Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you say to people who hate One Piece?

I tell them that I accept them since there is no such thing as a OP hater. It is simply a fan in denial. The have lost faith in Goda and it is up to me as a missionary to reedem their lost souls.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Super Sonic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

I only got into One Piece last summer so I don't share any of the hardcore fanboyism that many have for watching it for years...

I can certainly say that it has gone to shit and it is only around due to fan loyalty.

The current arc is a prime example of everything that is wrong with One Piece.

Having lived in Japan, I guess certain information is available there in contrary to everywhere else.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually used to be one of these people. So I can relate to some who don't like it. My biggest problem was crappy drawings, I'm a girl and had plenty of other series I thought were much better where one piece is mostly a male fan base, and the fact that one piece originally had horrible voice actors with a terrible dub when it first came to America (4Kids). I didn't give it a chance till one of my college buddies told me I had to check it out. I like a bit of drama mixed in and he told me to start with the Arlong ark. I kinda got hooked from there went back and watched the rest. Though I won't lie I have skipped a couple fillers episode wise and didn't start reading the manga till around Impel Down.
    Eight Down Two To Go

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12