Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You (君に届け, lit. Reaching you)

I'll watch theirs as long as they sub episode 2 this week. They're definitely better then the first group, not so much better that I'll wait till next week for the next episode. They're speedsubbers so I have a feeling they will release right away.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    But I actually had the same reaction to Chizu's seiyuu that destiny did -- she didn't do a bad job, but her voice wasn't exactly what I've been imagining while reading the manga either. Man, I hate when that happens!
    ITA! She didn’t do a bad job but it wasn’t what I was expecting Chizu’s voice to be. This reminded me of another instance when something similar but a tad worse (at least for me) happened. I’m referring to Nel’s voice in Bleach. When Nel turned into a grown up woman and when she spoke for the first time, I really had a wft moment. . Her voice was so completely different from what I had imagined/expected it to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    The animation was good, the song was blah. Just hasn't stuck in my head.
    I’m actually fonder of the song than of the animation. Since it reminded me of Honey and Clover and I adore HnC, the song gained some points with me.

I skip ED's, didn't listen to it.
    You should watch the ED at least once, Kaiten-kun. It wasn’t amazingly great, but I must say that the characters (Sawako and Kaze) in the ED were drawn beautifully.

My other favorite moment from the anime, when Sawako describes Kaze as "100% pleasantness! No...he's made of pleasantness! VIZ's translation (niceness rather than pleasantness) flows a bit better, never the less a great line.
    That line is priceless without a doubt! My favorite translation of that line is terracannon’s: “He is a 100% refreshing.” ^_^

One of the main characters from Black Lagoon. An unfathomably good action series
    Thank you for the link, Kaiten-kun! It seems like an interesting series, I might watch it some day.

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Turns out Eclipse actually is subbing the series. They just subbed the first ep.
    Yay! I’m a big fan of their subs, although I have to say that freemoneysubs did a very good job with the first episode. I usually (depending on the quality of the subs) watch whichever comes first, and since FMS is doing a great job, I def. watch whichever is uploaded first on the site where I watch my anime.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately, this is probably the best anime in the season, seeing how everything else is moe crap, or just plain crap. This and DTB anyway

I like the lead, she's refreshingly likable without being tsun/yan/kuudere

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    I like the lead, she's refreshingly likable without being tsun/yan/kuudere
    I like Sawako very much too; she is very unique in my opinion, or at least I don’t remember another character like her in another manga/anime.

I especially like how everything is a first for her, so it’s cool to see her experiencing all these firsts with Kaze and her friends. ^_^

The mangaka makes a very good job “transporting” you inside the Kimi world and making you (the reader) live all these firsts with Sawako.

Episode 2 with FMS is out. They did a very good job with the subs the last episode so I’m going to watch episode 2 with their subs too. ^_^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to give this series a chance since the manga sells extremely well and Kaiten recommended it to me. This is my No.1 anime of the fall season so far. It has some amazing humor, the animation is nicely done, and I enjoyed the music. I also like the automatic start of the relationship of Sawako and Kaze, the chemistry is to good to be true and I love it. The best part of the first episode was when he was describing the characters of Sawako's name and what they mean (refreshing child), that was a touching moment. I have only watched the first episode and I plan to watch the second ASAP. But shame on me since I haven't read the manga yet . . .(don't hurt me Kaiten) :P

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Akiyama View Post
    But shame on me since I haven't read the manga yet . . .(don't hurt me Kaiten) :P
    I'll let you off the hook for now. Bonus points if you buy volume 1 and 2 and start reading scanlations after

I haven't had a chance to watch episode 2 yet, RL interference. Tomorrow, and looking
    forward to it!

Quote Quote:
    I also like the automatic start of the relationship of Sawako and Kaze, the chemistry is to good to be true and I love it
    For whatever reason a lot of Betsuma series don't beat around the bush with the will they or won't they part of romance. They will, it's just a matter of when. No one is trying to hide it. If they have yet, I don't know. Scanlations are still pretty far behind.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 16, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2

-The opening song sure is growing on me, I found myself mumbling the OP song as I waited for the ep to begin.

Spoiler: EP 2 show

Enjoyed watching this episode just as much as I did the first one.

They will, it's just a matter of when. No one is trying to hide it. If they have yet, I don't know. Scanlations are still pretty far behind.
    Spoiler: No looky if you don't want to know show

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 was amazing! Changing seats is one of my favorite scenes in the manga. So easy to relate to what Sawako feels. I guess this was the real start of the series with episode 1 being the prologue and this being based on chapter 1.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The second episode was indeed better than the first. I really like how Sawako is finaly making friends and how she always tries to go against the image of her being Sadako.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Des - chan
    -Kaze just stole my heart with this expression. He looks so super adorable!!! The "demon" Pin sticker cracks me up.
    Love chibi Kimi characters!! They always add a little bit of humor and cuteness to the series. Volume 1 comes with chibi stickers!

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross
    The second episode was indeed better than the first. I really like how Sawako is finaly making friends and how she always tries to go against the image of her being Sadako.
    It will keep getting better with each arc. As Chizu and Yano - chin become more and more important they add a lot to the series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I really like how Sawako is finaly making friends and how she always tries to go against the image of her being Sadako.
    Sawako doesn’t like misunderstandings so she is always trying to clear them. She feels she is misunderstood by her classmates, and she really is. The idea that her classmates have about how Sawako is, it’s so different from how Sawako really is.

Love chibi Kimi characters!! They always add a little bit of humor and cuteness to the series. Volume 1 comes with chibi stickers!
    I completely agree, especially chibi Sawako!! And I would love to see those stickers!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaze, he is such a great guy, first picking up that stray puppy, who hates Sawako at first. Sawako says "Animals have always been afraid of me. Same with small children." When they change seats and no one was to seat next to Sawako who shows up but Kaze. Then everyone else joined in around her regardless of the numbers. She is gaining some amazing friends right now, such a touching scene. T_T I have to buy the volumes right away and now I find out they have chibi stickers . . .

Spoiler: Chibi Sawako screen shots show

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaze, he is such a great guy,
    ITA! Kaze is awesome!!!

When they change seats and no one was to seat next to Sawako who shows up but Kaze. Then everyone else joined in around her regardless of the numbers.
    Showing us that sometimes (or maybe most of the times) it only takes one person to make a change. In this case, Kaze changing Sawako’s situation and life.

She is gaining some amazing friends right now, such a touching scene. T_T
    It was a very touching scene indeed. And yes, all of them are great people and friends. I can’t wait to watch the episode when Chizu and Yano prove just how great of friends they are to Sawako. ^_^

Thank you so much, I’m_Akiyama!! Those pics are so adorable!!

Eskimo Sawako was the first thing that appeared in my mind when I looked at this pic!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite chibi scene

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the chibi scenes are a bit gratuitous

New Reply
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast