Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46

Thread: Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mikihara's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Live Action Films Confirmed for 2011

Hey guys, I've found a download link to Gantz (FIRST MOVIE) with Jap audio and Eng subs. Note that the file size is 1.4GB so it takes a lot of time for download. And yes, it's not a spam or fake, it's real and I've tried it
    www.fileserve.com/file/​6gmYJgr

Found a synopsis/review on Gantz 2: Perfect Answers. (A lot of) SPOILERS WARNING!!!
    http://www.akimura-pow.blogspot.com/...-spoilers.html

Enjoy =)

------------------
    EDIT
    Note: I've tried to directly copy and click on the Gantz movie link and it lead me to an unavailable page. If the same thing happens to any of you, try typing the link yourself onto a notepad before copying the URL on the address bar, or delete the [%E2%80%8B] which appears automatically on the address bar as it loads. That should do the job
    Last edited by Mikihara; August 12, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Currently watching: Level E, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
    Currently reading: Gantz, Claymore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

haha what the hell... what a shitty storyline.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

There's already a rip of the german Bluray... well, I was surprised it went so fast

Gonna watch it these Days, but from what I saw/heard, it looks good...

http://www.anime-loads.org/media/303...e_Action_Movie

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there's finally a translation for Gantz Perfect Answer.

You can download the subtitles here and if you have a copy of the movie already you can simply apply the subtitles to them. Unfortunately with the movie file I downloaded it already had chinese symbols or whatever hardcoded into it (meaning they can't be turned off) so I won't post that here..

I have no idea how to use Windows Media Player so I can't tell you how to use the subs in that. They do work in Media Player Classic aswell as VLC. Not too difficult to find if you can't work it out in WMP.

I'm not sure how good the subs are. I've skimmed through it briefly and couldn't actually find any real dialogue, mostly long, drawn out scenes where everyone's just standing around not saying anything, or the occasional one or two word sentence ("I'm sorry"). The movie looks really boring in that regard (again) but at least we can understand what's going on now.

---------- Post added September 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was September 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM ----------

I got around to watching the whole thing... it's a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The plot is convoluted, it's waaaaaaay too drawn out and the missions are a joke. The acting is mostly pretty terrible, even with the japanese voices. Kei and Nishi were good, the rest were unremarkable.

There are no aliens - it's just the vampire for the entire movie. There were only 2 actual fights in the whole movie. The rest was people shooting - and missing - at each other.

They took a couple of elements from the manga but they changed them for no real reason. They combined Reika and Izumi's characters (no idea why..). They made Nishi the longest surviving person in Gantz ever (was kind of weird, several people had earned 100 points and left Gantz before Nishi had ever reached it, and yet they still treat him like an expert). They teased a number of story arcs from the manga but those were all bullshit. E.g. the reporter was in the movie but his role was completely irrelevant. Host Samurai was in it but he was just a minor side character alien. Nishi never got in trouble with the police as was indicated.

The gantz ball also starts glitching, but the glitches don't actually make ANY difference. For example the clock glitches out. Goes from 00:20:00 to 99:99:99. But so what? In the last movie when the clock reaches zero it just resets... There's no mission boundary. No one was ever invisible.

It just seems like they made a real mess of it. The only scene worth watching is the train fight. I'd just skip everything else.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the warning. It looks nothing like you would expect it to be.

The pictures and stuff were promising. And I thought the anime ending was terribly done, might just look at it though since Nishi is in it, with me putting the manga on hold the movie was the only way to remember the good old days of Gantz, though I might just re-read the manga to the Buddha arc, again. :P

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner firebo14's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The movie is not good, I was expecting more gore and closer to the manga story...

The Kei's sex scene is not there and Nishi blowing up that guy's head in the Gantz room before the 'bird' alien mission is not even done. Also, it does not have the last boss of the Buddha mission (smaller Buddha with alot of arms, it changed to this alien that ate the glasses guy's brain.)
    Last edited by firebo14; October 06, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching a clip of the Tanaka Alien fight on Youtube I will save myself the suffering from watching this piece of shit movie. I can't believe that the creator of Gantz would actually approve of this film being released.

Thanks but no thanks.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fucking stupid director Shinske Sato.. did you even read the original manga? why the fuck did you ruin my favorite manga with your stupid movie?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

things like nuclear weapon and gantz live action movie should have never been created in mankind's history

New Reply
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46