Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darker Than Black: Ryussei no Gemini (Season 2)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Darker Than Black: Ryussei no Gemini (Season 2)

1st ep of the OVAs are out, 4 in total

this one felt pretty similar to Season 1, I liked it a lot. Felt kinda bad for Yin though, puts her suicide into some needed perspective.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Darker Than Black: Ryussei no Gemini (Season 2)

I finished this one a while ago after watching the original. I liked that it showed how being a Contractor affects a normal person, and it was interesting having Hei perceived through a different character. The journey from Vladisvostok to Tokyo was fun to watch.

However, things became rushed and flat near the end; it was as if the writers remembered midway through that they were only working with twelve episodes instead of twenty-five. For example Suou's relationship with Shion was left underdeveloped, which resulted in the revelation about her true identity coming out of nowhere. Although the OVA explained why Yin was the way she is, her role based solely on the second season could have been easily replaced by a separate character. A lot of plot points felt like something from a fan fiction and was not what I would expect from a sequel.

So basically it started out fine, but unfortunately it failed to meet the first season's standards.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4