Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 14, 15 and 16 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 14, 15 and 16 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Quote:
    (Sherlock)

I thought Momos wrist was just injured...annd in that 7 chapters, there was only like a few hour - 1 day gap.

By the way, I am surprised Richard can still walk.

If each losers and winners had their own lineups, I would bet on this(I'm going with S4 to D4 because there are simply too many awesome players.)

Winners:
    S4-Akutsu(Or Krauser)
    S3-Atobe(Or Shiraishi)
    S2-Tezuka
    S1-Yukimura
    D1-Kirihara/Krauser
    D2-Marui/Jirou
    D3-Fuji/Mizuki
    D4-Kikumaru/Yagyuu

Losers
    S4-Momo"I can read you"shiro
    S3-Sanada
    S2-Hiyoshi(He WILL get plot hax. I'm telling you)
    S1-Echizen.
    D1-Richard/Kadowaki(BEST.DOUBLES.EVER.)
    D2-Inui/Renji is a given. I actually think Renji dropped out on purpose so he could be paired with Inui.
    D3-Kaidoh/Jackal
    D4-Oishi/Niou(Because I want to see Oishi/Niou vs Kikumaru/Yagyuu)
    Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; October 03, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Higashitaka. At least Kadowaki got an amusing loss.

I still can't believe Chinen actually won.

It looks like things are getting interesting. I wonder just how insane the losers workout is going to be.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

what's kintarou and echizen going to do with the losers??? are they like going to at least win a set from either of them???

and am i correct to assume kintarou and echizen won against their respective opponents???

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bradz22 View Post
    what's kintarou and echizen going to do with the losers??? are they like going to at least win a set from either of them???

and am i correct to assume kintarou and echizen won against their respective opponents???
    Nope, Echizen and Kintarou were off fighting high schoolers when their matches were supposed to occur. Hence they most likely defaulted their matches and were put in with the losers group. The opening page of Chapter 16 shows Chitose with the winners so I assume that was indeed the case.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still looking over that training that the players are supposed to do, that's just insane. I know that most of them are already in ridiculous shape as it is, but that list just takes it to another level. Maybe some day I'll try it out just to see how far I can get in 6 hours.

Ignorance is bliss.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's even more ridiculous when you consider that all of the high schoolers can apparently do all of that in three hours. o.O

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Thanks for all your time and effort to bring the New Prince of Tennis to us fans. I've become a fan of PoT's Konomi because of his refined narrative style, the physical beauty of his characters and his keen fashion sense. I wonder if he's a fashion illustrator or something bec the clothes have good draping, the hairstyles are so varied yet still suit the characters. He has depth and subtlety that i do not find in other mangakas. I've read Musashi's Book of Five Rings and I've seen some of his "heiho" in PoT esp the mada mada dane. Although the balls defy physics, one doesn't get the feeling of being talked down to because PoT has minimal silliness in character relationships. I like the contrast between Kinchan's ebullience and Ryoma's reserve. Thanks for doing justice to KT's work. Great job!
    I'm a manga newbie and still haven't touched naruto, bleach and one piece bec their line art just doesn't appeal to me. yet..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What I like about the training exercise is that is the clear way of saying "Prince of tennis doesn't happen in anything related to the real world, humans in this world have super powers"

I know this was supposed to be obvius before wtih all the bizzare shot.

But it was always in my view that it could be metaphoric.

Any human doing that training everyday and then playing tennis I think would die in a week? much more younge people

What annoys me is that at least in the anime (i don't remember the manga i have them confused at this point) real players are named and games between "profesionals" are played. And at least in the game showed between profesionals nothing super special happened. i mean if we assume this guys really do what it seems, and really institute people are like that. Then Pro players should be able to instant kill a guy wtih a ball and a racket and players and balls move at speed of light.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, the guy at the back of the bus who says shouldnt we be fking pissed about this, isnt that Shishido, not Hiyoshi?

Also, does anybody else think that the first string players who are currently in Korea are made up of players from first, second and third court? I mean, otherwise, where the hell will they fit in when they come back? And Irie and Kazuya are probably kept behind for some random reason
    Last edited by Bowser; October 04, 2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would assume that Court 1-16 are all second string players. There's probably another set of courts for the first string players to use.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Btw, the guy at the back of the bus who says shouldnt we be fking pissed about this, isnt that Shishido, not Hiyoshi?
    It could be. I couldnt tell if that was hair or a cap. It looked kinda like Hiyoshi's hair to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But a page or two before, you could see Hiyoshi sitting next to Gakuto? The probability of it being Hiyoshi is 0%

http://www.onemanga.com/New_Prince_of_Tennis/16/008/
    Last edited by Bowser; October 04, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Little Princess's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be Shishido. If I'm not mistaken, there are four Hyotei players on the 'loser side': Gakuto, Kabaji, Shishido and Hiyoshi. Since Hiyoshi is sitting with Gakuto and I seriously doubt Kabaji would have that kind of reaction (even if he's being separated from Atobe *giggles*) the only one left is Shishido and, let's face it, having a go at everybody when pissed off IS a very Shishido-like thing to do....

On a side note, it's heartbreaking to see Kikumaru and Ohtori's faces when the bus containing their beloved partners leaves. It really is, as they said, a very bitter experience for both winners and losers and I fear that this kind of psychological training is only going to get tougher.

Another side note: I did find it curious the fatherly way in which that trainer-guy (sorry, I forgot his name!) puts his arms around Echizen's and Kin-chan's shoulders...I know that they've been put with the losers since they defaulted their matches but, somehow I can't help but to think they'll be getting an even more special training than the rest. Don't ask me why...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Another side note: I did find it curious the fatherly way in which that trainer-guy (sorry, I forgot his name!) puts his arms around Echizen's and Kin-chan's shoulders...I know that they've been put with the losers since they defaulted their matches but, somehow I can't help but to think they'll be getting an even more special training than the rest. Don't ask me why...
    He's the mental coach..mental strength being the most important aspect of tennis it's no surprise. He can see potential in them...and I'm pretty sure Kazuya and Oni let him know of their abilites firsthand since they didn't arrive with the rest of them. Oni and Kazuya probably also told him about Sanada's Black Samurai (my own name lol) mode. Those three above all, and perhaps Kaido will get lots of attention at this camp.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen, Kintarou and Sanada are a given. If you don't see their potential as a coach, you're pretty much an idiot lol. As for Kazuya and Oni giving the run down, I agree. I believe Echizen and Kintarou were defeated, which is why their opponents were nowhere to be found, and that they also gave Saito their thoughts on Sanada based on what they saw.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast