Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's behind Gantz and Aliens

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gantz is against Aliens/Robots, and Aliens/Robots against Gantz; Earth is a battlefield

21 29.58%
  • Aliens are Gantz too, and Robots are a new threat to Earth

5 7.04%
  • Robots/Aliens are unknown and Gantz is working for Earth

11 15.49%
  • Aliens/Robots innocent, Gantz bad....

3 4.23%
  • It's all a game.

15 21.13%
  • I give up.

16 22.54%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

^

It's not resurrection. Don't have to be a God to be a massive dickhead and not explain the rules. Everyone uses rewards. They attack aliens for sport. Lists have been used for rules since the dawn of time. Lists are fantastic.

Don't think Oku believes in God. Everything we've seen so far has been pretty much explained by some form of technology. Doubt there's a God. God doesn't need to trap nude men inside of his large, black balls in order to perform miracles.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Annunaki aliens are behind the Gantz tech and used the Gantzers to wipe out the random aliens that remained on Earth because they want to use the humans as slaves.

I also think that they are the ones communicating with the fat German girl.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Fantastic. So how does wiping out some random aliens and not others helps? And how does leaving the Gantzers alive help anybody?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^

Maybe they want to just neutralize the human population so that they are not a threat in big numbers.

They want to leave as little humans as possible because they can be threatening in numbers?

Just a thought.

Also they named their ship after Tokyo. That must mean that they are somewhat familiar with the planet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at todays gantz chappter i think its the giant human/horse aliens. Their weapons are like gantz and the zoo with all kind's of aliens there makes sense on where gantz gets aliens from.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Looking at todays gantz chappter i think its the giant human/horse aliens. Their weapons are like gantz and the zoo with all kind's of aliens there makes sense on where gantz gets aliens from.
    I don't know, normally the alien of Gantz are very different from those that are in the zoo . I bet the Statue Aliens and Nuri and his army could destroy that spaceship easily.

I think some aliens are Gantz made or are "earthlings" living in another dimension like The Onion aliens, the chibi aliens,Nuri and the yokai, dinosaurs etc... And Others do come out from outerspace like , the Budhas/Statues(I believe they must be some "parasite" that takes control of statues) and the Oni

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I had been browsing this forum for some time throughout my following of the Gantz story and I have a rather solid theory that potentially could outweigh Oku's attempts to be forge a feeling of unpredictability and consequently realism.

The signal could not be omitted from an alien to an alien biologically, they all function so drastically different I find the plausibility of a natural signal aliens can pick up on to be highly suspect; it is fair to assume that the aliens were under the Gantz ruleset just as much as the humans were. You getting me?

They were forced to fight, as is evidenced by the shorty alien who cried in his last moments at Kurono's school; this is the basis of my theory. They capture aliens as proven by their own home, and then set them off to engage in Gantz as a form of whatever. Testing? Amusement? Perhaps to see the viability of their targets and their sentiency? It is highly likely Sebastian is an alien's avatar, agent, or even a created experiment to keep in touch with and moderate such an occurence.

A signal that an alien could pick up must be from Gantz tech to other Gantz tech. But since humans cannot see signals and are forced to fight a plethora of opponents, it is equally fair to assume the aliens were engineered to fight more than the humans were; different rulesets between the two sides.

All a fair assumption, as Katastrophie has some link to the aliens.

Further clarifications in my overdue edit:

One of the very very few things Gantz does right is weaving a masterful tapestry of realistic believability and utter bullshit, and the offset between the two will work to confuse you in a way that only real life's own vagueness can. It's a smart way to immerse readers.

But even if you have some hints you are understandably misinterpreting, you couldn't entirely suss it out even if you got them down right - there'd still be some information we haven't gotten yet. And it's the series ability to confuse the readers which creates this inability to distinguish between theorizing and rationalizing.

For one, even if you figure out the puzzle pieces you have, if there's a big bit of the picture missing and you can't find the pieces you will not stitch it back together; sorry. Sebastian and Gantz are the biggest anomalies. We do not know who sent that signal, be it the aliens attacking or some other asshole who meant to give us a means to fight back. We do not know who Sebastian is, or who put Katastrophie there, only that who or whatever did - be it the opponents or someone else - was entirely aware of what's going to happen.

This is a series with materializing H-Guns and Masamune type blades, so you must also call into question the authors over commitment to sci fi horror at the expense of making sense. But we also know he takes breaks and has time to plan things, and is likely cutting corners.
    Last edited by Sat; September 17, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

How does your theory account for the statue aliens, the Oni aliens and the vampires?

Who says the alien 'signals' are natural? I don't think that they are. Could just as easily be a device similar to the bombs planted inside the aliens head that drives them to fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything related to gantz could come from the giant aliens and the aliens could be monitoring earth as a strange form of entertainment?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    There's a few reasons why the aliens are unlikely to have manufactured the Gantz technology:

- The aliens should have detonated the bombs in all of the players when they went to invade.
    - Their weapons and technology are advanced, but they don't seem quite up to the standard of Gantz technology. Their guns are inferior to the Gantz guns, for example
    - The spray that they used on humans to remove their clothing and other items was ineffective on the Gantz technology. If they built it they should have been able to get rid of it, and if they couldn't they shouldn't have left the Gantzers to roam free.
    - Their armor is shit. The Gantz weapons ruin them pretty quickly. As far as exoskeletons go the aliens seem to have inferior technology.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

sebastian and nuri had to be familiar with each other...the same exact quotes nuri said to kato is the same thing sebastian said to kenichi..."do you feel the presense of god"and"what shape would god take".to me,that is to much of a coincidence...sebastian might be an alien or even a gantzman himself...one who needs no ball to make things occur.seeing sebastian do what he did to the old lady/car/plane...makes me wonder if the tokyo ball was hand picking certain people to become gantzers....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

But he also mentioned what Inaba and Kurono once said in the room...relatives to them too?

I think he knew what they said and just repeated their words.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you're right...but it's as if it was a prepared speech of a sort.it's just funny the strongest alien we've seen...spewwing over religion and god.it makes me wonder if the previous aliens WERE humans...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ownage404's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    sebastian and nuri had to be familiar with each other...the same exact quotes nuri said to kato is the same thing sebastian said to kenichi..."do you feel the presense of god"and"what shape would god take".to me,that is to much of a coincidence...sebastian might be an alien or even a gantzman himself...one who needs no ball to make things occur.seeing sebastian do what he did to the old lady/car/plane...makes me wonder if the tokyo ball was hand picking certain people to become gantzers....
    yea i just recently found tht relation
    Sebastian to me at least, looks alot like Gantz in many ways without the hair. Also what i noticed, when Sebastian disappeared it was exactly the same way Gantz would transfer people(going from head down to the toes). Am I right?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusomaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right. What's more is Gantz left his sphere before we met Sebastian and we didn't see him again until after Sebastian transferred away.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast