Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

True what youre saying about Linkin Park, but I actually enjoy only the old songs from the Hybrid Theory LP, like In The End or Papercut.. Also the colabo with Jay-Z was rly good stuff

As for Rammstein: I actually believe the words are quite easy to understand even for not-German speaking people. I remember when I was in Russia some years ago my Russian cousin sang Du Hast to me
    And waddu you think, Im learning English by listening to English song myself .. music connects

Ooohw! Almost for got to mention the band Flyleaf.. I love a few songs of em but dont have a LP yet.. does anyone know that band and some of the albums?
    Last edited by Evil3ye; September 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@M Flyleaf Is a good band some of there songs I have are "I'm So Sick" , "All Around Me", and "Fully Alive". "I'm So Sick" being my favorite from them. How about you? What songs do you like?

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    O and I LOVE NIGHTWISH . I actually like the newer stuff a little better....is it that your not a fan of the new singer?
    I don't like her...too bad I never got to see a concert with NW + Tarja, I only went to one, with the new girl. I got to see Tarja solo though, she's amazing.

I liked their first 3 albuns. Then NW started to get too pretentious, less metal and more "movie soundtrack"-like. After that, Tarja left and things got even worse...now it's just like a random melodic metal band a la Epica or Within Temptation. :/

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Epica's pretty damn good. It's closer to old Nightwish than the new stuff (for starters, it has an orchestral singer.) I also liked Within Temptation. I prefer metal with clean vocals.

I'm into more symphonic and power metal. I like Kamelot, Nightwish, Epica, Sirenia, and some Dimmu Borgir.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Hey, Epica's pretty damn good. It's closer to old Nightwish than the new stuff (for starters, it has an orchestral singer.) I also liked Within Temptation. I prefer metal with clean vocals.

I'm into more symphonic and power metal. I like Kamelot, Nightwish, Epica, Sirenia, and some Dimmu Borgir.
    Kamelot is sweet they are probably my favorite Power Metal band. That was the basis for me to move on to Melodic Death Metal. Once I got into the whole screaming and growling thing I was immediately attached to Melodic Death Metal because it incorporates some of that epic feel you get from power metal that I've always loves. Stuff I like that is Melodic Death Metal is Mors Principium Est, Dethklok, etc. I just love metal bands in general that incorporate those orchestral influences into their music.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is epica even metal? Its really similar to evanesence or vice-versa. I tend to steer clear of metal except the melodic stuff. Bands like In Flames, Insomnium and Dark Tranquility are awesome

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    is epica even metal? Its really similar to evanesence or vice-versa. I tend to steer clear of metal except the melodic stuff. Bands like In Flames, Insomnium and Dark Tranquility are awesome
    I don't know Epica but I did a quick google and they come up a Symponic Metal so they fit then . As for In Flames I really like them, I got into them after playing their song "Take This Life" on Guitar Hero 3 as a bonus song. I really liked them so I went and got their discography. My only problem is that their old stuff is pretty bad in comparison to the newer. The album Reroute to Remain and the 3 other albums that came after that are their best stuff IMO. Everything else sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me, lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Epica but I did a quick google and they come up a Symponic Metal so they fit then . As for In Flames I really like them, I got into them after playing their song "Take This Life" on Guitar Hero 3 as a bonus song. I really liked them so I went and got their discography. My only problem is that their old stuff is pretty bad in comparison to the newer. The album Reroute to Remain and the 3 other albums that came after that are their best stuff IMO. Everything else sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me, lol.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

did you just say that their new stuff is better than their old stuff?????

NO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

did you just say that their new stuff is better than their old stuff?????

NO

mhm, yes I did. I've tried listening to their old stuff and I just don't like it. Its too chaotic, I don't like the vocals. Their newer stuff has better vocals more organized and more melodic and I just find that I actually enjoy listening to it over Lunar Strain and Whoracle. I think their most recent album wasn't as heavy as their older stuff but I still enjoy listening to it a lot. I guess Soundtrack To Your Escape was like an in between album. It was very heavy and yet I enjoyed listening to the vocals. I didn't find Reroute To Remain as heavy as Soundtrack but it was a very technical album, I liked how they incorporated some techno/electronic influences into songs like Cloud Connected. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion but this is mine, lol. I just don't enjoy the older stuff.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

mhm, yes I did. I've tried listening to their old stuff and I just don't like it. Its too chaotic, I don't like the vocals. Their newer stuff has better vocals more organized and more melodic and I just find that I actually enjoy listening to it over Lunar Strain and Whoracle. I think their most recent album wasn't as heavy as their older stuff but I still enjoy listening to it a lot. I guess Soundtrack To Your Escape was like an in between album. It was very heavy and yet I enjoyed listening to the vocals. I didn't find Reroute To Remain as heavy as Soundtrack but it was a very technical album, I liked how they incorporated some techno/electronic influences into songs like Cloud Connected. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion but this is mine, lol. I just don't enjoy the older stuff.
    yeah I know alot of people who prefer the new stuff. My fav song from the recent albums is probably Eraser. Their best album is the Jester's Race or something like that. Moonshield is their best song. IMO of course

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dilandau's Avatar
    Country
    Northern Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I love metal! It's easily my favourite genre of music. Melodic Death metal would have to be my favourite sub-genre, it's just so....... melodic. The old In Flames (since their new stuff is pretty low quality in my opinion), Dark Tranquility and At the Gates are some of my favs. As for newer bands, I'd have to recommend Insomnium. Their songs have amazing riffs and great acoustic pieces to boot. Somehow I manage to find their songs to be quite peaceful. Try them!
    "Friendship is just like pissing yourself. Everyone can see it but only you get that warm feeling it brings"

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Thanks for posting. Although I don't agree with your In Flames comment (you and crimson would get along ) I am gonna look into Insomnium as you recommended . So far so good . Just surfing youtube trying to hear some of their stuff. Listening to the song "Mortal Share" right now. Are their any songs in particular you'd recommend.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If I mix AF, Epica, WT and all the girly-operatic stuff, I really can't tell which band it is...they all sound the same ;p They just drank from NW's original formula, but at least NW had personality. But I do love Floor Jansen's voice...

For me, good bands with girl vocals are Theatre of Tragedy, The Gathering, the old NW I talked about, Ayreon (mixed), Leaves Eyes..
    Last edited by Agrias; September 21, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I somehow just kind of felt like I had to take a peak in this thread, because I thought I felt the presence of some GÖTEBORGSDÖDS MOTHERF****R!

In Flames, At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, The Haunted.. all I can say is !

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dilandau's Avatar
    Country
    Northern Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

^Thanks for posting. Although I don't agree with your In Flames comment (you and crimson would get along ) I am gonna look into Insomnium as you recommended . So far so good . Just surfing youtube trying to hear some of their stuff. Listening to the song "Mortal Share" right now. Are their any songs in particular you'd recommend.
    Yeah I know their are quite alot of fans of their new stuff.

I really like all of their songs though a few that stick in my mind as being a notch above the rest are: Change of Heart, The Day Death Walked the Earth and Since the Day It All Came Down (might have misplaced a few words in that last one), but I'm glad you checked them out. They're a really underrated band unforuntately
    "Friendship is just like pissing yourself. Everyone can see it but only you get that warm feeling it brings"

New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast