Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kei Kishimoto should...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kei Kishimoto should...

come back!

Alright Tae or Reika could die and then one of the Kurono's would get jealous and miserable. Then Katou could walk by him dating the real Kishimoto and the miserable Kurono would revert back to a jerk and Gantz could end with Kurono trying to get into her pants! yeah!

I dunno why people say she's useless and annoying. But I think she was a sterotype of women, also with a perfect and innocent body. She represented a girl who needed to be protected by a man (i couldn't imagine my girl fighting very hardcore). This made her a believable character, and she was replaced by unbelievable characters.

If Buddha and Katou would have shown mercy, she could have developed into a professional. Ironic she died for the lady killer Katou. Now she's just a girl again. If gantz ended with just Kei, Katou, and Kishimoto, would be awesome.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kei Kishimoto should...

The only reason why Kishimoto should come back is because she is a character of the classic Gantz-team.
    Gantz needs a female character that kicks ass, it is boring that the most girls there have large boobs and no brain.

She doesn't look innocent at all, she more looks like a girl that hypnotizes guys(with her big boobs) for her own benefit.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

She did have some interesting ideas on what it means to be a house-pet though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BrazilianGantzer's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with ANGEL there. During her (relatively) short time in the Gantz series she did notice Kei's affection for her and used him for her own benefit. She moved in to his appartment, she act like she was going to save Katou whilst she new that (reluctantly but to gain her attention) Kei was just gonna jump into the fray to save Katou in (again) the hopes of impressing her.
    She was not a good adittion to the team. She did not really care about "let's-all-get-home-alive" or getting out of the room. Her only real purpose was to impress Katou and get into his pants. I think it's more than clear that she was going to do whatever it took to do so.

And who can blame all those rape attempts? She really was provoking all the perverts in the room.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She was innocent and had a babyface to compliment it. When Kurono tried to force her to be his girlfriend she gave him a chance but he was repulsive to her. Kurono wanted to rape her and she thought of the man she really wanted... Katou. So fuck Kurono he deserved the rejection. Now the tragedy is Katou didn't feel the same for her, at least it hadn't developed.

She wasn't contributing to the team, because she was forced there (like everyone else) and was just a girl at the time. If she didn't reject Kurono and Katou reject her, and Buddha owned em all, then she could have either became useful or died for forever being useless. It wouldn't be far fetched that she could have had Katou's back and contributed if given the chance... which she did, but died.

I'm not so sure she wanted to get in Katou's pants, not her style.. she respected him and wanted to go with a good guy.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    She was innocent and had a babyface to compliment it. When Kurono tried to force her to be his girlfriend she gave him a chance but he was repulsive to her. Kurono wanted to rape her and she thought of the man she really wanted... Katou. So fuck Kurono he deserved the rejection. Now the tragedy is Katou didn't feel the same for her, at least it hadn't developed.

She wasn't contributing to the team, because she was forced there (like everyone else) and was just a girl at the time. If she didn't reject Kurono and Katou reject her, and Buddha owned em all, then she could have either became useful or died for forever being useless. It wouldn't be far fetched that she could have had Katou's back and contributed if given the chance... which she did, but died.

I'm not so sure she wanted to get in Katou's pants, not her style.. she respected him and wanted to go with a good guy.
    I kind of agree with you but not about the Kurono wanting to rape her. She did say that he could have sex with her but she probably wouldn't have enjoyed it, she then stopped him when he was about to start.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    This made her a believable character, and she was replaced by unbelievable characters.
    What makes Tae-chan an unbelievable character?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    What makes Tae-chan an unbelievable character?
    nothin' she's good, but not enough.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto knew that Kurono is attracted to her even before she moved in. She could have stayed at a friends place. And I found it really mean when she asked in front of Kurono that Katou lives alone.

The most people don't want to be in Gantz but sooner or later everyone does something useful, even Katou - he is probably the one that hates it the most! But there are exceptions; look at Kishimoto and Inaba!XD

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    Kishimoto knew that Kurono is attracted to her even before she moved in.
    That would be too suspicious with the original kishimoto around, even dangerous if she didn't want to raise any questions.

Quote Quote:
    He is probably the one that hates it the most! But there are exceptions; look at Kishimoto and Inaba!XD
    Inaba at the end fought pretty well.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I know this thread is about Kishimoto so I won't go into much depth about Inaba: I do think that he played a good role in the story. He served as someone who admired Kurono (even if he didn't realize it) but couldn't live up to him. I thought he went out very well in the story and it fit very well. He died fighting well and managed to be like Kurono, so to speak.

Back to Kishimoto: I think everyone in the room at the time Kishimoto was there was aware that Kurono liked her! After all, Gantz commented on the fact that Kurono got "too many bonerz" from looking at "Titz". She used Kurono for her own purposes; she knew he would never refuse her at his house. She asks Katou if he is living alone, demonstrating even further her desire to get away from Kurono ASAP and going with Katou.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    That would be too suspicious with the original kishimoto around, even dangerous if she didn't want to raise any questions.

In the Manga, after Kishimoto run away from Kurono didn't she stayed at a friends place? She wore a Pajama when Gantz teleported her in the room.

It took really long for Inaba till he did something and when he fought he died! But you are right, at least he fought and at least he didn't made one Team member hating another.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

But you are right, at least he fought and at least he didn't made one Team member hating another.
    And it can be argued that he avenged the Old Man!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

In the Manga, after Kishimoto run away from Kurono didn't she stayed at a friends place? She wore a Pajama when Gantz teleported her in the room.
    You got me there, according to the manual she did went to the house of a friend from primary school.

Maybe she thought it wasn't that dangerous, after 2 missions the shock can dissapear a little...but i don't think she went to kurono's house first to hurt his feelings.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    ...but i don't think she went to kurono's house first to hurt his feelings.
    It does raise the question, doesn't it? Why the hell would she go to Kurono's house in the first place, if she had a friend to go to? And how would she explain anything without her head going boom?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast