Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 21 of 170 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    ^
    ^ I do see both of your points, thanks. Now my only problem is that won't killing all of those non-important prisoners in level 6 a better choice then life sentence? Don't tell me they're over confident about their security in prison ~_~
    Even in the real world, the Death sentence is the ultimate resort for psychopaths who have no cure, and Crimes that can result in a death penalty are known as capital crimes or capital offenses, So I guess Croco should be executed, but instead of executing him they decide to torture him, and since the World Government seems don't understand that "Kids don't carry on the sins of their parents" they decided to execute Ace to stop Roger's blood from running.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Ace himself is a pirate too and a commander of one of WB's divisions, so it's not all about that concpet you mentioned why he is about to be executed.

Also since it's the prisonders on level 6 you were wondering about, I think that at least some of them have devilfruits. now we don't know how it exactly works yet, but it's heavily hinted that they regrow after the death of the user, so would they kill them, they'd set those powers free again, which only seems to be worth it in a situation like this with Ace where they can get rid of many, many pirates.

that and that they are quite sadistic torturing those bound to die anyway (do they even interrogate the pirates?)... or it's just a really prolonged execution going on like in a gigantic death machine <.<

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think about the place where the devilfruits grow? Will the strawhats reach that place? Will they be eating something there? How many fruits are in there? Are they all in one place? Where to people find them anyway, it seems to me that people find them everywhere on the grand line.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Devil fruits are scattered all over the world (well within the GL at least) and not nesting in one particular place??? If I've missed something someone tell me please lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member camil222's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JinbeiDMaster View Post
    I thought Devil fruits are scattered all over the world (well within the GL at least) and not nesting in one particular place??? If I've missed something someone tell me please lol
    Ya dont worry about it, youre right, the other guy isnt. devil fruits are scattered all over the world, but it never said anything about bein on the grand line.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    Up till now i still don't see the need of the upper levels of Impel Down, cant the WG just execute all of its non-important(political) prisoners?
    TWO things, Rehabilitation and/or Good Behavior
    I think they actually keep them alive since they don't know when or if they will become useful. They wouldn't let them out, however they might need to torture information out of them from time to time.

If you remember, they wanted to get Robin and Frankie to Impel Down so they could start torturing their info out of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There are different sentence levels. Pirates with bounties on their head are sentenced to past of their life or death sentence. Although executions are not always immediate, they are tortured before as prisons that spend their days in prison are.

The torture is just a way to say "if you are a criminal, watch what will happen to you".
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I think they actually keep them alive since they don't know when or if they will become useful. They wouldn't let them out, however they might need to torture information out of them from time to time.

If you remember, they wanted to get Robin and Frankie to Impel Down so they could start torturing their info out of them.
    yep, but this doesn't include all the prisoners, because not all the prisoners have valuable info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    There are different sentence levels. Pirates with bounties on their head are sentenced to past of their life or death sentence. Although executions are not always immediate, they are tortured before as prisons that spend their days in prison are.

The torture is just a way to say "if you are a criminal, watch what will happen to you".
    I think the torture, is the only punishment they use, I mean ... the death sentence is barely used, and it's only applied in extreme situations and as last resort. IMO

In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy Robin didn't reach Impel Down, I can't imagine my Robin-Chwaaann being tortured for info!!!

Don't know about you guys, but I'm slowly missing Brookes Skull Jokes!!! lol

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Robin will get another treatment, after spending some nights at Impel Down ... they might move her to some kind of laboratory. Because torturing a lady isn't cool (like if they care )

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL well Hannyabal would've been pleased if Robin was an Impel Down prisoner.

Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured that should be posted here too, du ti more attention etc.:

next week (issue 52) there will be a normal chapter of One Piece

however the following week (issue 53) will have chapter 0 (which we already knew) plus a normal chapter as it seems, double fun and now you can - I think - imagine, what the breaks were for.

15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's finally time to masturbate 'cause of normal Manga. XD yay! Odacchi is giving his all for the movie, even while having a break. We will have to see how high the background - character ratio is to determine how much he did actually add to it.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to Volume 0, moreso than the current war actually. Hopefully it gets scanned and translated quickly (though if it's a full sized volume it could take a few weeks for some quality).

Wait...is it just Chapter 0 or volume 0? I remember hearing the movie was volume 0 not just a chapter...(confused)

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, there will be a volume 0 that probably includes chapter 0 plus some sketches for the movie, a volume isn't issued in wsj however

Thread Closed
Page 21 of 170 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast