Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 81 of 170 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2544

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Mihawks was definitely not wearing the same coat when Roger died.
    The collar here is totally black and the rest of his coat has a design on it.
    The current coat of Mihawks has a a collar with a design on it - different from the one he had when Roger died - and the rest of his coat is entirely black.
    I know that oda giving rayleigh a similar coat is no coinsidence it has to represent something.
    i wonder how zoro would look wearing that coat but in his own style
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    It does not mean that every best swordsman has to wear the same coat, it only means Rayleigh was the strongest swordman of his time. It's difficult to claim they've a different design on their collar and their outfits does not look alike. Besides, Rayleigh - the Dark King swordman - is the only case with similar outfits to Mihawks. So, I doubt Oda drawn Rayleigh that way in Chapter 0 by a curious coincidence.
    I doubt it very much that Oda would do something like that just to indicate that Rayleigh was the world's strongest swordsman at that time. If he wanted to point it out, there could have been other ways. Simpler ways.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I doubt it very much that Oda would do something like that just to indicate that Rayleigh was the world's strongest swordsman at that time. If he wanted to point it out, there could have been other ways. Simpler ways.
    Yes but I think that Oda could not reveal it at Shabondy Archipelago : otherwise some interaction between Rayleigh and Zoro would have been necessary knowing that fact : Zoro would have had to learn things from Rayleigh, to benefit from his meeting with him ; and this was not very compatible with the storyline of this arc. And in chapter 0, it'd have been strange to make someone say he's the strongest swordman.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner akumapi's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of pirates use swords... Rayligh, Shanks, Law and so on.
    We can't assume that he the strongest swordsman was A, B or C. But it sure is a possible...
    Rayleigh being the strongest swordsman...
    http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/11/88/71/00/userba10.gif

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think that when someone starts claiming that he's the strongest swordsman, superman, 'stupidman' or whatever, others interested in that Nickname would definitely defy him, so when someone beats him the strongest one is the last winner.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Personally, I think that when someone starts claiming that he's the strongest swordsman, superman, 'stupidman' or whatever, others interested in that Nickname would definitely defy him, so when someone beats him the strongest one is the last winner.
    I think you re right i mean we could apply that to mihaw vs shanks case though shanks isnt much of a competetive character probably mihaw acknowledged him as an equal threath thus sought defeating him .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LegendWoodsman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Davy Back is in print

Just bought the VIZ volumes of One Piece (they're releasing them 5 volumes at a time) and the Davy Back Arc is labeled Water 7??? This doesn't seem right.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oda like to to give us little things like this. i really dont think its a coincidence. why else would shanks and mihawk fight so much. i think shince shanks lost his arm, mihawk may be the better swordsman, but shanks is the better fighter.

i cant wait to get the backstory on mihawk to see if this is true or not.

its always fun going back and forth with everyone.

BOUT TO WATCH THE SUPERBOWL GO SAINTS

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone in the history was good enough to be called "World's Strongest Swordsman" before Mihawk.

If Rayleigh was the best swordsman then, how did Mihawk become one if he didn't beat him? Also, in Rayleigh's time, there was Shiki, who was also a swordsman. Course, I don't have any facts, but I think he was stronger then Rayleigh, at least then.

I have a feeling that Roger's crew was mostly laid back like Shanks is. They weren't interested in becoming best or strongest. They sailed around and enjoyed their freedom, probably fought only when they had to.
    Mihawk sails around alone, looking for ways to cure his boredom, and probably duels other swordsmen. It probably plays a significant role in him being called the best.
    Last edited by Razh; February 07, 2010 at 06:41 PM.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

now its interesting to know the reason why whitebeard didnt become "the king" , i mean he obtained power (his df is the strongest , he has kings haki , his crew is strong) besides being famous although he is not interesed in treasures . now i could only think of the following reasons :
    - he couldnt find one piece or simply didnt make more effort to find it .
    - he couldnt gain anymore allies.
    - he couldnt defeat the other 3 yonko .
    - he doesnt have that ability that mihawk spoke of and which luffy has and likely roger too .
    - he doesnt have a high sense of adventure .
    - he thinks that obtaining the title of pirate king by rivaling roger is more important .than seeking his treasure therfore when roger died he lost interest .
    - he is not a D .
    and when i say this i mean before ace joined whitbeard pirates

Steven Hyde

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner akumapi's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rayleigh was the strongest swordsman why would he be nicknamend "dark king"? And not Strongest Swordsman?
    I think Razh has a point, in there time there were so many strong swordsman how would you know who was the best?
    Also, The Roger pirates could be something like th SH, laid back, going after their objectives in life with there friends, adventures, parties, battles...
    Hawkeyes? I think he wanted to take down WB, cause in this arc he tested himself by atacking WB and said something about it, but I don't recall what...

There are a lot of reasons, but the way WB seems to be, gives me the feeling that after Roger died he just lost interest in all of the PK stuff...
    Kind of like Rayleigh who lost his captain, I think WB lost his rival and in a sense friend.
    Also, he got old... And with that satarted making diferent choices about his crew and what he wants.
    Let me ask this:
    Why do you think he want's to be called "Pops/dad" by his own men?
    I think there is some kind of deeper meaning to that...
    Last edited by akumapi; February 07, 2010 at 07:44 PM.
    http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/11/88/71/00/userba10.gif

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

We've yet to see a continuation of Whitebeard's flashback, but I'm pretty sure what the core of Whitebeard's motivation was. I think he has pretty much already achieved his dream.
    He built a strong family of pirates under him, people who will carry on his will and dream into the next era. He had a crew in which everyone was respected, in which treachery and crimes against fellow pirates weren't tolerated. One big family.
    When you look at it like that, and how his system could affect the future, his influence on the pirate future can be compared with Roger's. Especially if he tears the shit out of Marineford before he dies.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    now its interesting to know the reason why whitebeard didnt become "the king" , i mean he obtained power (his df is the strongest , he has kings haki , his crew is strong) besides being famous although he is not interesed in treasures . now i could only think of the following reasons :
    - he couldnt find one piece or simply didnt make more effort to find it .
    - he couldnt gain anymore allies.
    - he couldnt defeat the other 3 yonko .
    - he doesnt have that ability that mihawk spoke of and which luffy has and likely roger too .
    - he doesnt have a high sense of adventure .
    - he thinks that obtaining the title of pirate king by rivaling roger is more important .than seeking his treasure therfore when roger died he lost interest .
    - he is not a D .
    and when i say this i mean before ace joined whitbeard pirates
    I'll take only the bold part, correct me if I'm wrong but I think ... hmm ... in chapter 572, there was a flashback of WhiteBeard in the end, I guess it shows us WhiteBeard when he was a rookie, anyway it doesn't matter , the thing is one of the characters in that flashback said something like "Edward Newgate isn't interested in treasure", hence the pirate king title isn't that important for him, and IMO he showed interest in the past just as an excuse to fight Roger.

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You are as strong as your rivals are. Whitebeard probably never tied in battle again after his fight with Roger. As for other Yonkou, I think he could have beaten any of them. But what would be the point? I'm sure WG aren't the only ones who are concerned about World Balance, and pirates killing each other would help nobody but WG.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Davy Back is in print

Well, the davy back fight was the introduction to the water 7 arc, wasn't it?
    no longer participating forums...

Thread Closed
Page 81 of 170 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast