Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

I have been thinking about the BB recently and I started to think: what if the Sengoku who is supposed to be a great tactician sent BB into the Impel Down to make head gaoler shiryuu (and maybe magelan) join the fight against WB? I know BB isnt the kind of guy who would listen to others, but on the other hand it is the perfect chance for him to get rid of WB for sure (since it would be a sneak attack) and he wouldnt lose protection that WG and his Schichibukai title provide him.

It is just a crazy thought, but I would appreciate some good conversation about this matter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Brook can run on water, remember? I think he can "hop" from island to island this way.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    I have been thinking about the BB recently and I started to think: what if the Sengoku who is supposed to be a great tactician sent BB into the Impel Down to make head gaoler shiryuu (and maybe magelan) join the fight against WB? I know BB isnt the kind of guy who would listen to others, but on the other hand it is the perfect chance for him to get rid of WB for sure (since it would be a sneak attack) and he wouldnt lose protection that WG and his Schichibukai title provide him.

It is just a crazy thought, but I would appreciate some good conversation about this matter.
    Well, if you really think about it, if Sengoku wanted for Magellan and Shiryuu to fight Whitebeard he could have just ordered them directly, since he is the Fleet Admiral, after all.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, if you really think about it, if Sengoku wanted for Magellan and Shiryuu to fight Whitebeard he could have just ordered them directly, since he is the Fleet Admiral, after all.
    but then it wouldnt be a surprise attack. BB could make a tunnel right beneath WB...

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

but then it wouldnt be a surprise attack. BB could make a tunnel right beneath WB...
    I don't think he can. His power allows him to absorb the matter. If he did that and made suddenly disappear the substratum, the surface would collapse.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MeramEranomi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kuranzyan View Post
    Brook can run on water, remember? I think he can "hop" from island to island this way.
    no he can't. remember when he was fighting the fish riders? he ran on top of the water but sank shortly. he cannot do long distances.
    Inherited will, the swelling of the changing times, And the dreams of people. These are things that cannot be stopped. As long as people seek the answer to freedom, these will never stop!-----GANGSTA!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For Sengoku face it was obvious he didn't knew nothing about Blackbeard going to Impel Down.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Superman's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Hina have a logia fruit???? Because she said "Everything that goes """through""" my body gets locked down"!!Just look how her fruit works.
    Look here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/02/ http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/03/
    Is it a mistranslation which cant be taken seriously, or is it fact, that she can let things and stuff slip through her??? Is it the weirdest logia ever or is it paracemea??
    March 28, 2006—Pampering pets with designer goods isn't so unusual—and now even your houseflies can get outfitted in style.

The fly has cooler glasses than me!!!
    EHHHHHHH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTS WOOOOOT

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Seleno's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

BB wil come and join the war together with Shiryuu but not 'cause of an order of Sengoku. I believe that Sengoku woulnd't rely on someone who has joined the Shichis short time ago and nevertheless he wouldn't rely on BB because he's a pirate after all and why should the marine trust an pirate?

Quote Originally Posted by OdaForPresident
    How do you think that the crew will get back to shabondy, marine HQ or where ever there going to end up?

My guess for chopper is that he will be riding one of those big birds
    Nami will float down from sky island with some sort of air fish thingy
    Robin will get a ride from the revolutionaries
    Franky might be teleported
    Brook, maybe some dark ritual?
    I can't think of anything for the other guys, your thoughts?
    Nami - maybe with something like a zeppelin or a flying little boat which is powered by the Wind Knot or this strange little flame of the covers
    Robin - she will find her way back to it with the help of the revolutionaries (I think Robin will possibly join the war as one of the first ones because the revolutionaries could take a role in this war, too)
    Franky - after watching the episode I'm not quite sure. But he is very creative (remember how fast he builds up this bridge on the Thriller Bark? Perhaps he will find some useful plans in Vegapunks Lab in order to build an motor-boat
    Brook - sorry... no ideas here xD' It could be possible that the villagers will summon sme real demons or a befriended sea-king who can take Brook to there
    Zoro - he will travel together with Perona otherwise he won't meet the SHs ever again xD Maybe Perone is able to use her ghosts for travelling?
    Chopper - the easiest of all I think xD In my eyes he will ride one of the birds
    Sanji - he should get help of the Okamas but it will be a normal (pink) boat
    Usopp - fat is swimming xD'' (otherwise I don'T have ideas)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IF BB is to show up in this war, it would really be only at the end. It would take him far more time to depart from ID and make it to Marineford. I'd just love to see him steal and modify a Warship into his new ship..
    Still there's too much going on and a new secret attack from the Marines..
    His only purpose there would be to take out WB and other vital members of WB's crew.

As far as the "missing" SH. Who knows how they will get back but for sure that's what Duval and Rayleigh are there for. Perhaps they will meet in small 3 person groups which then finally come together....
    This won't be until 2010 however......

Some of the previous predictions are interesting..
    Looking forward to the Zoro covers..

Maybe just cuz I love Perona...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think will be the title ?
    Zoro wants to be reborn as a cucumber ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MeramEranomi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Does Hina have a logia fruit???? Because she said "Everything that goes """through""" my body gets locked down"!!Just look how her fruit works.
    Look here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/02/ http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/217/03/
    Is it a mistranslation which cant be taken seriously, or is it fact, that she can let things and stuff slip through her??? Is it the weirdest logia ever or is it paracemea??
    i think it's just a paramecia. although she said "goes through my body", she meant that everything she touches gets locked down, not that she can let things pass through her like logia.
    Inherited will, the swelling of the changing times, And the dreams of people. These are things that cannot be stopped. As long as people seek the answer to freedom, these will never stop!-----GANGSTA!!

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    One Piece Yellow Grand Elements classifies Hina's Ori Ori no Mi as Paramecia. (Japanese version #021)

There's a German Edition of OPYGE available - even if it uses bad translated names, it's still worth to buy it for a quick lookup.
    no longer participating forums...

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Looking forward to the Zoro covers..

Maybe just cuz I love Perona...
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    What do you think will be the title ?
    Zoro wants to be reborn as a cucumber ?
    Same here, due to Perona probably most of us. And I hope we'll see Zoro in a bearsy costume serving as a slave due to her spirits. And I wonder and kind of expect they'll get 3 cover stories like they got 3 pages when the others had 2 pages when we saw them landing.
    Title: I want to be reborn as a marimo. Would be perfect.

Though I wonder if we'll have a color spread next week. Last colorspread 553 and the one before 547 so doesn't seem impossible for me with next weeks beeing 559 especially cause I'm sure Oda would love to pull one the audience who are so anxious to see Zoro and Perona. Not that I (or anyone) would mind if it's a cool one of Whitebeard and his men. I'd especially love to see Marco and to a more little degree Ace standing next to each other showing their flames with Jozu showing his diamant body partly like against Mihawk.
    Last edited by mugiwara84; September 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to put a title name

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say that her DF is still not explained and that lacks because it seems a bit strange.
    Indeed, she can transform his body into jail : here. That looks exactly like Bellamy's with the spring. But the problem is that she can also create jail like Mr 3's candie.
    If Mr 3 could also transform his body into candie, his power would be a logia. And Bellamy does not seem to be able to create springs.
    So, she can transform into something and also create it. That is the first time we see a paremecia with such similarities with the logias.
    Oda should explain clearly what her powers are and why her DF is said to be a paramecia.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; September 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast