Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2544

Thread: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

^ I would classify Bellamy as one of those small fries.

I won't be suprised if some kids get nightmares after seeing the new BB recruits in the anime version. That Basco Shot guy is one hideous-looking creature lol.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly an example of why you can't say Bellamy is dead. He wasn't shown being dead for multiple panels or anything like that. Sure, we can conclude that some people die for certain (like prisoners getting hit by Magellan's poison) but they aren't shown dead afterwards.
    Also, look at the Supernovas. They got pretty much owned by Kizaru and Drake/Hawkins even got a beam shot through them. Some chapters ago they were seen all right with seemingly no injuries. Until Bellamy (or any other character in that case) is confirmed to be dead by either Oda (narrator) or nearby characters, it remains a mystery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Abalo Pizarro, hmmm...

He does resemble a cat more than a snake. Cat vs Fish? Perhaps he will face Jinbei indicating that Jinbei or some other fishman is going to join. I'm so excited over this. Really, really hope he joins!!!
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    I would classify Bellamy as one of those small fries.
    Bellamy is a named character and thus not a ordinary fodder like for instance the countless nameless soldiers who died in Alabasta.

Quote Originally Posted by ScratchmenApoo View Post
    That's exactly an example of why you can't say Bellamy is dead. He wasn't shown being dead for multiple panels or anything like that. Sure, we can conclude that some people die for certain (like prisoners getting hit by Magellan's poison) but they aren't shown dead afterwards.
    Also, look at the Supernovas. They got pretty much owned by Kizaru and Drake/Hawkins even got a beam shot through them. Some chapters ago they were seen all right with seemingly no injuries. Until Bellamy (or any other character in that case) is confirmed to be dead by either Oda (narrator) or nearby characters, it remains a mystery.
    The SN were not portrayed to be seriously injured or that Kizaru went after them with the intent to kill them. You can't compare that in anyway with Bellamy's case. Doflamingo's last words: "I have no use of you by my side". After that we hear them in pain. That was back in chapter 303. Until now they haven't been confirmed to be alive. So I have no reason to think otherwise. If by end of OP they are not mentioned or shown to be alive, they are simply dead. Though I do agree stating this case as a "mystery" doesn't sound wrong.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing more about Doflamingo then I did before, I'm almost certain that he killed Bellamy. He was shown sitting on a pile of corpses, after all.

It's like saying that Nero could still be alive, and while that is true, I very much doubt that Lucci could make such a mistake.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

All I know is, Coby or Sanji should eat the Mera Mera fruit, now that the fruit will grow once again.

Sanji could be called Fire-Leg. Or Coby; the Pink Flame. Eh... I'll think of names later.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    You are forgetting Bellamy. He might be dead as well.
    bellamy isnt CONFIRMED dead .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

very true. i actually think that he wasnt killed and hell appear when doflamingo fights with the entire crew. sanji eating the mera mera would be pretty awesome, but its like a lot of people said, we dont know how long it would take for the fruit to grow back, or where it is for that matter. Sanji Fire Leg, hehehehehe xD
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    bellamy isnt CONFIRMED dead .
    I used the word "might" for a reason.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

yes but i tried to remove the doubt you had by saying its not confirmed well it doesnt matter if he dies or not .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member roguehavoc's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving Bellamy alive doesn't look like Doflamingo.
    But leaving that aside does anyone knows when OP movie 10 will released with subtitles?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ That's a f**king great question!

I've been searching all over the net for it, sadly to no avail...

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi people ! I've just read the last chapter and the Roger and WB flashback, added to WB's last words made me make a new theory. Enjoy !

THEORY

At the end of his life, the Pirate King Gol D Roger wanted to challenge the world because of what he learnt about the true story and D people. He had the strenght and the will to do it but he did not have the time because of his sickness. That's why he decided to disband his crew : he needed to do something before his death to be sure that someday some people would achieve what he could not achieve.
    Roger gathered treasures to create One Piece, the ultimate treasure that would help a pirate crew to do what he cannot do. He hid One Piece in Raftel, the island he discovered with his crew, which is the most difficult place to go, because he needed to be sure that a pirate crew with enough strenght and will would find it, that only a pirate crew able to carry this burden would find One Piece.
    After Roger hid it, he went to live for a few months with Portgas D Rouge to enjoy life a last time. When Roger knew he was about to die because of sickness, he gave himself to the marine because he had to make a speech that could be heard by the whole world : he needed to be sure people will know about One Piece and look after it.

The SHs with the help of One Piece will fulfil Gol D Roger's dream, the dream he could not fulfil during his own life.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; March 05, 2010 at 08:26 PM.

17. Thanks 29 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Theory, I had a similar ideas with some some differences; Roger after reaching Raftel found out that One Piece is the culmination of all the lost history together and discovered the true meaning behind the "will of D" which imo is something similar to the Poneglyphs; something to pass down a message and make sure even if they die the will of the ancient kingdom carries on and that one day someone will accomplish their dreams or whatever. Roger couldn't do that because of his ilness. I think the Ds were a particular race but after much breeding and so forth you had giants, humans who were Ds.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, I was looking at this again, and I hadn't really been sure what they meant:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/569/12-13/

Now that we have more info, it looks like they were referring to this: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/576/16-17/

They weren't allowing any scars on his back! That was how they indulged him.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

21. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast