Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gantz tiers?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eksh's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz tiers?

I guess everyone here knows about tiers.. Seen it on tons of games/series. I think Gantz can get a list too, would be happy to hear your thoughts about it!

Alien/Vampire Tiers

OverPowered Tier

Nuri Final Boss

Top Tier

Nuri Minibosses
    Host Samurai
    Nuri demons [Those who fought HS and KillBill]
    Oni Final Boss
    David Statue
    Kapa Final Boss

Mid-Top Tier

Italy mission aliens
    T-Rex
    Terycertopes [Probably wrote the name wrong, Kapa mission]
    Kill Bill
    1,000 Hands Statue
    Nuri Big Aliens
    Oni

Mid Tier

Kapa Alien [Buffed]
    Buddha Statue
    Chibi Alien
    Tanaka Final Boss

Mid-Low Tier

Grumpy Alien/His partner
    Tanaka Alien
    Onion Dad
    Temple Arc Statues
    Small Dinosaurs

Low Tier

Small Nuri Aliens
    Onion Kid

Tokyo Team [Equipped]

Top Tier

Izumi
    Kei
    Sakata
    Sakurai
    Kaze

Top-Mid Tier

Katou
    Nishi [B-Guns]
    Suzuki

Mid Tier

Inaba
    Nishi
    Reika
    Lara Croft
    Kishimoto
    That Japanese Model Gantz used to call "Homo" [Forgot the name]
    Stalker

Low Tier

Takeshi
    Panda
    Butter Dog

Tokyo Team [No Equip]

Top Tier

Sakata
    Sakurai
    Kaze
    Izumi
    Martial Artist [Fought bare hands vs a few statues, gotta give him credit..]

Top-Mid Tier

Katou

Mid Tier

Inaba
    Suzuki
    Kei
    Nishi
    Japanese Idol
    Lara Croft [Knew some martial arts]
    Reika
    Kishimoto
    Stalker

Shit Tier

Takeshi
    Panda
    Butter Dog

Feel free to correct me/state your opinions, etc
    Last edited by Eksh; September 20, 2009 at 09:50 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz tiers?

OverPowered Tier

Nuri Final Boss
    David Statue w/ Italy mission aliens

Top Tier

Oni Final Boss
    1,000 Hands Statue
    Nuri Minibosses
    Kappa Final Boss
    Chibi Alien survivor

Mid Tier

Oni minibosses
    Tanaka Final Boss
    T-Rex
    Terycertopes
    Chibi brigade
    Kapa Alien [Buffed]

Mid-Low Tier

Grumpy Aliens
    Onion Dad
    Small Dinosaurs
    Temple Arc Statues
    Small Nuri Aliens
    Tanaka Alien

Low Tier

Onion Kid

Host Samurai
    Kei
    Katou
    Izumi
    Kaze

Mid Tier

Nishi
    Sakata
    Reika
    Lara Croft
    Martial Artist
    Panda
    Sakurai
    Kill Bill

Lower Tier

Takeshi
    Suzuki
    Inaba
    Homo
    Kishimoto
    Stalker
    Butter Dog

roughly in this order

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice idea, but why is Sakurai in the top-tier and Katou in the Top-Mid?
    Sakurai got really weak since his master died and didn't use his powers since a long time! He should be in the Mid.
    Katou took out a 100 Pointer, the Kannon and other really strong Aliens(very often Suit-less) and he is just in the Mid-top-tier?

More corrections: I think Nishi should be top too, he is probably the only Gantzer that uses his brain. Kurono always Top(I'm thinking on the pre-Nuri-Kurono). Inaba and Kishimoto belongs in the Low-tier, Takeshi should be much higher up(he killed more Aliens than Titz). I think there should be more changes but I want to see what other people think!

Aaaaaaahhhh!!! Cassaruby you are faster!
    Last edited by A_N_G_E_L; September 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I'm too sloooooow...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eksh's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Placed Sakurai on top because he can pretty much kill a man without using force [His psychic power is enough]

Hmm, Katou did take the 100 pointer, but he didn't do it by himself

Good corrections though, guess I'll do as you say and wait for other opinions as well

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The David statue was no where near overpowered tier cassaruby, he was noob sauce, I'd rate him slightly above the giant Buddha statue, also I'd put the sniper from the Buddha mission in the mid tier, he was pretty good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Top tier:
    Freshy Fresh

Shit tier:
    Host Samurai
    Kei
    Katou
    Izumi
    Kaze
    Nishi
    Sakata
    Reika
    Lara Croft
    Martial Artist
    Panda
    Sakurai
    Kill Bill
    Takeshi
    Suzuki
    Inaba
    Homo
    Kishimoto
    Stalker
    Butter Dog

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    ...also I'd put the sniper from the Buddha mission in the mid tier, he was pretty good.
    Especially since all that we saw him do was without the suit. Imagine if he put it on? I really hope someone revives him one day; but it's unlikely since 99% of the players in that mission died and the ones that are back are very unlikely to remember him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member georgemarvin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reika and Nishi are always underestimated, and Kaze is overestimated. Kaze doesn't use his weapons or his brain. He's basically glorified cannon fodder. On the other hand, Nishi's tactics are designed for maximum carnage and minimum risk. Reika has shown both brains and courage, but she doesn't get much credit for them. Sakurai has been completely useless without Sakata. I would put the order something like this:

Monsters:
    Ultra-over-powered:
    Nuri
    Sebastian
    1000 arms

Mid-level:
    Nuri Sub-bosses
    Dino boss
    T-Rex
    Lightning elemental
    Fire elemental
    Shapeshifter (Water elemental???)
    Earth elemental

Low-Level:
    Onions
    Tanakas
    Chibis
    Horsemen
    Vampires

Gantz Team:

Top Tier:
    Kei
    Katou
    Izumi
    Host Samurai
    Oka

2nd tier:
    Reika
    Nishi
    Kaze
    Sakata
    Sei (Lara Croft lookalike)
    Kuwabara (the alien rapist; gotta admit it took guts to climb a 50-foot-tall mountain of women like that)

3rd tier:
    Sniper
    Biker thug (forgot his name)
    Old Man
    George and Knob-Yan

Crappy beyond belief tier, in order of uselessness:
    Anzu (I really liked her character, but let's admit it, she didn't have a lot of brains or skills)
    Kill Bill (A real burden for HS to have to drag around all through the Nuri mission)
    Kishimoto (Goes without any explanation)
    Sakurai (totally worthless without Sakata)
    Homo
    Homo's Stalker
    Panda
    Takeshi
    biker thugs
    Butter Dog
    Inaba (even more useless than Butter Dog)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    I disagree georgemarvin!
    Oka and Host Samurai and should be top tier and everyone else bumped a tier below. I'd like to say that Nishi is up there with Kei and Katou, but we really haven't seen it. I'm hoping Nishi will adapt to the invisibility-detecting aliens for once, instead of being torn apart with ease when he gets discovered. It's hard to judge his real skills when the only things he's fought are Tanaka, which caught him off guard (plus while his suit was damaged), and Nuri, potentially the most dangerous enemy ever encountered.

I also would have put the sexaholic and george into the same tier as Kei/Katou, but that's just me. They looked very skilled from what I saw.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I also gotta disagree, George, but with a different thing: Knob and George should be in the same tier as Reika and Nishi. I know that they work alone and that's the main cause of their deaths (or death, since we're not sure if Knob actually did die...), but they did clear 100 pts 3 times and 4 times respectively, as opposed to Reika with 2 clears and Nishi with x clears (seems like it's only 1).

Yes, I agree that
    Quote Quote:
    Reika and Nishi are always underestimated
    but surely they're not an entire tier in front of Knob and George?!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its been stated that the Oni is more powerful than 1000 Arms.

I would say Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses are on even playing grounds.

Host Samurai >>>1000 Arms

Host Samurai = Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    Its been stated that the Oni is more powerful than 1000 Arms.

I would say Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses are on even playing grounds.

Host Samurai >>>1000 Arms

Host Samurai = Oni and Nuri Mini Bosses.
    Stated where? 1,000 arms was way deadlier than Oni because it had several attacks that could kill you instantly regardless of the suit (laser, acid, swords). To top it off it could regenerate itself. The Oni alien was tough, but it lacked any regenerative abilities or suit penetrating abilities. Kei was able to tank quite a few hits from Oni before his suit was destroyed. Luckily by the time that happened the Oni alien himself was pretty worn down himself.

Host Samurai alone would get RAPED by the 1,000 arms statue, unless he's got like an H-gun or something. Getting close to the 1K arms with a katana = suicide because it will either throw acid at you or slice you with it's own sword. It could possibly even use the laser, which would be very difficult to dodge at that range.

The best way to deal with that alien would be either the Y-gun like kato used, or possibly the H-gun (spamming it the way Kato did against Nuri).

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was written at the beginning of the chapter 206:

Anihilation, surprise and retribution...the strongest alien in Gantz history starts to move...!

This appeared when the Oni Alien Boss was about to fight. I think Oku created the Oni Alien to be the biggest threat in the manga until that mission, even more dangerous than the Kannon of 1000 arms.

I do agree on what you say about Hikawa, he wouldn't stand a chance against the kannon with only his vampire weapons, but with a H Gun it would be easy to bring down the statue, the vampire is very fast and agile.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Top tier:
    Freshy Fresh
    Not even the anomaly can surpass Freshy fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Stated where? 1,000 arms was way deadlier than Oni because it had several attacks that could kill you instantly regardless of the suit (laser, acid, swords). To top it off it could regenerate itself. The Oni alien was tough, but it lacked any regenerative abilities or suit penetrating abilities. Kei was able to tank quite a few hits from Oni before his suit was destroyed. Luckily by the time that happened the Oni alien himself was pretty worn down himself.

Host Samurai alone would get RAPED by the 1,000 arms statue, unless he's got like an H-gun or something. Getting close to the 1K arms with a katana = suicide because it will either throw acid at you or slice you with it's own sword. It could possibly even use the laser, which would be very difficult to dodge at that range.

The best way to deal with that alien would be either the Y-gun like kato used, or possibly the H-gun (spamming it the way Kato did against Nuri).
    You should probably keep in mind that the thing that raped Katou's chest with its tail is the actual alien (with slight facial modifications). Everything else counts as gadgets. Thousand arms was completely reliant upon his gadgets when purging the Tokyo team. He wasn't much of a threat without them. As an alien, he was mediocre at best (hell, he couldn't even knock out a nigh powerless Katou before the latter delivered a killing blow). While inhabiting the statue, thousand arms was a problem, but certainly manageable for anyone who is capable of analyzing one's environment and opponents (a little common sense would result in one's determining which gadgets, acid, laser, and regeneration devices, needed to be eliminated). In my mind, oni's vs. thousand arms' statuses as biological entities is ultimately the context for the line Gat cites. If the oni boss were to be given the same advantage, in regards to gadgets, that thousand arms had, you would be saying that the oni boss surpassed Nura. However, gadgets are only useful until someone figures out 1) that you are dependent upon said gadgets and 2) how to disable said gadgets. Look at how quickly Nishi was eliminated after the cloaking device failed or how quickly hunters are killed after their suits lose their juices. One of the most dangerous aspects of the onis and vamps was that they had figured out how to neutralize/exploit the equipment (using the radar against the hunters to set up traps, contact lenses for cloaking, and disabling the suits) the hunters were dependent upon.

You also need to remember that HS doesn't go rushing into seemingly hopeless fights. The cat chooses the most opportune moment to strike and the method the situation calls for. HS never would have given thousand arms the opportunities the latter had against the Tokyo team (i.e. Kurono's bum rush). Hell, HS didn't even get involved in the Nura fight until it was absolutely necessary. Meanwhile, he proved that he can easily dodge laser beams and swords during the Osaka mission. Besides, he wouldn't necessarily start a fight with thousand arms by engaging in close combat. The cat can extract a gun from his hand. Just as easily as the Tokyo team met misfortune, HS could shoot the basin of acid with his gun, causing the acid to splash all over thousand arms' precious gadgets. Add in a few slashes here and a few thrusts there. Oh look, fight's over because HS has more common sense than the Tokyo team.

HS has proven himself against more capable opponents than thousand arms, who ultimately failed to defeat a group of amateurs, has and because of that, HS easily ranks higher in my book.

At the same time, I agree that HS should be ranked lower than the oni boss. The former was deferential to the latter during the oni mission. Of course, whenever HS starts using gantz guns, all bets are off (I really hope he took his suit when no one was looking...*pictures HS in a hunting suit* bwa ha ha ha ha).
    Last edited by kaliayev; October 24, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

makes me hope HS turns into an enemy again or dies like a chump (like Izumi did).

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast