Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 71 of 170 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2544

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

kuma is done for. he is officially a pacifista. we will not get insight on kuma until vegapunk is introduced

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

1) I agree with the theory that Zoro is in Mihawk's home (old, current, homeland, who knows?...would be epic if it was current and Mihawk returns home after the war haha). That said, disagree about the sensei thing or that he'll learn haki. Imo: Haki will be far less impressive if anyone of the Strawhat's beside Luffy learn how to use it first, or not at the same time. Given the constant strength comparison between Luffy and Zoro, it would be an enormous shame to have Zoro learn haki whilst Luffy still has no idea since the power balance would go outta whack. Be like Ussop learning Soru before Luffy got gear 2.

2) Kuma: reeeeaaaaaaalllllllly disappointed with Kuma if he has lost his brains. As it is, he was being setup as a great strategist with a near unstoppable parmecia. Instead in this war we've seen him get beaten up by some death winks and shooting way too many beams. Old Kuma would have teleported all over the place and probably sent Iva flying for three days in a heartbeat.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thought on Zoro's location was that he wound up on that island Brook talked about.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/11/

no particular reason why I thought that. its just what went through my head. the fact that it was mentioned but never named makes me suspicious. Oda does that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner guiguizmo's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xstationcubed View Post
    My thought on Zoro's location was that he wound up on that island Brook talked about.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/11/

no particular reason why I thought that. its just what went through my head. the fact that it was mentioned but never named makes me suspicious. Oda does that.
    Not gonna happen.
    Zoro is in Kuraigana Island, which lies in Grand Line.
    Brook's homeland lies in West Blue.

One of the islands I wish they will visit is Wanokuni, land of Samurai Ryuma. That would be awesome, but it lies in the New World, so I guess, I will have to wait...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    It would suck so badly if Tyrant Kuma doesn't return to his normal state of mind lol I hate that stupid PX-Zero! The curtain is about to fall on this war and I was hoping that we at least get more insight on Kuma! Damn it!
    Damn yeah, after the wall thing the PX-Zero were useless (well ... they were/are fighting some of the NW pirates ... but no big deal (IMO) cuz the big shots are still out there (well with other big shots but ... no excuse ))

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    kuma is done for. he is officially a pacifista. we will not get insight on kuma until vegapunk is introduced
    Agree with the bold part

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    1) I agree with the theory that Zoro is in Mihawk's home (old, current, homeland, who knows?...would be epic if it was current and Mihawk returns home after the war haha). That said, disagree about the sensei thing or that he'll learn haki. Imo: Haki will be far less impressive if anyone of the Strawhat's beside Luffy learn how to use it first, or not at the same time. Given the constant strength comparison between Luffy and Zoro, it would be an enormous shame to have Zoro learn haki whilst Luffy still has no idea since the power balance would go outta whack. Be like Ussop learning Soru before Luffy got gear 2.
    Couldn't of said it any better myself ... Really ... Couldn't agree more

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post

2) Kuma: reeeeaaaaaaalllllllly disappointed with Kuma if he has lost his brains. As it is, he was being setup as a great strategist with a near unstoppable parmecia. Instead in this war we've seen him get beaten up by some death winks and shooting way too many beams. Old Kuma would have teleported all over the place and probably sent Iva flying for three days in a heartbeat.

when i say zoro has can use haki, im talking about the normal kind like the boa sisters, not kings haki. it would give an explantion why he is so strong.

my thing with haki is, i think everyone in the one piece world posseses it, but the more you train your body the more u can use it, and a gain im talking about the normal kind. what other explanation would oda give for poeple picking up houses, building, ships and other super human stuff.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

^Normal kind or the king haki itself ... I don't care, but to say that everyone possesses it I think it's kinda farfetched IMO
    Although, it'd be good to explain a lot of things ... I mean like a Saiyan's Ability To Increase Power When Close To Death, in one piece world it'd be awake Haki When Close To Death.

In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    ^Normal kind or the king haki itself ... I don't care, but to say that everyone possesses it I think it's kinda farfetched IMO
    Although, it'd be good to explain a lot of things ... I mean like a Saiyan's Ability To Increase Power When Close To Death, in one piece world it'd be awake Haki When Close To Death.
    chuckle, chuckle all im saying is i would like to se him using it a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Last edited by chess4; January 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

me too ... And I'm sure he has it too, but I'd like to see Haki as something glorious ... the best one of the best thing that could ever happen in your life.

So why hurry? in one way or another he'll awake it ^^.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

it seems the talk here is about haki?? Everyone will awaken to a form of Haki. It seems as if in the New World it is a must to have awaken some form of haki, even if its the lowest form. I think all the SH will awaken a form of Haki.
    Spoiler show

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know that Rayleigh was the Dark King, that he very likely owns the Haoushoku Haki and that he was a swordman. Luffy said that Zoro's ambition was necessary for him to be the nakama - or vice-captain - of the Pirate King. So, we can wonder how strong Raylegih as a swordman when he was the right hand of the Roger. It's a good question when we know that Mihawks was only a rookie 20 years ago (see Chapter 0).

So, I just payed attention to how Rayleigh was in Chapter 0 when he was a Jolly Roger pirate and I found some interesting things.
    Rayleigh used to wear at his prime the same outfits that Mihawks wears now that he is the strongest swordman. Indeed, they both :
    - have exactly the same design on their collar
    - have a coat completely black
    - are stipped to the waist.
    It's also confirmed from Chapter 0 that Mihawks did not wear them when he was a rookie, and from Shabondy Archipelago arc that Rayleigh does not wear them anymore.

Spoiler show

Does that not suggest obviously that Raylegih was really the strongest swordman before Mihawks ? That'd mean that Mihawks did not get his title by beating Rayleigh as he retired before Mihawks became the strongest. That also suggests that Rayleigh never lost his title in a fight but only because of retirement as Roger disbanded the crew.

Some questions come to my mind after all that. Did Mihawks get his title by beating the guy that used to be the second best swordman during Rayleigh's era, or did he get it with time ?
    Was Shiryuu the second strongest swordman during Rayleigh's time - remember Shiryuu was the director of ID at this time ?
    Did Mihawks beat Shiryuu ?

15. Thanks 39 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member redred's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    We all know that Rayleigh was the Dark King, that he very likely owns the Haoushoku Haki and that he was a swordman. Luffy said that Zoro's ambition was necessary for him to be the nakama - or vice-captain - of the Pirate King. So, we can wonder how strong Raylegih as a swordman when he was the right hand of the Roger. It's a good question when we know that Mihawks was only a rookie 20 years ago (see Chapter 0).

So, I just payed attention to how Rayleigh was in Chapter 0 when he was a Jolly Roger pirate and I found some interesting things.
    Rayleigh used to wear at his prime the same outfits that Mihawks wears now that he is the strongest swordman. Indeed, they both :
    - have exactly the same design on their collar
    - have a coat completely black
    - are stipped to the waist.
    It's also confirmed from Chapter 0 that Mihawks did not wear them when he was a rookie, and from Shabondy Archipelago arc that Rayleigh does not wear them anymore.

Spoiler show

Does that not suggest obviously that Raylegih was really the strongest swordman before Mihawks ? That'd mean that Mihawks did not get his title by beating Rayleigh as he retired before Mihawks became the strongest. That also suggests that Rayleigh never lost his title in a fight but only because of retirement as Roger disbanded the crew.

Some questions come to my mind after all that. Did Mihawks get his title by beating the guy that used to be the second best swordman during Rayleigh's era, or did he get it with time ?
    Was Shiryuu the second strongest swordman during Rayleigh's time - remember Shiryuu was the director of ID at this time ?
    Did Mihawks beat Shiryuu ?
    great post. id actually like if this theory was true.
    why shouldnt the greatest pirate also have the greatest swordsman.
    i think luffy said so himself. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theory Rayleigh.

As for Shiryuu, well to get the "Strongest Swordsman" title, you'd most likely have to continue proving your worth against capable swordsmen. If Shiryuu was wardening a jail, he was mostly proving his worth in front of prisoners with seastone cuffs on.

And uhh, what's all this "everyone in New World has haki" business? Remember Smoker? He kinda let a few attacks go through him from new world pirates (or WB pirates, same thing) no dramas. The admirals only got hit about three times in the entire exchange as well.

I expect quite a few people in the New World have haki, but it'll still be something less than 25% of pirates having haki.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    25% of the CAPTAINS would make me happier!
    Cause 25% is a very high percentage!

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we need more than 25% of captains, and we also need more Haki. Remember the people from amazon lily were strong and they didnt have kings haki. you dont need kings haki to be strong there is other levels that are strong, just not as strong.
    Spoiler show

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 71 of 170 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast