Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 73 of 170 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2544

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

  1. #1081
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    University of Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    I forgot.
    So now to answer Schabrak : I think her power would be nullified before it reach the Jutte.
    but there's one thing that contradict what I'm saying (maybe many but if one is shown or proven it's enough :P) , how has Mr3 used his power to open the Cell back then in Alabasta and the handcuffs in the last chapter?
    Same reason Iva's hormones probably wont wear off if she dies. the DF's power its self it to create something (hormones, Wax) from nothing. The wax in its self is a real tangible object once its created. No reason it would cease to be so in the presence of seastone.

    Ones powers simply cant effect seastone, or be activated in close presence of it. It think the radius is about a foot or so. That would explain why Smoker has the juttes tip hanging so far from his body (on top of the thick clothes) and why Onigumu had the seastone cuffs on such long sticks.

    Remember, just being in the Seastone cell sapped Luffys strength, he could barely move. Theres definitely a field.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; January 29, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #1082
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovefoxes View Post
    Smoker Logia form lack precision to go through the bar whithout touching them...
    but they weren't so tight/narrow


    Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    Same reason Iva's hormones probably wont wear off if she dies. the DF's power its self it to create something (hormones, Wax) from nothing. The wax in its self is a real tangible object once its created. No reason it would cease to be so in the presence of seastone.

    Ones powers simply cant effect seastone, or be activated in close presence of it. It think the radius is about a foot or so. That would explain why Smoker has the juttes tip hanging so far from his body (on top of the thick clothes) and why Onigumu had the seastone cuffs on such long sticks.

    Remember, just being in the Seastone cell sapped Luffys strength, he could barely move. Theres definitely a field.
    that's it I totally agree, and this can explain a lot of things (well at least for me) and the radius thing is what I've been looking for.
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; January 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  4. #1083
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    People constantly underestimate Enel.

    1.) He has a GREAT logia, better than Fire, Ice, or Magma, IMO.
    2.) He can use predictive Haki (Mantra, pretty sure they're the same thing. Sky Islands just really isolated.)
    3.) He can Fight from greater distances than we've ever seen in the manga.
    4.) Even though Luffy's ability was his weakness, Enel is the ONLY enemy Luffy hasn't been able to knock out. When all was said and done, his death cloud was dispersed, and he was sent flying. But he was on his feet last we saw.

    Enel was a beast, even when Luffy could wail on him, he proved to be a good melee fighter. And his inital shock of being able to be touched is understandable given SI's isolation and the fact that they dont even know what rubber is. I think he recovered quite well.

    Enel would be a TERROR on the Blue Seas, an absolute terror.
    You've almost said everything. I have to say that Enel also has the power to move at the speed of thunder. And about his mantra, he has an amazing one : he was able to predict the movements of anybody on Skypiea Island

    I don't know why people underestimate him. Yes, he was beat by Luffy but what's the matter with it ? Crocodile also was and he is still a beast in One Piece as you can see in the MHQ arc. And people must not forget that unlike Crocodile, Enel could not hurt Luffy with his logia.

  5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #1084
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    People constantly underestimate Enel.

    1.) He has a GREAT logia, better than Fire, Ice, or Magma, IMO.
    2.) He can use predictive Haki (Mantra, pretty sure they're the same thing. Sky Islands just really isolated.)
    3.) He can Fight from greater distances than we've ever seen in the manga.
    4.) Even though Luffy's ability was his weakness, Enel is the ONLY enemy Luffy hasn't been able to knock out. When all was said and done, his death cloud was dispersed, and he was sent flying. But he was on his feet last we saw.

    Enel was a beast, even when Luffy could wail on him, he proved to be a good melee fighter. And his inital shock of being able to be touched is understandable given SI's isolation and the fact that they dont even know what rubber is. I think he recovered quite well.

    Enel would be a TERROR on the Blue Seas, an absolute terror.
    Are we reading the same forum? I see people drastically overestimating Enel, putting him in the same league as the admirals, that's laughable. He's strong yes, but on the blue sea he's not a god by any means. Luffy told him there were loads of monstrous guys on the blue sea that could take him out; he wasn't bluffing. Enel is a glass cannon: a few hits from Luffy and he was on all fours spitting up blood and begging for respite: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/281/18-19/

    He was also in no better condition after his fight with Luffy than anyone else was (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/298/16-17/), I don't know where you're getting that. If he was so fine, why didn't he immediately attack Skypiea again as soon as Luffy left?

    One of the snake sisters had a mantra-like ability also, but it didn't help her against gear 2nd. Even though she saw the attacks coming, she couldn't move fast enough to do anything about it. Enel can move fast, but his reaction time was nothing exceptional. He's concerned here that Luffy's strike is too fast: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/298/12-13/

    The restarting his heart bit was amazing, but if he didn't have that he would have been finished by Wiper. Do you think a reject dial and seastone would be enough to take down Aokiji or Joz?
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; January 29, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  7. #1085
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    ^ Don't you understand what a natural enemy means? It's true that Enel is a bit stupid (Just look at his dream ), but telling that we are overestimating Enel is like saying Zoro is a fodder (He was beaten by him).

    His DF power is amazing, I think you're the one that's underestimating him.

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #1086
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Are we reading the same forum? I see people drastically overestimating Enel, putting him in the same league as the admirals, that's laughable. He's strong yes, but on the blue sea he's not a god by any means. Luffy told him there were loads of monstrous guys on the blue sea that could take him out; he wasn't bluffing. Enel is a glass cannon: a few hits from Luffy and he was on all fours spitting up blood and begging for respite: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/281/18-19/

    He was also in no better condition after his fight with Luffy than anyone else was (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/298/16-17/), I don't know where you're getting that. If he was so fine, why didn't he immediately attack Skypiea again as soon as Luffy left?

    One of the snake sisters had a mantra-like ability also, but it didn't help her against gear 2nd. Even though she saw the attacks coming, she couldn't move fast enough to do anything about it. Enel can move fast, but his reaction time was nothing exceptional. He's concerned here that Luffy's strike is too fast: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/298/12-13/

    The restarting his heart bit was amazing, but if he didn't have that he would have been finished by Wiper. Do you think a reject dial and seastone would be enough to take down Aokiji or Joz?
    From what he we have seen, the admirals didn't show us something amazing either, they kept relying on their logia's power just as much as Enel did. If you take away their Logia's powers, i doubt they can defeat Luffy since they didn't any GREAT physical abilities like Luffy, Lucci...

    If Enel was against Aokiji, Akainu, Kizaru... It would be a tie, there's no doubt.

    I'm sorry but Enel is definitely a powerhouse on the same level as the admirals IMO

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #1087
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Amazon
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    I disagree. I believe that Enel is strong, but the same level as the admirals no. The Admirals, i think, are even stronger than the shickibukai. It would be a good battle, but i think that any of the admirals can defeat Enel. This doesnt mean i dont believe he is strong.
    Spoiler show

  12. #1088
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Gcat88 View Post
    I disagree. I believe that Enel is strong, but the same level as the admirals no. The Admirals, i think, are even stronger than the shickibukai. It would be a good battle, but i think that any of the admirals can defeat Enel. This doesnt mean i dont believe he is strong.
    Give me one reason for that ! They can't unless they have Haki which is not proven, so for the moment, it would be a tie between them ( I even think that Enel can defeat Aokiji with his Gloam Paddling technique wich allow him to transform his weapon and make electricity pass trough it wich produce heat )

  13. #1089
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Judging by the way you guys say that Enel is as strong as the admirals,
    I just want to point out something.
    Enel lost to luffy because of his rubber fruit, not because of luffy's strength.
    However,the admirals we have on the blue sea are not afraid of the rubber fruit. If you guys say that enel is on the same level as the admirals, and he lost to luffy just becos of his fruit, then does it means that it's confirmed that ace will kick aokiji ass?
    or that kizaru will defeat blackbeard?
    No.
    Luffy was not just lucky that he was rubber, he was strong too and Enel was weak.
    Face it, Enel is weaker than any of the admirals, he was the god just becos of his df.
    Hell, aokiji can be the god of the blue seas becos he can fking freeze every single ocean.

  14. #1090
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Gcat88 View Post
    I disagree. I believe that Enel is strong, but the same level as the admirals no. The Admirals, i think, are even stronger than the shickibukai. It would be a good battle, but i think that any of the admirals can defeat Enel. This doesnt mean i dont believe he is strong.
    I don't wanna use the word Shichibukais as a general term, because we cannot compare Moria with Mihawk, Dofla or Jimbei ...

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  15. #1091
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    J
    Face it, Enel is weaker than any of the admirals, he was the god just becos of his df.
    And Aokiji is strong because of his DF, so WB, so Marco, so Jozu, so Akainu, so Magellan...

    Look, as long as admirals aren't the natural ennemies of Enel, the it would be always a TIE between Enel and one of them that's for sure, that's why I consider him at the same level as the admirals (Unless they have Haki, then it's another story if it's the case )

  16. #1092
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Judging by the way you guys say that Enel is as strong as the admirals,
    I just want to point out something.
    Enel lost to luffy because of his rubber fruit, not because of luffy's strength.
    However,the admirals we have on the blue sea are not afraid of the rubber fruit. If you guys say that enel is on the same level as the admirals, and he lost to luffy just becos of his fruit, then does it means that it's confirmed that ace will kick aokiji ass?
    or that kizaru will defeat blackbeard?
    No.
    Luffy was not just lucky that he was rubber, he was strong too and Enel was weak.
    Face it, Enel is weaker than any of the admirals, he was the god just becos of his df.
    Hell, aokiji can be the god of the blue seas becos he can fking freeze every single ocean.
    I'm gonna say it again, I think you guys don't know what a NATURAL enemy means. Just like Jimbei and Moria's Zombies ....... Ace and Aokiji are a bit different.

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  17. #1093
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    ^ Don't you understand what a natural enemy means? It's true that Enel is a bit stupid (Just look at his dream ), but telling that we are overestimating Enel is like saying Zoro is a fodder (He was beaten by him).
    But no one is making Zoro out to be the strongest character in the series, invincible against anyone except Luffy.

    Quote Quote:
    His DF power is amazing, I think you're the one that's underestimating him.
    Quote Quote:
    And Aokiji is strong because of his DF, so WB, so Marco, so Jozu, so Akainu, so Magellan...
    Yes, his DF is amazing, but we've also seen Marco, Aokiji, Joz, etc be remarkably strong without their already remarkable DF, and we've seen in this war that there's a lot more to fighting at the higher levels than just having a good DF. A rifle from Luffy sent Enel flying; Aokiji hardly noticed the same attack. He didn't logia disperse, he just took it in the gut like Morgan hitting Garp.

    Enel is a glass cannon. A solid punch or two from Joz and Enel is out of the game.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

  18. #1094
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Amazon
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Exactly!! If you are talking about elements, the admirals win. this is One Piece anything is possible. Enel COULD defeat them, but from what we know, and the amount of power we have seen, the admirals would defeat him.
    Spoiler show

  19. #1095
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    University of Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Enel is a glass cannon. A solid punch or two from Joz and Enel is out of the game.
    Enel took his fair beating and kept going. Once upon a time I imagine you would have said the same of Croc no? He took a hit from Joz unawares and is still standing.

    Enel may have less stamina than some, but hes not going to get one hit.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; January 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 73 of 170 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts