Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: \m/ THE METAL THREAD!!! \m/

The only Dream Theater album that I got into was Images and Words. Good one though.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a huge fan of Rammstein. They're actually one of my main motivations in learning German . Their songs are awesome, the guys seem like awesome dudes (I'd love to hangout with them), and their concerts look epic!! My favourite album of theirs is Mutter which fans seem to agree is their best album. After Mutter I'd say Reise Reise is the best, then Sehnsucht, Herzeleid, Liebe ist für alle da, and finally Rosenrot (pretty meh except for four cool songs). It's funny how last year I went from someone who happened to like a few of their songs to a huge fan. They released a "best of" album in December along with a new single which was pretty awesome and had a hilarious video (even though I dislike the director's other videos for the band).

It was hard choosing a favourite song but I think this is probably it:

Pure awesomeness...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner In Flames's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I came across this thread from Arrogance's signature.

I'll just list a few of my favorite bands here, opinions are of course in bound.

In Flames is of course an all time favorite. While I love nearly all of their material except maybe a couple songs. I do prefer their earlier work compared to more recent albums. Back in January on the 15th I went to an In Flames show, Trivium was also an opener for them. That night was easily one of the best experiences I've had. I did also write a small bit about the concert then if anyone's interested, I can post that up as well.

Trivium is also a great favorite of mine. Trivium along with In Flames were the two bands who's songs inspired me to learn the guitar. I'm not really sure what it was about them but I just feel/felt compelled to learn their music.

Symphony X is actually a band I've only recently started listening to thanks to a friend. Some amazing vocals, song progressions and crazy guitar work.

Kamelot is also another band I've gotten into not long ago, but have quickly become among my favorites.

Dream Theater is simply one of the best progressive metal bands out their to date. Although with the departure of their previous drummer Mike Portnoy, I don't think the band is quite the same.

Hopefully this post isn't too much of a mess.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Nah, don't think Children of Bodom is black, let alone symphonic or melodic. Dimmu Borgir is really great though, a decent melodic black metal. What about melodeath? Fond of Scar Symmetry and Dark Tranquility. And then there's the gods of prog, Dream Theater.
    Haha, Dimmu Borgir brings back memories I used to listen to their "Enthrone darkness triumphant" album all the time..

Do you listen to other black metal bands??

Even though I don't listen to it anymore, I still remember the intro or first number (called "the oath") on the Emperor album "Anthems to the welkin at dusk" and Burzum's "Dunkelheit" from the "Filosefem" album being some of the favorites at that time

And even though I don't listen to metal much anymore, I still love Pantera's "Great southern trendkill" album and R.A.T.M.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Totilas View Post
    And even though I don't listen to metal much anymore, I still love Pantera's "Great southern trendkill" album and R.A.T.M.
    You have a good taste . Pantera's Flood is always in my iPod, same with all R.A.T.M albums.
    ------

Recently I just discovered Opeth, they have some great yet unique style.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    You have a good taste . Pantera's Flood is always in my iPod, same with all R.A.T.M albums.
    ------

Floods is just .. The last part is just such a beautiful piece of music! Absolutely love that number

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just when Nightwish recovered from the whole Tarja fiasco seven years ago, they are left without a singer again. I got to know the band when Anette was already introduced so it was quite a surprise to see her leave the band: Imaginaerium was just released a few months ago, their tour is still going on and the film is going to come out soon. However, I can understand why she might have left since it seems as if the long tours have affected her personal life and health. She has two young sons so it must be hard for her to be away from them for such long periods of time, and their father is also a musician so he can't really be a stay-at-home dad as well. Nevertheless thank goodness the situation unfolded without any sort of drama (or so it seems).

From reading comments about how Floor Jansen likes to give input in the song making process, I don't think she will officially join the band since Tuomas is pretty adamant on what he wants. At this point I think it would be best if Nightiwish only had sessional vocalists like what Ayreon has done. For example in a single album, there can be operatic vocals alongside a non-classic one. I don't know which musical direction the group wants to go in the future so it all depends on what they envision.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

enjoy~

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Epica. I love Simone Simons' voice, and the contrast with Mark Jansen is surprisingly harmonic. My favourite album is A Divince Conspiracy since every song is dynamic and powerful. Recently I've been having this song on repeat:

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thorns of the carrion is my all time favorite band. I was disappointed when the broke up the band. They were simply majestic and I have never grown bored or tired of them, even listening them for over a decade now. Here are some of the songs I love:

The Story of the Leaves - my all time favorite song and I uploaded to Youtube

To Covet the Dancing Wind - has to be my second favorite song. The poetry is amazing.

Naomi's Waters - another masterpiece...

Song for Lucretia - you will know when you listen it...

Carmilla - once again, an amazing collection of music and poetry

Eve of the Emerald Sun - you have to listen to the musical prowess of TOTC

Beautiful Thorns To Caress The Girl - a love ballad...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Hanneman, guitarist and founding member of Slayer, passed away.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to metal i can always recommend Red Fang. Those guys are just awesome!

Plus, if you're really looking for something new, try Stonehelm! They only made one album and then had to got to work again. But they're pretty good. Also thumbs up for Arnie. :P

If you never listened to Clutch or Tool this maybe something you should try. My favourite bands by far, even if they're not exactly metal.

But wait, there's more: Austrian Death Machine, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, CKY, Five Finger Deathpunch, Fu Manchu, Eläkeläiset
    I don't know how popular those guys are in your individual countries, but they all are worth a shot if you ask me. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast