especially when it comes to metal. Metal it just too vast of a genre that is hast hundred's of sub-genres and many bands even fall into more than one of those sub genre's. I myself posted the new Limp Bizkit single the other day which is Rap Metal and I know that not every person here likes that either. Thorn even flat out said he didn't like it, lol. As for your techno comment, the reason why I like it is because I actually still listen to techno as well. I'm way more into metal but I love a good hard bass beat from time to time as well. In general I just love fast passed and epic music and I find both those traits in Metal and Techno. Thats why I personally get excited over mash ups of the two and Industrial Metal which incorporates many electronic beats into the songs as well (Static-X is AMAZING when it comes to that ).

Now Gojira is more to my liking. I'm going through a bunch of their songs on youtube and I'm liking it. I think they could grow on me with time. Just need to keep listening to them and try and get a feel for it. Thanks for the heads up with them .

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you guys like Techno you should listen to some John5 stuff sometimes his guitar playing reminds me a lot of tecnho stuff.

One of my friends doesn't like metal but he loves John5.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 words for you all...............
    Spoiler show

O man what an amazing concert. I ended up seeing them live last night with Dream Theater opening for them at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Sold out show and I was close to nose bleed seats but I still had a great view and the show was fantastic from anywhere in that arena.

First things first, Dream Theater was actually fantastic! I've heard them before and I actually have a few albums by them but I got sick of them after a while, but after hearing them live I really got some new found respect for them and I plan on trying to get back into them and more than before.

NOW ON TO THE MAIN EVENT! MAIDEN FREAKIN RULED!!!! Most extravagant stage I've seen to date. It was basically a giant playground. Bruce was running around the whole thing, jumping in the air, throwing his hands up, etc the whole time while maintaining great vocals. They played all the good stuff: Brave New World, Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark, The Number of the Beast, and even their new single El Dorado was quite enjoyable. I actually liked it better live.

To sum it all up I had a great f*cking night! And to top it off I have a treat for everyone!.......VIDEOS!!! Thats right I recorded a few songs from this fantastic sold out show! My camera was bugging out a bit for the first time ever because of the lighting and it was overheating too I believe but I still managed to get a few good videos. I hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you think! Stay Metal!

Here is my video of Blood Brothers which the band actually ended up dedicating to Ronnie James Dio, RIP. The video starts off with Bruce's dedication and his speech in which he credits Dio for the Devil Horns! \m/

Here's my video of everyone's favorite Brave New World!!!

Also If you liked my Maiden videos and are interested then you can check out my Youtube Channel for other videos I have recorded from previous concerts. Bands include Heaven and Hell, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, and more. Enjoy!

PS: MAKE SURE TO WATCH MY VIDEOS IN HIGH DEFINITION!!!!

17. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm a huge metal fan. *insert ascii*

My tastes are all over the place really. My all time favorites are hardly that well known, since melodic death isn't as popular as I once thought it was. Insomnium, Kalmah, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Amon Amarth and old Nightwish (weird company NW has there huh o_0). If you haven't listened to them already, doubt you would like them, but once you get into the whole vocal thing and learn to appreciate the epic, epic music, you're quickly on your way to a mind trip where you'd hang out with the old Vikings.

But, something I think people would appreciate much more, seeing as this is MH after all, maybe checking out Blood Stain Child (name doesn't really convey the right picture don't worry). It's a mix of techno and metal, and the band is Japanese. The lyrics are mostly English though. I recommend checking out the song Freedom, to see if you'd like the band. The last album was much more technoish, that can be good or bad, depending on the person.

Here's the link to the Freedom song.

Anyways, nice to see that there are plenty of metalheads here \m/_{0_o}
    Last edited by Xsoteria; July 20, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

my most listened song at moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpLPQD0cmo
    Dir En Grey- j metal/death metal/ prog/

im still buzzing off seening Rage agaisnt Machine, AC/DC, Aerosmith in 3 days amazing.

anyone listen to rolo tomassi or iwrestleabearonce some women screamos

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

gundam...lucky

AC/DC are great live. Saw them last year. Always wanted to see Rage. Aerosmith is meh, not good not bad imo. I like some songs quite a bit but I don't know if I do a whole set by them....

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see AC/DC and aerosmith. A few years ago AC/DC came to a festival here but I was too young to go alone since my dad wasn't avaiable to take me

New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast