Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doubles Tier List

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubles Tier List

This list is currently under construction. Latest update:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaoz; December 16, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doubles Tier List

I love doubles, so I thought I was going to love this topic...but the tier is horrible!!
    This is a lot more accurate, I think

SS Class
    Golden Pair

S Class
    Bunta-Jackal
    Shishido-Choutaroh

A Class
    Renji-Akaya
    Nioh-Yagyyu

B Class
    Inui-Kaidoh
    Gin-Kenya

C Class
    Fuji-Kawamura
    Jimmies
    Ishida-Kamio
    Chinen-Rin
    Amane-Kurobane
    Cancer-Hiyoshi
    etc

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, again like I said wasn't too sure in PoT how much team work really played into things but according to your post its a lot more important that just skill in singles. I tried to compare PoT tennis to real life tennis...and well it didn't work...not that I'm an expert on either subject. Also, edit...mixed some chars up...fixed now...

Also, I'll give this some more thought..and update the Tier list accordingly...for now I'll just go with yours as a starting point and hide mine.
    Last edited by Jyten; September 30, 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Minami/Higashitaka are getting severely underrated. They're at least B, and possibly A. I'd include Akazawa/Kaneda in C class as well. I think they're better than most of the pairs included on that list.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but Shishido and Ootori are not in the same league as Jackal and Bunta.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Nioh-Yagyyu>Renji-Akaya.

Nioh and Yagyuu probably couldn't(though they would have a shot) beat Renji.
    But they sure as hell can beat Akaya.

And they work better in doubles. Renji and Akaya don't really play doubles. It's more like Renji "tames" Kirihara. The Gentleman and The Trickster could probably figure something out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Sorry but Shishido and Ootori are not in the same league as Jackal and Bunta.
    I don't know about that. They did quite well against the Golden Pair until they Syncroed and since both Rikkaidai and Hyoutei doubles got rocked by Syncro...I can't say Rikkaidai doubles is that much better than Hyoutei doubles. Not enough information.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The Silver Pair...I dunno either. I think Jackal could probably just run around hitting everything back. Shishido might be able to catch Marui's myogi though.

Renji and Akaya are makeshift double for me, where Renji shows his full worth in a tennis game, killing everyone psychologically and Akaya finishes them. Yagyuu and Niou can think of something yeah.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata Fan View Post
    I think Minami/Higashitaka are getting severely underrated. They're at least B, and possibly A. I'd include Akazawa/Kaneda in C class as well. I think they're better than most of the pairs included on that list.
    About Jimmies, remember, they lost VS Kantoh's Golden Pair,and Golden Pair lost in Kantoh Final VS Yagyyu-Nioh
    And in Nationals, Jimmies lost VS Nagoya pair,who wasn´t good enough to play in SFs. And even the substitutes of the Nagoya pair who defeated Jimmies were completely destroyed by Rikkai.
    Maybe Jimmies could be in Rank B, but personally I think is too much

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yagyuu and Niou should be S class. There's a reason why they were Doubles 1 in the Kanto Finals. I also think the Akaya and Renji pair should be S class because with just skills, they can defeat almost any pair. For example, I think Renji and Akaya can return the Scud Serve seeing as how they can return the Waterfall quite easily, so I think they can beat the Silver Pair. And Renji and Akaya are some of the strongest players in POT.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonphantom View Post
    I think Yagyuu and Niou should be S class. There's a reason why they were Doubles 1 in the Kanto Finals. I also think the Akaya and Renji pair should be S class because with just skills, they can defeat almost any pair. For example, I think Renji and Akaya can return the Scud Serve seeing as how they can return the Waterfall quite easily, so I think they can beat the Silver Pair. And Renji and Akaya are some of the strongest players in POT.
    Akaya isn´t even in TOP 10, (remember, Seigaku Big 3, Rikkai Big 3, Shiten Big 3 and Atobe).
    And if Kikumaru, the man with the best vision and even able to return Yagyyu's Laser Beam, couldn´t stand an chance against Neo Scud Serve, I seriously doubt any other player, except TOP 10 can return it. And return it enough times to break Ootori serve...man, sounds really dificult.Take into account that Golden Pair in Super Saijan mode couldn´t return it...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And if Kikumaru, the man with the best vision and even able to return Yagyyu's Laser Beam, couldn´t stand an chance against Neo Scud Serve, I seriously doubt any other player, except TOP 10 can return it. And return it enough times to break Ootori serve...man, sounds really dificult.Take into account that Golden Pair in Super Saijan mode couldn´t return it...
    The only reason why Golden pair couldnt return a neo scud in syncro mode, is cuz syncro meant they are syncronized in play, and put of a wonderful double display. They cant just go into syncro and return a scud, they have limits too. Neo Scud serve and laser beam are different though, the laser beam was rather low and straight, while with neo scud, u had to predict where it would land and return it since it bounces straightaway. Its probably more powerful too I guess.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    The only reason why Golden pair couldnt return a neo scud in syncro mode, is cuz syncro meant they are syncronized in play, and put of a wonderful double display. They cant just go into syncro and return a scud, they have limits too. Neo Scud serve and laser beam are different though, the laser beam was rather low and straight, while with neo scud, u had to predict where it would land and return it since it bounces straightaway. Its probably more powerful too I guess.
    And this is really what I wanted to understand in PoT, how much does team work really count for? I mean could Sanada + Yuki beat the Golden Pair?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably, i mean theyre good enough players to at least know how to play doubles. They probably will win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Akaya isn´t even in TOP 10, (remember, Seigaku Big 3, Rikkai Big 3, Shiten Big 3 and Atobe).
    Well how would you explain Renji and Akay returning the Waterfall...It's only a little bit slower than the Neo Scud Serve...and they returned it quite easily. Akaya would defeat most players like they were nothing. He's better than most of the players in the show. He gave Fuji a hard time so that should account for a lot...and that was before Devil Akaya. And dare I talk about Renji?....Kirihara/Renji Pair is a very good pair that can probably play very evenly with the Silver Pair...seeing as how the Inui/Kaidoh pair did well against the Silver Pair and they got killed by Kirihara and Renji....

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast