Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Raruto Sisepuede Chapter 01

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leecherboy's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Raruto Sisepuede Chapter 01

So, here's the first chapter of Raruto's part two!

You can get it here:
    Megaupload
    Sendspace

Enjoy!

(The chapter doesn't have a glossary right now, because I couldn't get in touch with Jesulink to confirm it, so when he gets back at me, I'll release a version 2 with the glossary. Not that there's much to explain, but still).
    Last edited by leecherboy; October 06, 2009 at 04:33 AM.
    Raruto Sisepuede season 2 started a while ago!
    On an entirely unrelated note, if you like Queen's Blade, you can now try the fan-made game QB Battle programmed by yours truly! Regular updates at my site.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Aka_Kaze's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raruto Sisepuede Chapter 01

That will be fun ^^

Just do your best, do everything you can The Middle by Jimmy Eat World

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate leechers because they just download from my torrents and don't seed at all, and because they don't show any appreciation for my cleanings and scanlations, but leecherboy is an exception

Not really in the mood to read it in English, I read it last week in Spanish already, and I still gotta finish cleaning that damn long chapter of Code:Breaker, but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by unok-kun; October 04, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

what an awesome chapter!!!;D

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Added the glossary and edited the first post.
    The new names aren't as random as I thought, maybe I am losing my touch? (lol)
    On an entirely unrelated note, if you like Queen's Blade, you can now try the fan-made game QB Battle programmed by yours truly! Regular updates at my site.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I've downloaded it and... what the heck did you do to the pages?

Maybe I've grown a bit obsessed with quality since I became a scanlator, but leaving the JPEG artifact aside (which is there even in the original PDF in Spanish), it's obvious that you resized up the pages. It's not that given the drawing style in Raruto, it deserves the highest quality, of course, but this is overdoing it... or rather, underdoing it.
    Last edited by unok-kun; October 06, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Just what are you talking about? I'm comparing the original chapter and my release side by side, and I'm having a hard time finding differences. I'll admit that the lines in the original are clearer, but it wasn't intentional and it's not really something that tragic, and they both have the same size, so there's no obvious resizing here.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The lines are jagged, or aliased, or whatever you want to call it, and I can't compare right now to the original, but it seems to me like a resize without interpolation. Anyway, the problem in the first place is Jesulink's JPEG artifact... Guess I have to show him that PNG with save for web is a lot better and a lot smaller than JPEG. But I don't know if it can be saved in PSD when the original images are PNG... Gotta try it.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Big THX! Man, we waited so loooong for Raruto part 2, and here it is Can't wait to read, once more big THX! xD
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was months without reading Raruto, and now that the season of 5E ended and I was bored (and I didn't feel like cleaning), I thought I'd catch up, and compare your translation too. I'm still not all that good at English, hard as I try, but I've noticed a few things.

/nitpicky mode on

Page 4 - "And I made a party in it some weekend", not last.
    Page 7 - "Do you get a big salary? / I get shit". I think that'd express the same and sound more natural. And no need to change it even.
    Page 10 - "So I won't give you any handicaps"... That's weird, I'd have always thought handicap only meant a disadvantage, but dictionary.com says it can also be an advantage... Anyway, that'd sound kinda confusing, to me at least :/
    Page 11 - "But Kaka! What about the connections?". Hm, in this case I'm not so sure, favourites works fine...
    Page 16 - "Look, it's Tom's corpse! The sand brought it here!" ("carried to here" sounds awful to me)

New Reply