Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Social topic) - What do you say to people who hates One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit89 View Post
    I just give them a smack and be like shut your mouth boy!!! (in a joking manner though, not like actually hurting them)
    Lol, naaah I wouldnt do it in a joking manner XD id beat them senseless...
    ... I mean... What I mean to say is that I will hear their argument out clearly and thoughtfully, then suggest that their stupid, impudent little p****s and that One Piece should be their religeon while I force their ******** over some ***** and **** their faces up and **** them senseless till the handle breaks off and their ****** all over the floor...
    It gets violant quick ^_^`...

I mean honestly, why can't they at least appreciate One Piece, at LEAST it doesn't use the generic art style, usually ALL mangas seem to only draw everything pretty, at least One Piece can draw an ugly character and MAKE him look ugly but cool, One Piece gives us butt ugly but likable characters like Franky, or Ivankov, whereas Naruto gives you Choji and ends up making him one of the most baddass characters, I've never seen an ugly character in Bleach do anything cool either, this is also why I put Fairy Tail above Bleach and Naruto in my fav mangas.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ecuador
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you say to people who hates One Piece?

It is pointless to quarrel about tastes.

In my opinion One Piece has two strong points - humor and recurring themes (nakama, freedom, dreams). If you don't like first and don't care for second, then you will probably see OP as an average manga at best.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Social topic) - What do you say to people who hates One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post

I mean honestly, why can't they at least appreciate One Piece, at LEAST it doesn't use the generic art style, usually ALL mangas seem to only draw everything pretty, at least One Piece can draw an ugly character and MAKE him look ugly but cool, One Piece gives us butt ugly but likable characters like Franky, or Ivankov, whereas Naruto gives you Choji and ends up making him one of the most baddass characters, I've never seen an ugly character in Bleach do anything cool either, this is also why I put Fairy Tail above Bleach and Naruto in my fav mangas.
    Yeah, the overall lack of bishoujo in One Piece is definitely refreshing. None of the admirals have flowing blond hair and sparkling eyes. And Dragon is one ugly dude.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt FT was just really boring the only part I liked was that girl who could use different kinds of armor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm what do I say.. You don't like O.P. go read Naruto...

Or everyone has an opinion, just some are WRONG!
    Something like that...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malgranda View Post
    It is pointless to quarrel about tastes.
    Exactly. People have different tastes. U can't put urs above everyone's else.

Whether ppli like OP or not is irrelevant to me. But mocking OP is different..

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Erimia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"It's the best manga out there, thought it's slow at the beginning, go read it!"

it is kinda meh at the beginning, especially the anime, but once you get to a certain point, you can't put it down.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erimia View Post
    "It's the best manga out there, thought it's slow at the beginning, go read it!"

it is kinda meh at the beginning, especially the anime, but once you get to a certain point, you can't put it down.
    Actually I think thats because Oda's pacing got faster as he went along, when I first read the manga I thought the pacing was pretty awesome, but once I'd caught up to the latest chapters around the end of CP9's arc, I started rereading One Piece again but was thinking that the early chapters were "meh" and "slow" too, but I think it's just that Oda's pacing of the story has gotten different since he began.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell them to rank their favorite manga, and if none of the following are mentioned within the first 5 I ignore their opinions on everything. Forever.

The List:

Berserk
    Claymore
    HunterxHunter
    Vagabond
    Yu-Yu Hakusho
    Gantz
    Dragonball
    Death Note
    Outlaw Star
    Black Lagoon
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto (It better not be the first thing out of your mouth though)
    Akira
    Planets
    Vinland Saga
    Ghost In A Shell
    Trigun
    Ikigami
    Helsing

Brownie Points for mentioning Lupin III

Oh, and if you dare to mention Bleach I may actually pray for your soul.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; October 05, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member belle_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

well,everyone have their own interests, and this includes manga too. so,it is normal if somebody doesn't like one piece. and just ignore those who doesn't appreciate the greatness of one piece like us do. you cannot tell other ppl to shut up just because they don't like one piece but you do.
    ask them to give one piece a try. me myself for instance,doesn't even have the desire to watch one piece but i give it a try since my guy friends & brother kept bugging me to watch,so i did. the first episode doesn't even interest me,but as i kept watching,i dunno since when it started, and guess what,one piece is my top favourite manga & anime now

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Captain Kidd's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You must not read a lot of manga for One Piece to be your favourite.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member belle_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

erm,i do read a lot of mangas including naruto & bleach,yet one piece is still my fav

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member no_regretsYSL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mashimashilove View Post
    i say, "i hated it too the first time i read through it. i couldn't even stomach three chapters. but then i went back again and fell in love with it. now do the same!" >

that's only for the manga though- i don't really like the anime. the voices of the characters annoy me. xD
    I was kind of like this as well but I got into One Piece manga around the the 500 cap ( I discovered it around the 300 cap, but was already so far behind I've never looked back). For the anime however I remember the first episode on Fox Channel 8 (lol) dubbed by that one company everyone loathes. I thought it was terrible, the intro song, and the fact that it was so kiddish, and this was before I saw Luffy take on the Marines. But I would personally go back to these people and say what my friend told me, that is, "watch the subbed version, its so much bloodier and the series it self has some outrageous action. Not to mention theres a part where this guy throws an entire house.." I'm sure they'll be a little more swayed after that.
    Last edited by no_regretsYSL; October 05, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Often I find myself playing a little game called "What are the odds?"

Life long member of the "I hate smileys because all you do is look like a sarcastic !@#$%^&" group aka. "Words Are Stronger Than Punctuation"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I say :"Burn in hell, after beeing poisoned 50 times"
    well actually I say:
    "go read "insert link here" that I'm a bit lazy to wright it all over again" haha
    Cause if I try to explain they won't ear, so I just have to download the eps into their PC and press play ^^!!
    Last edited by beastboy; October 10, 2009 at 07:16 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Freakzin's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a huge dragonball fan (kid goku) and all shonen weird though strong heroes. Watchin the FIRST ep. already got OP at high ranks for me. Reading the manga was what really made it number 1.

Most of my friends don't like OP, is because they don't have the capacity or just don't like reading manga. Since they have as their utmost favorite THE FIGHT SCENES and MOVEMENT, they prefer animes. And OP anime has slow movement fights compared do Naruto and Bleach, but then it's just taste. I prefer OP fights.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast