Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

Is that confirmed? i don't know but he looks fine to me, i hope he is all awkward but yet strong.

He doesn't look at all like Kato btw. LOL
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The actors not looking like the characters is not as big a deal to me as say if they act like the characters. I mean its not easy to find someone who can act and looks like a comic book character. Long as they pull off the performance and the graphics are good, I'll be happy with this movie...long as they don't pull a Dragonball: Evolution.......

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    ^ Doesn't even look remotely like Katou! Katou's mouth is different and he has more chin, I hope the actor doesn't keep his 5 o’clock shadow when he plays Katou. And I hope he is tall...
    Also the guy that is going to play Kurono doesn't look like Kurono, I wonder how all the other characters are going to look like...
    When the main characters are badly chosen the whole movie is going to suck! I'm sure the movies are much worse than the anime.XP
    I think he's tall enough. Matsuken was always hunched up as L in death Note but he stood tall as Krauser in Detroit Metal City (highly recommended guys! seriously the BEST anime/manga to live action movie). Acting wise the man has never disappointed me yet and I've watched a fair amount of movies and dramas with him as the lead. Acting in an live action adaptation is not cosplay, so a little bit differences here and there won't bother me much (I don't really care about Katou anyway...). He'll probably make me like Katou more than in the manga version but admittedly, manga Katou is handsomer. Maybe the hairstyle didn't suit Matsuken.

I like Ninomiya so thank God he's playing my favourite character. He's still filming Gantz but appeared a lot on TV lately. Here's a cap from a TV show aired 2 days ago
    Spoiler show
    . It's not a picture from the set but this is probably the style Kurono going to be sporting throughout the movie. The extras have been really good at keeping mum on filming details. No word on the blacksuit yet.

GAT-X252, where did you get that Gantz ball picture?
    Last edited by aneon; December 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the picture from that twitter you posted. BTW are you sure they are confirmed?
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed that one. LOL.
    Nippon Cinema always a reliable source ... but usually there's an article that comes with it. I think more news will come out sooner or later since there's two pictures leaked. They still haven't revealed the other casts. I haven't checked the updates at the official site yet.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Katastrophe's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard the movie will have it's own ending...wasn't expecting it to have much to do with the manga anyway, i just hope it's not trash or so bad that it's laughable.
    @aneon
    Do you think Gantz has chances of having a new anime version next decade?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm not sure bout that but its not impossible. It really depends on how Oku finishes the whole thing. I was not that impressed with the anime so I never finished it. They could do another anime movie based on the completed manga if there's still more interest. IF the movies are hits and the manga have a satisfying end, an animated movie might be possible in the next decade or so.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tumerking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I have to agree with aneon. It would be stupid for them not to re-make Gantz into an anime if the movies are a hit and the manga ends even somewhat nicely. Similar to America if something is a big hit in Japan they will milk it for all its worth.

Heres hoping the movie is a huge success

Gantz is my crack

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

15 second teaser. 2011 peeps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEaswd_YWD8

Ball

Probably some creeper fan shot this teaser on the filming set

Katou long hair and THE SUIT

KURONO!!!

10. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks for link and pictures!!! But why did they also change the Gantz-room? Looks like a Ballet-lessons-room now(way too shiny, glossy and bright).:/

And if the movies will have their own endings I hope it doesn't fail like the Anime ending!

Aneon: I hope you are right, I haven't seen the Death Note-movie yet, but I have the feeling they bought him because of his name. I'm sure there are other good actors (that look more like Katou and Kurono XD)out there that could play in the Gantz-movies.
    A name doesn't mean anything, there are movies with big names in it but it didn't save the movie itself from being crappy.

Seriously, so more I see and hear about the Gantz-movies so more I doubt that they will be good.:/

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ i have to disagree with you there. A good actor can make a movie work even if he doesn't look like what the fans or creator imagined a character should look like (eg: that Twilight guy or Tom Cruise as Lestat in interview of the vampire). I'm more of a movie fan than a manga fan so I don't really care if the cast look EXACTLY like the characters or not. Like I said before, a movie is not cosplay. Why bother worrying about his chin or hair... At least they are not played by some pathetic Caucasian actors like DB. YUCK.

Aside from being popular, both actors are well known to be great actors. I rather have experienced actors being cast than some lousy Katou and Kurono look alike. Having a popular cast will bring more good to the Gantz franchise. More people will want to watch or read it because of Matsuken and Nino and maybe someday, Gantz will have the kick-ass anime version the fans dream of.

I think the movie will have a different perspective altogether. To be honest, I prefer a more mature Gantz than Oku's pubescent view.
    Last edited by aneon; January 01, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I agree, but then it is not only because of the actors, if the storyline sucks and the scrips are bad then even the best actor can't help to make a movie good.
    And I'm not talking about that they should look exactly like the characters of the manga(because it is impossible), but I find that these two don't really look like the characters of the manga.

I also hope that the movies attract more readers, but since they chose actors who also played in movies that seem to have a big number of Fangirls(Fangirl: "OMG! The actor that played L from Death Note is in it! I have to watch it!!!"), I'm afraid that the movies are going to be too soft, maybe even sugary and not really Gantz-like.

I'm more into the Manga and Comics so I care how the characters in it look like. I'm going to watch the movies even if they seem bad because I'm curious about a different way of storytelling.=)

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    And I'm not talking about that they should look exactly like the characters of the manga(because it is impossible), but I find that these two don't really look like the characters of the manga.
    Katou: tall, great physique, intense eyes, strong chin, combed back long oily hair, good looking
    Matsuyama Kenichi:
    - Height: 180cm
    - A bit scrawny but I've seen him in Kamui and he has good muscle tone
    Nice collarbone too:

- Intense eyes:
    Spoiler show

- Strong chin:

- Combed back, long oily hair: the stylist can fix that.
    - Good looking
    Spoiler show

I never associate Death Note with the ZOMG!!111fangirls!!! before... L is cute but Death Note is pretty much friendly for every demographic and not made for the fangirls eyes only. Matsuken might have his share of rabid fangirls after L but he's known as a serious actor not an idol. On the other hand, the wanker face Ninomiya is an idol. Probably the studio picked him as a scapegoat so they'd have a reason to make a friendlier version of Gantz thus it will be available to general audience and make more money. With Nino as Kurono, Gantz might lose some screen time on boobies and blood but I don't think they'll cut it all out. I'm pretty optimistic about how this movie going to turn out simply because they cast TWO established actors as the lead and the amount of money spent.
    Last edited by aneon; January 03, 2010 at 02:01 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they picked the right actors for the movie. Matsuyama can play a plethora of different roles, from serious to happy-go-lucky. Ninomiya was actually pretty good in Letters From Iwo Jima, even the critics agree on that.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

^Correct. Ninomiya won the hearts of a lot of big wigs Hollywood critics with Letters From Iwo Jima. That's saying a lot since they were not influenced by his idol status or whatever. It's only fair that I put a picture of him in this thread too for the sake of comparison.

This was taken in 2009 and the kid is 26. You can kind of imagine him greeting Reika with this picture.

More news rumors on the cast. Yoshitaka Yuriko is in but I don't know who she's playing.
    Here some pictures of her:
    Spoiler show

She's the IT girl for 2009. So who do you guys think she's going to play?
    I'll be watching out for more news on this so stay tune.
    Last edited by aneon; January 04, 2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast