Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 72 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2544

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

That's the kinda theory I can go along with , very good indeed.
    @beasboy: not really, we could estimate that it's less than that in the GL. The NW is the elite's seas so to say 25% of people there use haki isn't that unlikely, seeing also as they could indetify which types of haki were which(Luffy's outburst during the war) and most people in the GL aren't even familiar with the concept alone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are taking the concept of "Haki" too serious.

It would be cool if one of the Yonkou was a former marine (like Drake) but a former Admiral. Or even a former Shichibukai... can you imagine? "Yonkou Kaidou, former Shichibukai", "Yonkou Kong, former Fleet Admiral of the Marines"
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gcat88 View Post
    I think we need more than 25% of captains, and we also need more Haki. Remember the people from amazon lily were strong and they didnt have kings haki. you dont need kings haki to be strong there is other levels that are strong, just not as strong.
    I think they can only embed it to their weapons, nothing more lol

so its not that strong I guess.
    CLEANED

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Lord Rayliegh

It was a very interesting read! I am more keen now to know how Mihawk gained his title of 'Greatest swordsmen in the world'...its highly unlikely he fought Rayliegh for it . I wonder if Mihawk & Shiryuu know each other?? *apart from just each others names that is lol*

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiryu was not the chief warden of Impel Down in the past. We don't know who was it at chapter 0. Shiryu was a chief guard (as Sadi-chan is) and Hannyabal now is his superior. He is in the same situation as Smoker: guys who don't follow the rules are not promoted.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just of something when I reviewed the Strong World trailer yesterday, but I don't want to open a new thread for it in the Tree of Knowledge section: If there are sea-stone/kaioseki that suppress DF powers - are there maybe some very very rare crystals/whatevermaterial that may boost them or renders the kaioseki's effect useless? I don't mean "haki" but something concrete and really "touchable".

I wonder why the movies or the anime fillers didn't bring that up within the last 10 years... Maybe Oda plots something in that direction (or everyone thinks of it to be too unfitting. )
    no longer participating forums...

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of that. If that is in fact true then that would explain why it jasn't been used in any filler; because Oda plans to impliment it in the story, maybe sometime when we meet Dr.Vegapunk? My own opinion is if there was such a thing we'd have heard a mention of it by now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    We all know that Rayleigh was the Dark King, that he very likely owns the Haoushoku Haki and that he was a swordman. Luffy said that Zoro's ambition was necessary for him to be the nakama - or vice-captain - of the Pirate King. So, we can wonder how strong Raylegih as a swordman when he was the right hand of the Roger. It's a good question when we know that Mihawks was only a rookie 20 years ago (see Chapter 0).

So, I just payed attention to how Rayleigh was in Chapter 0 when he was a Jolly Roger pirate and I found some interesting things.
    Rayleigh used to wear at his prime the same outfits that Mihawks wears now that he is the strongest swordman. Indeed, they both :
    - have exactly the same design on their collar
    - have a coat completely black
    - are stipped to the waist.
    It's also confirmed from Chapter 0 that Mihawks did not wear them when he was a rookie, and from Shabondy Archipelago arc that Rayleigh does not wear them anymore.

Spoiler show

Does that not suggest obviously that Raylegih was really the strongest swordman before Mihawks ? That'd mean that Mihawks did not get his title by beating Rayleigh as he retired before Mihawks became the strongest. That also suggests that Rayleigh never lost his title in a fight but only because of retirement as Roger disbanded the crew.

Some questions come to my mind after all that. Did Mihawks get his title by beating the guy that used to be the second best swordman during Rayleigh's era, or did he get it with time ?
    Was Shiryuu the second strongest swordman during Rayleigh's time - remember Shiryuu was the director of ID at this time ?
    Did Mihawks beat Shiryuu ?
    yes they are very similar. could explain the reason for shanks and mihawks dueling so much. maybe the coat is passed down from generation to gneration. mihawk told zoro to seek him out and defeat him when he is ready. i think mihawk has chosen zoro as his successor, and whether he can survive or not is the test.

if you look at zoro's style. he always wears his shirt open, just like mihawk. so if(and when) zoro beats mihawk, zoro can put on the cloak and his style would not change much.

luffy is so much like rogers. its only logical that they think alike,so it would make sense for their crews to e similar.

the pirate king shoudnt hav anything but the best on his crew

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic but whatever

there's one thing about Oda that makes him very very special, he likes to leave most deaths mostly suggested (Bellamy, Paul ...). The only exceptions being Dr. Hiruluk who died in an explosive not so gruesome and Bellemere which was getting her brains splattered which was the most bloody thing I've seen in this manga (And Roger of course ... the only difference was ... hmmm ... showing the whole scene of their deaths), but after those two, most other scenes of violence tend to be toned down.
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; January 28, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope some of WB's other commanders get formerly introduced during the escape. the only other one who may have fruit power is the guy with the pockets in his face. he pulled a mallet out of one those pockets

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Lol @ Pocket Pocket Fruit, well spotted. It would be nice to attatch some names to the faces, it's a pretty big crew, but I'm sure Ace will introduce Luffy to each of the Commanders prior to him passing out (or maybe after).

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

whatever power they have IMO it'd be just a waste of time and panels unless someone can make a difference in the escape, because they can't be stronger than Marco, Jozu or Vista. ^^

In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are going to see an introducion of them with all their powers explained once Oda does a new data book (maybe white as in whitebeard? :x) anyhow, I also think it's a waste of space to do that now since the manga should focus on more important things like getting the srawhats back to Luffy

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    I think it works from a distance. Thats what kept Smoker from flowing through the bars of Crocodiles Jail Cell.
    I forgot.
    So now to answer Schabrak : I think her power would be nullified before it reach the Jutte.
    but there's one thing that contradict what I'm saying (maybe many but if one is shown or proven it's enough :P) , how has Mr3 used his power to open the Cell back then in Alabasta and the handcuffs in the last chapter?

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker Logia form lack precision to go through the bar whithout touching them...
    TOBI IS OBITO

Thread Closed
Page 72 of 170 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast