Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

AC/DC well worth it ... in the crowd there was this couple who had a 5 year old wearing a AC/DC shirt he was going mental to it was cool to watch .

Rage was just insane they got cut off at start of second song coz people were getting crushed at the front i ended up getting this huge guy stomping on my ankle during Gorrila Radio.

Aerosmith was really really good was shocked they did a good set n didnt sing dude looks like a lady thankfully .

@ Xsoteria... iam not hooked to Blood Stain Child amazing

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there is no rock thread so I'll ask here.

Has anyone been to a Guns n' Roses concert in these last few years? How was it?
    Does axl still has his voice?

Guns n' roses is my favorite band but you see axl kind of looks like he lost his voice and he's old from the videos I've seen. So should I spend my money on it?

I went to see slash last month and it was amazing I wonder if Axl and the guys can top that.

Oh there's also Sebastian Bach with Guns n' roses I heard a few songs from him he's pretty good.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw AD/DC, sooooooooooo many parents brought their kids and bought them these flashing devil horns hats and it looked awesome on the kids lol

@BB, I haven't heard anything about GNR's recent performances. But imo, Axel has screwed that band over. Chinese Democracy was less than good. There was only one song I thought was good and I've forgotten it.... Get Back or something.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Well there is no rock thread so I'll ask here.

Has anyone been to a Guns n' Roses concert in these last few years? How was it?
    Does axl still has his voice?

Guns n' roses is my favorite band but you see axl kind of looks like he lost his voice and he's old from the videos I've seen. So should I spend my money on it?

I went to see slash last month and it was amazing I wonder if Axl and the guys can top that.

Oh there's also Sebastian Bach with Guns n' roses I heard a few songs from him he's pretty good.
    GNR is metal, lol. Just that some of their stuff borderlines hard rock as well. There are many other bands that bounce back and forth from hard rock to alternative metal these days as well so its pretty common to have borderline metal bands.

I saw GNR (the new one) back in 2006 I believe at Madison Square Garden. Opening bands were Sebastian Bach and Papa Roach. Axl's vocals were still pretty good although I had an angle seat and I was able to see back stage. A few times he would run back stage and take a wiff out of an oxygen tank because he seems to have lung problems from his "hardcore" early days. Although he was running out of breathe the built in spots for him to run back stage into the show lineup so it didn't ruin anything. Plus one song Sebastian even came back out and sang with him cause they're like best buds. Overall it was a very good show and the talent for his new band was pretty good.

Recently I heard from Eddy Trunk that he did an underground show in a department store in Manhattan. It was one of those things that was rumor based and a surprised so people just showed up and after about 500 people they closed the doors and they had a show in the store. From what I head Trunk said that it was a pretty solid show. Now that was about 3 months ago so what he's doing now I have no idea so take my information or leave it . haha.
    Last edited by Arrogance; July 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

GNR was pretty much a hard rock metal band for me. Very few of their songs could be categorized as heavy metal. The metal of 80-90s is as good as dead. The early work of Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Metal Church, Skid Row and so many others was what got me into metal. Today's sound is more fusion of different genres. Many of the upcoming bands try to experiment with the sound, in effort to create something new. I say, I am not a big fan of latest heavy metal. I do not listen to it anymore. Only Black and Doom metal interests me.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll give it a try I'm sure I'm still going to have a good time even if it isn't as good as expected. But I sure hope to see a good show.

Man when I see videos from the use you illusion tours I wish I was born earlier so I could see those shows. Axl was so awesome at that time. And also that Ritz concert in their early days

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Slash live his solo project where he did paradise city n Sweet Child of mine he has myles kenndey from Alter Bridge singing i prefer it to GNR....

and Slash has the BEST man boobs....they are amazing

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I only got to know Myles and Alter Brigde after I heard his songs on slash's CD I must say he's one of the best singers I've heard and he's great live. That is problably the closest thing to GN'R in their prime you can find nowadays. Myles can sing anything from GN'R to velvet revolver. It's a shame they didn't played tha song slash did with Lemmy from motorhead.

Oh man I sure remember those sweaty bobs during the concert :P joking joking
    Last edited by BBB Banana; July 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

at Download festival Lemmy came on stage on did that song

i never knew myles kennedy either but on of m8s was huge Alter Bridge fan and went nuts during starlight.

I never liked Velvet Revolver but i liked Slashes version with him.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Man you're damn lucky. I also saw Lemmy and Motorhead this year. But seeing Lemmy and Slash is bound to be epic.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SOOOOOO I just picked up Avenged Sevenfold's new album Nightmare and I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying it a bit more than their self titled thats for sure. If anything its a very emotional album (I don't know how much of it Rev's death added to the emotion because all the songs were written before he died but I don't know how many were already recorded. Either way this album displays a very dark and emotional side and for some reason I'm really enjoying it. Plus Shadows Growls again! Its one song but I'll take it . Its the track God Hates Us. The growl is different from his previous one but its still really good and refreshing to hear him do it well once again (even if it only really is just once ). If your an A7X I recommend that you pick up the album. If your an older fan but didn't like that last album as much, this one takes a step back to City of Evil. As a whole its not as heavy but I think those that are on the line after the last album "should" like this one a bit better.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah had a listen at the store and I definetly need to get that album ^-^

At first I didn't liked avegend sevenfold because M. Shadows reminded of Cristiano Ronaldo (the soccer player) and that gave me the creeps. But when I decided to put his looks aside I started enjoying their music very much xD

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i prefered last A7X album ..m.shadows voice irritated me on songs like Bat Country..need give it a listen tho it might not irriate me now

too busy going old skool with Deftones and ADTR There name was treason album..pop metalcore for the win

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    Thanks for posting Jin! The first few songs you posted seem more like Folk (maybe Viking?) Metal. To me they reminded me of toned down versions of Eluveitie. This song is called "Inis Mona". This band is more like a Melodic Death/ Folk Metal band. Its a little heavier than the ones you posted but it takes the same basic theme and kicks it up a notch, let me know if you like it . It might be a little heavy to your liking but I'm trying to work with what your into and hoping that I can get you listening to some heavier stuff .

I'm not as big with the Gothic metal as I am with Melodic Death Metal but I do like Symphonic Metal. I enjoy Nightwish as well although I am not as into Epica.
    I don't know much about the variety of sub-genres of Metal but the bands and songs I linked in my previous post all incoporate some kind of symphonic orchestration, sounds and structure into their tracks. Some may sway more into folk or viking, so yeah. I'm really not a fan of that heavy metal stuff lol but you can always try and link me to some tunes; I'm open to anything and I'll give it a listen. That Inis Mona track was cool, I didn't really like the vocals much though.

Nightwish are awesome. I'll try and post more in this thread when I come across some cool tunes or whatnot. Have fun everyone!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you kind of like viking-ish vocals try listening to this you might like it Bugs ^-^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKb-jlUiMs

there used to be a video for this song but the vevo acount disapeared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJRf0pUfOo

maybe you'll like a calmer song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsndG__EIVU

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast