Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member slippy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you say to people who hates One Piece?

Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    I tell them to rank their favorite manga, and if none of the following are mentioned within the first 5 I ignore their opinions on everything. Forever.

The List:

Berserk
    Claymore
    HunterxHunter
    Vagabond
    Yu-Yu Hakusho
    Gantz
    Dragonball
    Death Note
    Outlaw Star
    Black Lagoon
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto (It better not be the first thing out of your mouth though)
    Akira
    Planets
    Vinland Saga
    Ghost In A Shell
    Trigun
    Ikigami
    Helsing

Brownie Points for mentioning Lupin III

Oh, and if you dare to mention Bleach I may actually pray for your soul.
    I kind of take this approach too, but I also see if they list off animes only shown on adult swim. Then I know they only watch bad, dubbed animes. And yes, Lupin is awesome

--I know you were talking about manga but I don't know many people that read manga ;o
    Last edited by slippy; October 10, 2009 at 04:05 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jokey's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

people have their own opinions... i just feel sorry for them to not be able to experience the enjoyment, thrill, excitement etc of reading one piece... i've been reading it for 9 years now... and this manga has never dissapointed me... unlike naruto which is getting kinda predictable...

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about OP is the variety in it ,2 many stories with one plot "chase your Dream" which is an excellent one seeing how Oda gives us many characters and how each one is pursuing his own dream,also the fights in one piece are super,each fight for luffy or any of the SH crew has a different finishing move not a single finishing move is repeated in any of the major Fights for all characters,while in Naruto,Bleach its always the same which makes u bored of the fights and events in them,why does it always have to be rasengun or getsugathenchu or w/e its called,naruto and ichigo keeps practicing hard and evolving so they only could finish the fight as they always do, especially naruto,i used to love naruto and bleach the way i love one piece but never have they reached one piece level of story,fights and most certainly Characters.

In my opinion naruto and bleach are for kids and guys under 16-17 because they have more hitting than a true good story and they show more brawn and bad guys as some1 said,but once u get to know one piece u`ll see what badazz means :P,when it comes to story and lifestyle Full Metal Alchemist and one piece rulz but thats just my opinion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i dont give a damn whether they hate it or not! I love it!!! typical replies: 'ahh man thats for kids' 'OP is rubbish, Naruto is the sh*t', 'i dont get OP'!

Dumb ignorant mothaf*ckas!!!

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people don't like it : they have read some chapters and don't find it interesting for different reasons they involve and they did not continue reading it. Nevertheless, I think we will never see someone who has read all what is already published and who hates One Piece. I don't see how someone that reads only some chapters can hate One Piece : he just skips this manga and that's all.

I think we can find two kinds of people that do not like One Piece :
    - the ones that are fond of Naruto and Bleach and prefer when it looks like these mangas :
    - some adults, older people that are not interesting in shounen mangas anymore because of their age and prefer other kind of mangas : acceptable.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; November 01, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

7. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether its hated a lot or not, i believe imo that One Piece will become (has become imo) one of those legendary manga's that everyone will look at in history!!!! The amount of stuff thats going its just immense!!!!! and its still the start for me hehehe Oda dont stop!!!!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    - the ones that are fond of Naruto and Bleach and prefer when it looks like these mangas :
    I like Bleach and Naruto, but that doesn't mean that i hate OP I like them all the three of them, each of these mangas has it's own strong points and weak ones anyway, and as some of people said, it's all about tastes ^^

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the book can turn readers off after a while because the author tries out different things (that can feel like "filler arcs" between the "major plot development stuff") and feels kind of uneven. Me and my brother both found the Enel arc rather boring for example, and it dragged on for a very long time. Ditto for the Moria arc, but it wasn't quite as bad. Then *Wham!* the readers get hit with something really fun again. Of course, tastes differ about which arcs they prefer.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I like Bleach and Naruto, but that doesn't mean that i hate OP I like them all the three of them, each of these mangas has it's own strong points and weak ones anyway, and as some of people said, it's all about tastes ^^
    I talk about the ones that complain because One Piece is not enough similar to Bleach and Naruto.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell them to rank their favorite manga, and if none of the following are mentioned within the first 5 I ignore their opinions on everything. Forever.
    I think you might have to ignore my opinions on everything forever then, ANBU4U. One Piece currently occupies the top 10 places on my favorite manga list. And why is One Piece not on your list? I hope it's because it was too obvious to mention.

Oh, and if you dare to mention Bleach I may actually pray for your soul.
    I'm afraid you might end up doing a lot of praying for a lot of people.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Question: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?
    Answer: Go jump in a fire :/
    No seriously, it doesn't matter if for some reason they don't enjoy reading it (or can't be bothered reading from the start because of the length) but hating it is different.
    Last edited by Gecko Moria; November 02, 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member slippy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZenoArmani View Post
    Me and my brother both found the Enel arc rather boring for example, and it dragged on for a very long time. Ditto for the Moria arc, but it wasn't quite as bad. Then *Wham!* the readers get hit with something really fun again.
    i can't believe how many people dislike the enel arc on this site. this arc was probably my favorite. but to each their own :P

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?

Lookin back on it, i think the water 7/enies lobby arcs were super duper!!! I enjoyed the the sky island/enel arc and thought they were really great! The TB arc was a total let down for me!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thriller Back was good but a lot people does not like it.
    We got Shichibukai Moria, we got the zombie idea, we got Zoro vs Ryuma (and we first believe Zoro lost, great job of Oda), we got Nightmare Luffy, we got Brook and Laboon story, we got Kuma's power, we got Captain John's treasure map, we got Zoro'sacrifice, we got Usopp vs Perona (with a strong sniper) etc ... People should read it again.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

my answers

1 i know rubber isnt cool but still...
    2 bleach is ok(not) but is sould be about reading as well not just looking at pics you know...
    3 grow a sence of humor
    3 i know you like it,i know you like it,i know you like it,i know you like it,i know you like it,i know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it,you know you like it.

ok, that worked. noone hate one piece!. not in my book.
    my manga reading list:
    one piece,hunter x hunter,toriko,Psyren,Beelzebub,Bakuman,Vagabond,Garaman,Historie,1/2 Prince.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh
    Thriller Back was good but a lot people does not like it.
    We got Shichibukai Moria, we got the zombie idea, we got Zoro vs Ryuma (and we first believe Zoro lost, great job of Oda), we got Nightmare Luffy, we got Brook and Laboon story, we got Kuma's power, we got Captain John's treasure map, we got Zoro'sacrifice, we got Usopp vs Perona (with a strong sniper) etc ... People should read it again.
    Not to mention it's got one of the most emotional flashbacks in the whole series, with Brook and the Rumbar pirates.

Most people I've met who don't like One Piece say they dropped it after a few chapters because the art isn't that great, Luffy is a childish rip-off of Mr. Fantastic (I hate it when people say this), the characters are annoying, etc. To those, I say: nothing.

The first couple of times I tried to convince them that while the art might not be top notch at the start, it gets better all the time, or that they should at least read a whole saga and witness at least some character/plot development before jumping to conclusions, but mostly that doesn't convince anyone. I don't feel the urge to waste my energy on being a fanboy, so I just let them stick with their Bleach and their Naruto.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast