Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 61 of 170 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Kanarya i think that although the Gorosei will play a major role, it wont be now. there is now way that anyone can fight against them right now. i believe they were once super strong people who had to retire and now rule the world. i am eager to see their power but i know that it will take a lot more than an execution to make them come out and fight. Eneru will show up again, but i think he will show to prove a point. how strong Luffy is or maybe an enemy of Luffy defeats him in a matter of seconds to show how strong the enemy is?? but at the same time i also think that Eneru had one of the most perfect ending in the cover story arcs.

Inazuma cant cut humans. if he/she could that would be too broken and that would have already happened in ID.
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it would even look right if Inazuma was able to cut humans like paper It'll be interesting if he can cut up all forms/types of weapons though

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. there are various fruits i wish to see. where do you guys think DFs come from, yes they come from a tree but does the fruit drop in the ocean???
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i always wondered why one piece didnt take off in the states like bleach and naruto. i think the problem were the crappy dubs we got. they left so much out. the entire little garden arc was skipped. i think if funimation will release their dubs and air them every afternoon monday through friday, like dragonball z, back in the day, then i think one piece would be a success in the states

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i always wondered why one piece didnt take off in the states like bleach and naruto. i think the problem were the crappy dubs we got. they left so much out. the entire little garden arc was skipped. i think if funimation will release their dubs and air them every afternoon monday through friday, like dragonball z, back in the day, then i think one piece would be a success in the states
    Here in Brazil we got that One Piece from USA, and I can say it sucks. I don't know why. I don't like the animation. I hate the voices. The adaptations/censoring doesn't even matter that much... I don't know why, but I just don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    Here in Brazil we got that One Piece from USA, and I can say it sucks. I don't know why. I don't like the animation. I hate the voices. The adaptations/censoring doesn't even matter that much... I don't know why, but I just don't like it.
    go to dubhappy.com and check out the funamation dub. it only episodes 1-80 but they are much better

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately, in Italy with Mediaset, except for the voice of Rufy which is disgusting (in the last seasons the person that doubled Rufy is changed, even if Mediaset doesn't have guilts) we cannot complain for the adaptation.
    Even in one of the last episode, one of those that concern the clash between "Sanji and Absalom", we have seen a scene that in Japan has been cut.
    In every case, also when they cut a lot, the version of Mediaset was better than the American's version (I have seen some scenes from "You Tube" that it have frightened me).
    The only true fault is that Rufy has called Rubber (and the whole meaning of the D lost for a bit (in the truth for a lot).
    However in the series of Water 7 and EL (particularly for Water 7), They have made a bit of confusion with the voices of the secondary characters (more characters, particularly those of the Galley Company and of the Franky Family were doubled by the same person (even if in different moment)).

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

every dub version of OP isnt good. some may be tolerable but OP is one of the series that unless you see it the orignal way its just not good enough. i have a question, how can you have a scene in italy that they cut out in Japan??
    Last edited by Gcat88; January 16, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member YamFrie's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I never used to watch One Piece with subs. We actually have lots of talanted voice actors (fandub) in Russia. They are (mostly) so fkn awesome, I must say.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M.D.Ace's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Yeah... Just like those Naruto plotholes... So Luffy and Coby are brothers as well making Coby another son of Dragon?.
    i dont get it. and it wasent funny either. i gave evidence as to why i think garp and roger are brothers.

Okay, to get this right:
    The Gomu Gomu no Mi did not grant Logia powers to Luffy but Paramecia[/b]. This has already been stated in the data book "One Piece Yellow" since 2007.

if you read my comment properly, i was jut likening luffy's rubber paramecia to that of a logias ability in the sense that luffy is also immune to normal attacks apart from cuts and haki induced attacks

But Luffy, Ivankov and Inazuma did not die, did they? Poison can still be neutralized or it is just simply ineffective.
    the point was 'Almost no one is immune to poison. You can kill nearly everyone, it's so cheap' ... it still doesnt change the fact that you can kill nearly everyone and 'almost' no1 is immune to poison. yes luffy escaped it but that was not cause he was immune to it but because iva had a devil fruit that saved him from it. and yes iva seems to be immune to it cause of his own devil fruit but the statement was 'almost' no1 is immune
    Last edited by M.D.Ace; January 16, 2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gcat88 View Post
    every dub version of OP isnt good. some may be tolerable but OP is one of the series that unless you see it the orignal way its just not good enough. i have a question, how can you have a scene in italy that they cut out in Japan??
    I don't knew, but is so.
    It's when Absalom stab Sanji from behind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Germany has also continued dubbing OP. Starting from the Headhunterfiller and the phoenix pirates+ Thriller bark till Ep:400 it is nice but still not the same But it is an good alternative though.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've checked out a couple of dubs here and there, but tbh there's nothing like the original lol I much prefer the japanese raw with english subs imo. Thats just me though!

I find the dub voices of Usopp & Nami inferioriting!

So..I'll stick with the raw with english subs for now and...forever

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

that is true. it is kind of fun and sometimes a good laugh to see the dubbed just to see how it came out.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough of the dub talk for now

I wonder how Shanks feels after the news that Ace is Roger's son?!? Just a curious thought that went by me lol

Thread Closed
Page 61 of 170 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast