Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week Golden 23 Goal 23,24,25 - Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goal 23, 24 - Discussions and Predictions

Partly, because I wouldn't mind Takasugi as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it Izawa's entrance is more fanservice than anything else. Was actually surprised Jito left, considering he looked quite well after his initial confrontation with the Danish Duo. Still, I was hoping for substitutions in the Japanese team to see some older characters in action.

The thing that disappointed me is the very superficial explanation of how Wakashimazu let that goal in. Were it any other keeper, a simple 'he got fooled by the forward's feint' would suffice, but I've always had a high opinion of Wakashimazu's abilities and this goal seems just too easy ... he didn't even move! And the last time he did that was against the Tornado Shoot, which I believe to be times more powerful than Haas' volley.

Anyway, I can see Matsuyama, Nitta or one of the futsal-combi scoring the next goal for Japan. Most likely an assist from Misaki
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Wakashimazu's thinking enough of an explanation? It's not a matter of power.
    And at point blank range...
    Last edited by Shinji; October 09, 2009 at 08:38 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Blabble's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    I take it Izawa's entrance is more fanservice than anything else.
    Well, if I remember correctly, he did a passcut in the match against Taipei, and it's also not the first time he's reconverted to a defender, for example, against Napoleon. Compared to Sorimachi becoming a defensive forward, that was more fanservice.

Actually, just go on reading, you'll find the biggest one yet. Which I won't spoil to ya.
    Last edited by Blabble; October 09, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if it's fanservice or not...

The most important about this chapter is...IZAWA WITH 2 PAGES, HELL YEAH!!1!!!ONEONE!11!!SHIFT+ONE!1!!!11

Anyway...I'm looking foward to see more futsal combis =], and some karate moves from Nitta xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping for Takasugi too.
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If something deserves to be called fanservice, it's Matsuyama being captain, a reminder of Jito's street fighting and the crowd of girls cheering for Misugi...

To me, Izawa getting in is more of a logical choice than fanservice, because in terms of defensive abilities, Izawa is clearly superior to anyone currently on the bench. We all should remember how better he did against Hamburg compared to Takasugi (who I believe is the next best choice in terms of defensive abilities).

The only bugging thing is Izawa's position, if he was indeed the best choice in terms of abilities, the centerback position is weird, so far even if Izawa showed some defensive abilities, it never was as a centerback. It needs some kind of explanation.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goal 23,24,25 - Discussions and Predictions

Hey Shinji, I just read the note.. It's better to be positive anyway, so I have 2 suggestions, one for you and one for..me & santabla I guess..For you, can you at least continue the quick summaries, or since you already did them in french can you provide an english version? That shall at least let us know what happened till now and it will cover the hold of scanlations. For us, I think it's time to fire up the corrections, if you Shinji agree to spend this time correcting.
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, first, because my goal isn't to summarize the manga. Second, I will still work on the scanlation, but on chapters that are ahead of this point, since I have the translation for them, so I won't have the time to do anything else. I just won't release them.

Right now it's on hold only because I'm missing the translations for the next 9 chapters which is very frustrating.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to know what r u planning..Actually I was thinking about taking a break then reading a bunch of chapters..Looks like this is what will happen..after you finish the next 9 you will release what you will scanlate now, right? Good luck..Anyway it's good to have time to discuss the overall G23 now, and maybe compare with past stuff..And if I find time I may go on with the corrections. Thanx 4 everything boss.
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    The only bugging thing is Izawa's position, if he was indeed the best choice in terms of abilities, the centerback position is weird, so far even if Izawa showed some defensive abilities, it never was as a centerback. It needs some kind of explanation.
    Yeah, i'm agree with you, but since Izawa is a Defense Mid Fielder, it's no big deal changing position into Center Back, i think would be more strange if he was playing like a Side Back or a Center Foward, for example.

By the way, there's a lot players in real life who can play both in Defense Mid Fielder Position and Center Back...

Edit: Ah yeah... Matsuyama had to change positions in the Sub-15 Tournament... Just like Izawa, he started as a Ofensive Mid Fielder, but then he started to play as a Centre Back and finally, as a Defensive Mid Fielder, so, again, it's no big deal changing from DMF to CB
    Last edited by Super Master; October 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, as the journalists said, there were better choices as defenders.

But I expressed my concern during Chapter 24. Chapter 25 gave a logical explanation as to why Kira choose Izawa, this way the defense can adapt itself to the opponent's attack, with Izawa switching from CB to DMF and DMF to CB.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I've been busy so I haven't been paying attention much to the forum. I noticed chapter 26 was on hold a while ago, and it still is. Can Shinji or someone explain again what is going on? When can we expect the normal release frequency again?

I'm in the process of moving out of the United States. So I'll be busy for a while but I do visit the forum every week to download the releases and glance at the discussions. Thanks Shinji for your dedication, and thanks all for sharing my love for CT.
    Last edited by angel1980; October 23, 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've explained it in the note included in the last released chapter, as well as in a comment in the latest release, as well as in a new in my homepage on mangahelpers.
    Guess I'll put it here as well:
    I'm sorry to inform you that the scanlation will be on hold until I can find Japanese to English translators who are willing to help.

I don't know when or if it will happen at all.

If you want more details, it has been a while since I was asking for help in the credits pages, while I've had a few helpful submissions (especially from beowulf), none of them lasted. Translation is really the hard part and people easily gets discouraged.
    As I've said a few post above, one frustrating thing is that I only lack the translation for a few chapters right now (I'm missing more, but they're waaaay, way ahead).
    Since I have the translation for chapters 35 to 108, I'm working on them, but I can't release them as long as the previous ones aren't done.

Yes, I could do it myself, but as I've said it's a very discouraging job. My goal is to catch up, so I'm working on what I can do *quickly* right now. Better for me to scanlate a bunch of chapters a week than barely translate one chapter.

I was seriously hoping for other groups to start scanlating the new chapters of CT since raw-paradise was releasing the raws, or at least getting translators interested in working on them, but I guess that my 3 years effort into making CT popular just failed in the end.
    Even the boards activity is decreasing like a Drive Shoot at the end of its course.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

lol

Shinji, if you ever feel like stopping, please don't..even if I - at least - start to pay you for going on..I noticed the decreasing activity and maybe I was part of it..Maybe most of us start here at some free time and appear very excited then just get busy & go back to life while going on downloading & reading the releases in silent.
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast