Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inuyasha: The Final Act

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Inuyasha: The Final Act

Title: 犬夜叉 完結編
    Genre: Fantasy, Comedy
    Group: - -

Was this forgotten? There is a Inuyasha First Act!!!
    Goshh...I'm just so excited. It's been ages since I watched the last episode of this series, but this season only have 26 episodes to finish the whole series?! Unbelivable! Anyway, i hope the fansubs will come out soon.
    Last edited by Nami; October 10, 2009 at 08:03 AM.

▲Away till end June. ▲

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inuyasha: The Final Act

Just watched the first episode, and it was pretty good.

But it's really weird, only 26 episodes for about what? almost 200 chapters? Maybe they'll really rush with it, or they will remove completely every filler in the manga, focusing only in the relevant events.

Either way I'm too happy with that: Just like Hades saga from Saint Seiya, I never had high hopes for the animated version of the remaining chapters

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    But it's really weird, only 26 episodes for about what? almost 200 chapters? Maybe they'll really rush with it, or they will remove completely every filler in the manga, focusing only in the relevant events.

To squeeze in all chapters into just 26 epissodes is just impossible. Either they will take out the repetitive 'slay monsters' episodes along the way, (haha..was bored by these episodes in the past seasons) and zoom into the main plot or they will have more OVAs to end the story nicely. Btw, which is a good sub to check out?

▲Away till end June. ▲

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m watching this anime, since Inuyasha was my first manga, I’ve watched all the previous Inu anime seasons, and because I do have some fond and fun memories linked to this series. But to be honest, I’m not enjoying watching this concluding season of Inu as much as I thought I would. Maybe it is because it has been so long since I last watched or read Inuyasha that I feel somewhat disconnected from the series. Like for instance, during the first episode, it took some time before remembering who was Maigomaru or whatever that guy’s name was and what had just happened, story-wise, before the episode started. I just hope I reconnect with the series soon as I keep watching the next episodes.

Episode 3

I actually enjoyed this episode very much. The comedic part of the episode was well done and it made me laugh a few times. Sesshomaru was as cool as always , so Sesshomaru’s part was awesome and how they showed the wind/kaze (Kagura’s presence) at the end of the episode was very nice.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; October 30, 2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to watching the first 3 episodes of this. Inuyasha was both my first anime and manga, so I would feel remiss if I didn't at least attempt to see it through to the end. So I will be watching it from now on.

Watching this series again was a little weird, tbh. Like destiny, it left me feeling a bit disconnected at first since I hadn't seen or read Inuyasha in so long. Yet, at the same time it made me feel quite nostalgic (which was kind of nice). And, wow, they're squeezing a lot of material into each episode! It all feels very rushed, but I expected as much with only 26 episodes to cover so many chapters.

However, I did think that they spent enough time on
    Spoiler: probably not necessary, but just in case >.< show
    ...and did a nice job with it. That was a very emotional moment for me when reading the manga, so it was nice to see it animated (even though it meant one of my favorite characters was gone ).

Anyway, looking forward to more. So far, the more I watch, the more natural it feels to be watching it again, so I hope that continues.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; November 04, 2009 at 01:11 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys any one knows how many eps will the final act comprise?

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually 26 episodes. I'm surprised no one else is watching this? I kind of like the pace of this anime right now, it's no longer draggy as before and 1 episode covers almost half a tank and finally, real deaths in the story.

I just hope the OVAs after that (if any) does not take more than a year to come out. It'll just break the momentum of watching it. Does anyone knows anything about it?

▲Away till end June. ▲

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Inuyasha fans seem to be sticking to Inuyasha sites. Freelance has some pretty extensive convo's going.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like all the episodes so far. it was good to see inuyasha's black teisaga

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As a devoted of a fan as I was with the manga, one would have expected to show the same devotion for this anime…but after watching a couple of episodes…I didn’t watch it again.

The last episode airs on Monday, so because it’s the last ep and because the episode will have one of my favorite moments in Inuyasha I’m planning to watch it. I hope the anime team gives us what RT didn’t to us, the Kagome x Inuyasha fans.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ~FrienD~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what ep did kikyo died?, i wanna watch only that<------sucker for long haired maidens

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandaluxu231 View Post
    what ep did kikyo died?, i wanna watch only that<------sucker for long haired maidens
    Episode 8 ^^

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Late in posting here, but I did manage to watch the last episode of the anime.

Nice ending, over all. I was a big fan of this show on Adult Swim dubs. (yes i said dubs)

I didn't watch all of the final season episode on anime, as I followed the manga when it came out. Originaly planned to watch it all when the anime finished.

I would have liked a little more episodes of Inuyasha and Kagome in the present world, like the first season had. Also a couple more episodes dealing with daily life past/present, would've been fun to watch.

Although the comic didn't have that either.

Slight rushed feeling at the end, but still a great show/series.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I'm at episode 18, I thought I'd give my impression on it so far. In the manga, I only went up to the part where Kouga gets his new weapon so I'm watching everything else from then on with a blank slate.

I guess I'll start with what I perceive as flaws, which could be attributed to the fact that there are only 26 episodes to cover 200 chapters.
    1. The first few episodes seemed too fast paced with revelations and deaths spanning a single episode. One of my favourite characters was Hakudoushi, and I was so sad that he was offed early. Thankfully the pace became stable afterwards.
    2. It's been a couple of episodes since Byakuya has been introduced, and I wish he got more development! I like his type of character, but I'm not entirely too sure about him yet! (It's funny how Naraku is chilling out the whole time. Mori-san, at least you're still getting work.)
    3. I'm disappointed that there's not as much "Rumic" humour! I know the story is approaching its conclusion, but I'm still upset!!

Nevertheless I'm really enjoying The Final Act. Getting to know the characters again and hearing the epic soundtrack brings back childhood memories because Inuyasha was the first fandom I ever gotten into. If it wasn't for the dubbed airings on TV, I would never have been into manga/anime right now. I've also kindled a flame for a pairing.

One shallow aspect to comment on is that the animation is gorgeous; as usual, Sunrise doesn't disappoint. I notice that the character design seems closer to Takahashi's art style. It's hard to tell with the main gang, but Sesshomaru looks noticeably different. The face shape is more angular, I think.

My favourite episode so far is episode 9 because of all the feels. I'm going to contain my fangirly thoughts to myself, but it's probably the episode I'll watch over and over again. On the other hand my favourite scene is Kikyo's dying moments. Not because I don't like her (I do) but it's because it was the most emotional part so far; her last moments with Inuyasha was heartbreaking. I love that the instrumental version of Dearest was used because the lyrics fit well with her and Inuyasha's relationship.

I only have 8 episodes left so far so after I'm done, I'll give my two cents again.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i still have not watched this, i watched bits and pieces, but i read the entire manga

and i watched the original anime, i look forward to watching this one day, as i was not happy with the "ending" of the anime

the only bad things i have heard is that they tried to cram more than 60 manga chapters into a 26 episode season for the final act, can any of you confirm this?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast