Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

Quote Quote:
    Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. But when her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, trying to make friends and talking to different people and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities. Slowly, but surely, a sweet love is blossoming between the two as they will overtake any circumstance or clear obstacles in their way
    I’m a huge fan of the manga, it’s one of my favs without a doubt and that’s why I’m so excited about the new anime of this wonderful shojo.

Here’s the Kimi Ni Todoke Official Trailer with subs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYMy...eature=related

The raw is already out. I took a peek at the raw and I can’t wait for it to be subbed. As for now all I say is that the opening and the ending, animation-wise and song-wise, really surprised me since I was kind of expecting something different.

So for all the Kimi fans out there and for people new to the story but that are interested in watching this anime, here’s a topic to discuss the episodes of this series.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 07, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

KimiTodo is near the top of my list for this season. Really looking forward to subs. Hopefully today or tomorrow, hopefully a good group will pick it up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    KimiTodo is near the top of my list for this season.
    Mine too. Since a new chapter of the manga is released once in a blue moon, I’ll finally get to find out what happens after chapter 16. I just hope the anime stays faithful to the manga.

Really looking forward to subs. Hopefully today or tomorrow, hopefully a good group will pick it up.
    I’m crossing my fingers for Eclipse to pick Kimi up, but I don’t know if they have.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping they don't do the same thing to Kimi they did to Soul Eater or FMA 1, 52 straight episodes with plot changes. I'd rather see them treat it more like Nodame; 26 episodes now, another 13 episodes in 2011, movies and further seasons when there are enough chapters. Kimi is already a popular enough manga to get multiple anime seasons.

Kimi is not Eclipses style. I expect, if they sub anything new this season, they will do Railgun or something like that.

Chapter 19 is out

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping they don't do the same thing to Kimi they did to Soul Eater or FMA 1, 52 straight episodes with plot changes.
    ITA! I don’t like when anime series start to change so much from the manga that in the end, the manga and the anime are two completely different series.

I'd rather see them treat it more like Nodame; 26 episodes now, another 13 episodes in 2011, movies and further seasons when there are enough chapters. Kimi is already a popular enough manga to get multiple anime seasons.
    I would like that very much too. In any case, I would rather for Kimi to have an open ending like Inuyasha and Skip Beat than having a concluding ending but very different from the manga.

Kimi is not Eclipses style. I expect, if they sub anything new this season, they will do Railgun or something like that.
    Well then I hope whoever picks Kimi up it’s a good subbing group.

Thank you so much for the link, Kaiten-kun!
    I wonder why onemanga hasn’t updated the new chapters into the Kimi topic yet…

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

You can check a few scans of chapter 39 here http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!IKF5BF...v=-1&next=8892 .

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

First sub is out!!

Episode 1 was spectacular!
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 08, 2009 at 08:24 PM.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1

The opening wasn’t bad, but I’m not a huge fan of it either. I guess I just got really used to the openings of Clannad:

Clannad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-zhIImKP5k

Clannad After Story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fQGHI3TwQ

And Ef-a tale of melodies:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoG-4...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4lMUy-zmTg (spoiler)

Where the opening is so much more than just an opening that I was expecting something similar for Kimi, so I did feel a bit disappointed when watching the opening. To be honest, I liked the promo/trailer even more than the OP.

About the songs, the OP song for some reason reminds me of Honey and Clover and I must say that it is growing on me.

I think they did a very good job selecting the seiyuus for the characters, I think the voices fit the characters very well. However, I have to admit that I was expecting a different voice for Chizu and I like it but not very much.

-Sawado doing her best and greeting Hirano and Endo was so hilariously adorable!!

-The moment Kaze called Sawako by her name instead of Sadako was so sweet. The animation expressing the emotions both characters felt and the music playing in the background were amazing! Great job!

-Loved the first meeting between Chizu, Yano and Sawako in the classroom. It was so natural and great. The best part was Chizu crying.

-"Super positive thinking". I love Kaze but him saying that made me love him every more. Kawaiii!!!

-Kaze and Sawako protecting each other was so touching.

-The last part of the episode reminded me so much of the meeting between Tomoya and Nagisa at the bottom of the hill in Clannad. Both meetings had great significance to the characters and to their lives.

I enjoyed watching this episode greatly and I can’t wait to watch the next one.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the test of courage so much I made a sig from it ^^

The chemistry between Kaze and Sawako is great. The studio did a great job finding very good actors who could convey that so well. To think Kaze is played by the same guy who did Ulquiorra and Rock is a bit strange, but he does a good job. I need to hear more Chizu before I decide, but as long as she sounds kind of brash I'll be fine.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 09, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but it left me wondering if the series as whole would be the same. What I mean is it was pretty basic romance stuff and was wondering if it gets better and different along the way?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what else could come. It's a school life story about an outcast girl making friends and learning to open up to people. It's very realistic, there's no big soap opera moments or high drama. Those moments are handled as quiet and personal. Expect a story more focused on the characters then the plot. The school life genre isn't rewritten, a lot of the things typical to the genre are present, a lot of the typical events happen. Kimi just does them better.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the test of courage so much I made a sig from it ^^
    Great sig, Kaiten-kun! And yes, the test of courage was awesome!! Sawako’s poses as the ghost were priceless!! And the part when Kaze got all shy because Sawako was staring at him was so sweet!!

The studio did a great job finding very good actors who could convey that so well.
    I completely agree. The seiyuus who play Kaze and Sawako respectively are doing a superb job portraying the feelings and emotions their characters go through in each scene.

To think Kaze is played by the same guy who did Ulquiorra and Rock is a bit strange, but he does a good job.
    I don’t know who Rock is but I sure know who Ulquiorra is and yes, I was utterly surprised to find out that Ulquiorra’s seiyuu is Kaze’s too. With his role as Kaze, Daisuke has proven to me just how amazing of a voice actor he is.

I need to hear more Chizu before I decide, but as long as she sounds kind of brash I'll be fine.
    I guess it’s because Chizu is kind of a tomboy that I was expecting another type of voice. Chizu sounded different in my head whenever I would read the chapters of the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    So I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but it left me wondering if the series as whole would be the same. What I mean is it was pretty basic romance stuff and was wondering if it gets better and different along the way?
    Well…it’s true than it focuses on romance; the main theme in a shojo is romance after all. But Kimi also focuses on friendship and the romance between the main characters doesn’t remain static but it evolves as the story progresses, so in my humble opinion, it does gets better and different with each chapter/episode.

It's very realistic, there's no big soap opera moments or high drama.
    I agree with Kaiten-kun. The events that happen in Kimi are handled in a very realistic way, which is why it isn’t surprising at all that at some point in the story many of the fans identify themselves with the characters and their actions.

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked episode 1 (thanks again for the link, Kaiten, and also of course the rec to read this manga in the first place ). I feel like the original spirit of the manga was retained nicely in the animation and the voice acting was done well. But I actually had the same reaction to Chizu's seiyuu that destiny did -- she didn't do a bad job, but her voice wasn't exactly what I've been imagining while reading the manga either. Man, I hate when that happens!

So far, I'm neutral on the OP and ED. Unless they grow on me quickly, these will probably be the type I fast-forward through. xD

Anyway, looking forward to more!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Des - chan and Goody; I didn't like the OP. The animation was good, the song was blah. Just hasn't stuck in my head. I skip ED's, didn't listen to it.

My other favorite moment from the anime, when Sawako describes Kaze as "100% pleasantness! No...he's made of pleasantness! VIZ's translation (niceness rather than pleasantness) flows a bit better, never the less a great line. I'm looking forward to seeing volume 2 animated. Just finished rereading it and loved that arc.

Quote Quote:
    I don’t know who Rock is
    One of the main characters from Black Lagoon. An unfathomably good action series
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 11, 2009 at 01:39 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Turns out Eclipse actually is subbing the series. They just subbed the first ep.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast