Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What Happened to Priscilla?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • She was Killed

1 6.25%
  • Raki told her to get to saftey

0 0%
  • She's Hiding

3 18.75%
  • She's gone to fight the Destroyer

7 43.75%
  • She ran away to keep herself from hurting Raki

4 25.00%
  • I don't care

1 6.25%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 96 Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 96 Review

Claymore Chapter 96- Desirous Gaze- Review.

First off lets get the poll results for last chapter. I asked what was happening to Alicia. Seven people said she's awakening, six believe she's reverting to human form, only one person believes she's being drained with Beth, and two believe that she's also being taken over. As for what the answer was... We don't know. Alicia and Riful didn't show up at all in this chapter. Maybe we'll find out next chapter. As for what we did get this chapter...

The Players-

Claire, Helen, and Deneve- Yay they survived! To bad for them it's not over yet.

Cynthia and Yuma- They have managed to stumble into a very bad place. I really worry about them next chapter.

Raki- Well He's doing better than Beth... And where did Priscilla go?

The Men In Black- No not Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. The guys who work for the Organization. The sooner someone starts carving them into pieces the better.

Beth- The Organizations current number two and one half their ultimate weapon. Well not anymore...
    Mad Weapons Researchers

We start with a MIB who looks like two face talking about how great the Destroyer is. About how it has no emotion, no hunger, it just exists to destroy. That it is the perfect weapon. Unfortunately they can't capture it for study. As for the cat girls, they need one that is still alive for study. Again, difficult, especially since they don't have Alicia and Beth at hand. But it seems they've found something interesting in a nearby village...
    The Organization has seen the Destroyer and begun drooling. They honestly think that this is the perfect weapon they've been looking for all this time. Now personally I think a perfect weapon is something you can control and use selectively. The Destroyer seems to run into the same problem a nuke or plague bomb would. The fallout spreading and affecting you own populace. Of course capturing the Destroyer, or even one of the Cat girls is not going to be an easy task. But it seems something has turned up...

Raki in Distress-

It seems that a survivor has been found in a destroyed town. And who should it be but Raki, with a couple of parasitic rods sticking out of his arms. And he does not look happy to see the MIB. But they are very happy to see him. As two face point's out, this gives them the opportunity to acquire a live specimen from the destroyer. Two face also wonders how Raki is resisting being taken over by the rods. He hopes that it isn't something boring like force of will, and orders that Raki be taken to the organizations headquarters.
    Well the Organization is doomed. If there is one thing I have learned from years of Anime and Video Games, it's that when the bad guys mess with the love interest, they have signed their own death warrants. It doesn't matter if you become a super god that exceeds all other things ever, you are going to get crushed. On another note, when the spoilers first came out their was a lot of speculation that Raki was some sort of experiment from the org. But the chapter makes it clear that they are referring strictly to the sisters who have become the Destroyer. The last interesting thin is that Raki does not seem to like the MIB. Yeah, he's in pain from the rods, but it still looks like me that he is glaring at the MIB with pure hatred. Well Raki probably knows more than a little about what the Organization is really like, so it makes sense. Of course there is also the question of what happened to Priscilla, which is the poll for the month.

The Unlucky Duo-

Meanwhile Cynthia and Yuma sense the Yoki of another warrior. Unfortunately that would be Beth, who still has the huge rod sticking out of her. Yuma want's to help, but Cynthia tell her that there is nothing they can do. Unfortunately Beth has seen them, and she seems to be awakening. Well anyways her head gets pulled into her body, and the rod transforms into a terrifying combination of a Catgirl and Alicia's awakened form. It then grows a whole bunch of blades and shreds the landscape.
    And now we see what happens to a Claymore that gets drained by the rods. The resulting Catgirl will have traits from the hosts awakened form. To make matters worse, Beth-kitty can grow her blades from all over her body. And who knows how long it will take her to run out of energy. As for Beth I'd say she's dead. Her head seems to have been consumed, and really all her body seems to be is a vestigial growth on the main body. It may turn out to still have some importance, possibly as a energy source, but I doubt it. This really looks bad for Cynthia and Yuma. The two would have no chance even if they weren't already tired out, and I don't think they can outrun this thing. Unless some serous help shows up, they are dead meat.

No Rest-

Claire, Helen, and Deneve have managed to survive. They managed to kill half the cat girls The other half ran out of power. So Helen is feeling pretty glad that they are still alive. Too bad Claire and Deneve have to tell her that the Destroyer is getting ready to shoot off more. Seems that it won't give up as long as either it's alive, or something else is.
    We get to see the aftermath of Claire, Helen and Deneve's fight, and while they won, their exhausted, and as it turns out, that was just round one. Who knows how many more rounds of those spikes the Destroyer can shoot off. This makes it clear that unless something can be done about the Destroyer itself, fighting the Cat girls is just wasting your time and energy. But how the hell is anyone going to get close to it, and how are they going to destroy it when they do? I suspect that we may find out where Priscilla has gone, and that she will be the one who saves someone. Even if she has been starving herself, she's still very powerful, and she can fly to the top of the Destroyer.

In Conclusion-
    A lot of developments this month. We have Raki being captured by the organization in order to get a sample from the Destroyer. We have Cynthia and Yuma walk into a very bad situation. If the Catgirl decides to chase them, they are dead. And that's all there is to it. Since I really like the two of them, I hope something happens to save them. And we see that while Claire and co are alive, that may not last for much longer. I do have one complaint though. Yagi seems to be skipping over events a lot, and just showing us the aftermath. In this chapter alone it happened twice, once with the town Raki was in, and what happened to him and Priscilla, and then with the fight between the trio and the cat girls For Raki and Priscilla, it was probably done so we'd be asking where Priscilla is. I suspect we'll get a flashback for that. And really, just showing Claire and co killing all the cat girls would have gotten monotonous. But Yagi needs to keep from doing this too much. While it does help avoid the never ending fights that plague some shounen series, you don't want to skip over too much of the action either.
    Winner of the Month-

The Destroyer. It just keeps going, and spitting out cat girls, and is easily the biggest threat the entire series has ever seen. Claire, if you got some sort of super main character transformation, now would be the time to use it.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 96 Review

heh, I guess your eyes are meant to gravitate to the huge melons on the Destroyer from that angle...I wonder if they are soft and supple or hard like a rock.

Anyways, there is a lot happening but then at the same time, for a series that comes out once a month, I feel like not enough happened every month. This series is so frustrating!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@super angillis (great post) i totally agree with you on Raki's capture the organisation are going to regret ever taking him away cos when claire finds out. there's nothing that's gonna stop her from getting him back. furthermore Raki being infected with those spikes and being experimented on may actually helpe him evlve as a character.
    i dont see cynthia and yuma surviving their situation, we can only hope for a miracle (frankly i dont see that coming everybody that could save them is either too far away or laready have their own hopeless problems)

priscilla's dissapearnace is a mystery i am sure she is not dead afterall she is one of the driving motivations behind claire, and i'm sure that if she wouldn't have left Raki alone if she knew he got infected it must have happend after she left.

the MIB just pisses me off i too wish they would get slaughtered and preferably by claire, miria and the gang.

on another notei dont think claire should still keep her biff with priscilla afterall she is just a pawn and from what we have learned from claymore anyone is subceptable to awakening (claire as well she did kill her friend in back in the North) she should be more pissed off at the organisation for manipulating and creating yoma's in the first place then using innocent individuals for their experiments
    Last edited by urumi; October 04, 2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: add more

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli80 View Post
    heh, I guess your eyes are meant to gravitate to the huge melons on the Destroyer from that angle...I wonder if they are soft and supple or hard like a rock.

Anyways, there is a lot happening but then at the same time, for a series that comes out once a month, I feel like not enough happened every month. This series is so frustrating!
    I honestly did a double take when I first saw the picture that I used for the winner of the month. Is that a nip-slip, or part of the armor... thingy.. piece? I'm still not sure. Granted lots of AB's have nipples, but for some reason it seems extra wierd in this case.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member hongoasdf's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes the whole fantasy away from the concept of "Twins", huh?

Anyways... Someone posted in some forum (Don't remember where... maybe here) that this whole issue about Raki and Dent's desire for... experimentation will somehow develop into Clare having to kill Raki at some point of the story. My first reaction was "I pray to god that doesn't happen"... but after some thought, I realized that scenario would be perhaps as dramatic as the ending of the "Teresa of the Fain Smile" arc. Mind you, the drama of that particular moment is what made me want to read Claymore non-stop, so a second moment like it would be... climatic. I'm still not sure if I want it to happen, but it sure as hell would make the manga far more interesting (And sad).

About Cynthia and Yuma... The only party besides Miria & Co. who could (But probably won't) come to their rescue is Dietrich & Co. But seeing as she was the one who informed Miria about the situation, I doubt she could come to aid any faster than the rest of the ghosts. At any rate, even if they recieved help, they are still doomed. Organization Warriors, the group stationed in Rabona... I can't see any of them defeating this new... abomination.

If I recall correctly, Beth didn't have any "will", so Galatea's yoki manipulation might work on her (Assuming the former number three decides to leave the holy city), but Beth excelled at a form of yoki manipulation herself, so I doubt Galatea'd have it easy on that. Besides that, I don't see any hope for whoever faces Beth right now. At least no one unawakened.

I'm sure there was another point on which I wanted to comment, but I don't remember right now. I'll edit later.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the poll topic "what happened to Priscilla", but I find the options somewhat unsatisfactory... So I'll just ramble away here instead...

So, when the kitties appear in town, my guess is that Priscilla would have known that Raki isn't a match for them and would have tried to convince Raki to run away and not to fight them. At least, it seems that that would have been a smart thing to do, although Priscilla is rather the quiet type and so she may not have tried to convince him after all. In either case she would have failed, because Raki wouldn't run away and leave the people of the town to die.

I also don't think that Raki alone would have been able to defeat the two or more kitties that landed in the town. From what the MiB said, the kitties ceased their activity. That sounds as if they simply killed everyone in town and then stopped. It's possible that Raki was saved simply by the fact that he was infected - the kitties might no longer consider him a target to be destroyed but rather a valuable source of life energy for the spikes that are growing out of his shoulder.

So what happened to Priscilla? Let's rule out the obvious... She was not killed, and she did not run away. Raki probably told her to stay back while he fights the kitties, just like he's told her the same thing when he fought youma previously. She may or may not have followed that, maybe she interfered slightly to turn the fight to his favor, but from what the MiB said, it doesn't sound as if she had played a big role. If she had, I'm sure he would have said something like "tiny little shreds of the specimen are scattered all over town, we have no idea what could have happened to them!" or something like that.

So chances are, she stood by or tried to protect Raki a little, but he got infected anyway. Now, there are several things that could have happened then.

1) She said "Raki, this is so sad. It was so nice to have known you. Rest in peace" and went to do her own thing. I think this is somewhat unlikely, given that she was really fond of him...

2) She was still with him when the org arrived, but she realized that she couldn't help him whereas the org might be able to save him somehow, so she hid and let the org take him away. I think this is somewhat likely.

3) She saw that he got infected, lost herself, turned into her awakened form, and flew towards the merged being to defeat it. I think this would have been a likely scenario if Raki was dead, but I don't see Priscilla "awakening" and leaving him while he's still alive.

4) Through some magical insight, she determined that if she killed the merged being, Raki might be saved. So, without awakening, she went off to kill the merged being. I still find it hard to believe this one though.

5) Raki, having lost the fight but still in control of his senses, begged her to leave him and fight the merged being in order to put an end to this terrible destruction. Reluctantly, she left him, possible not until the org arrived, and is now heading towards the merged being to fulfill Raki's request (in return for a promise that he would wait for her and not give in to the spikes, most likely).

These are the only options I can really think of, and I think the last one is probably the most likely. So I guess in the poll I should probably vote for "gone to fight the destroyer", but I feel that that's really only part of the answer... Feel free to discuss...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest i couldnt think of anything other than priscilla going to fight the destroyer to explain her dissapearence, i cant say why she did it maybe she felt the destroyer was too much of threat to be left alone or maybe raki asked her to do it whatever the reason may be thats the only reasonoble scenario i could see.Priscilla is by far the strongest one on the island she could lose in power to the destroyer but since it has no sense of self even if it is a little stronger than her i bet she could still win, so priscilla dieing fighting those kitties is out of question, she wouldnt run because she wouldnt need to if claire and co managed to kill the kitties it would be a piece of cake for priscilla to do the same. It is really hard to make any sort of prediction with so much going on but i dont think alicia awakened, i think she reverted to her claymore form and might be trieng to make a deal with riful to kill her sister that just went on a rampage, priscilla is gonna fight the destroyer, lets face it there is no one else that stands a chance and if that thing keeps shoting kitties there wont be anyone else alive on the island.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good explanation from the point of the story line, but not necessarily from Priscilla's point of view ;-)

New Reply