Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who Wields The Strongest Melee-Type Zanpakutou?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ichigo - Zangetsu

20 32.79%
  • Kenpachi

4 6.56%
  • Renji - Zabimaru

0 0%
  • Ikkaku - Houzukimaru

1 1.64%
  • Hisagi - Kazeshini

1 1.64%
  • Omaeda - Gegetsuburi

0 0%
  • Tenken - Komamura

9 14.75%
  • Gin - Shinso

23 37.70%
  • Hyori - Kubikiri Orochi

0 0%
  • Lisa - Haguro Tonbo

0 0%
  • Kira - Wabisuke

3 4.92%
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wields The Strongest Melee-Type Zanpakutou?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jamil2009's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Who Wields The Strongest Melee-Type Zanpakutou?

KONICHIWA, fellow Bleach-maniacs.

I have started this thread to see what you guys think considering the Shinigami with the strongest Attack-Type Zanpakutoh. By Attack-Type Zanpakutoh I mean a Zanpakutoh that depends heavily if not solely on sword to sword contact and raw strength without resorting to kidou or the elements.

Ok, though the answer to this might seem obvious (Kenpachi, that is) I still think there might be some competition among some of the top Shinigami with Attack-Type Zanpakutohs. So please let me know what you think considering all that we know about the listed Shinigami (their current power status and abilities).

EDIT: There seems to be rampant confusion concerning what I meant by Attack-Type Zanpakutohs; it's my fault and I am very sorry. First off, I actually meant Melee-Type Zanpakutohs, that is Zanpakutohs that depend seriously on BLADE TO BLADE contact to win a fight. So, for instance, if Byakuya and Kenpachi faced off, given all we know they can do with their Zanpakutohs, who would win? That sort of thing.

So my apologies once more for the mix-ups and hope you keep posting your opinions.
    Last edited by Jamil2009; October 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM.

Great things come in (sm)all sizes!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whose Wields The Strongest Attack-Type Zanpakutoh?

There are more "Attack"-type Zanpaktou:

* Ichigo Kurosaki / Hollow Ichigo
    * Kenpachi Zaraki
    * Renji Abarai
    * Ikkaku Madarame
    * Makoto Kibune
    * Shūhei Hisagi
    * Marechiyo Ōmaeda
    * Sajin Komamura

As you see Byakuya doesnt have one, he has a Projectile-type one
    Last edited by igotthegoods; October 14, 2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: flaming

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jamil2009's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whose Wields The Strongest Attack-Type Zanpakutoh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCracker View Post
    There are more "Attack"-type Zanpaktou:

* Ichigo Kurosaki / Hollow Ichigo
    * Kenpachi Zaraki
    * Renji Abarai
    * Ikkaku Madarame
    * Makoto Kibune
    * Shūhei Hisagi
    * Marechiyo Ōmaeda
    * Sajin Komamura

As you see Byakuya doesnt have one, he has a Projectile-type one
    Yeah, I knew about the others (save Kibune though) but I excluded them for the following reasons:

Ichigo (and Shirosaki) both use Getsuga (a kidou attack) rather often.
    Abarai also has Hikotsu Taihou not to mention that he would be floored by all three options.
    Kibune was a filler character.
    Hisagi wouldn't last long against either of the three options.
    Same goes for Omaeda.
    Komamura was a good call though. Don't know how I forgot that.

Great things come in (sm)all sizes!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Wields The Strongest Attack-Type Zanpakutou?

Kenpachi's auto exempt for the simple reason that it's not his Zanpakuto that's toting all the power, it's himself. If by attack type you mean blade that simply changes the form, Byakuya probably, for the simple reason that it's so supremely versatile, despite Senkei sucking. If not, then Yamamoto's was outright stated to have the strongest attack power.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO a zampakuto is only as strong as the reiatsu behind it. In that sense, if a shinigami has a stronger reiatsu than another, then in a clash between their sword the stronger reiatsu would win. If we assume the reiatsu behind each zampakuto is the same in said clash, then there is a chance the result could depend on something else.

I would put this ones on top of my list in said situation though:

Zangetsu(it was mentioned it's reiatsu can destroy the ground under it with reiatsu alone. That could probably be attributed to any sword with strong reiatsu behind it though).

Zabimaru(extending properties provide quite a boost in power).

tengomaru(huge size, can take a barrage of cero head on)

Lisa's(don't know it's abilities but it has a large size and range to boost attack power)

Hiyori(similar thing to zangetsu)

Other than that I don't think there is any particular zampakuto that excels for attack power just fer being what it is rather that the reiatsu behind it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Gin's Shinsou? I mean, if you consider Byakuya's to be a physical attack type zanpakutou (yes, your title is misleading, since most zanpakutou are attack type, kidou can still= attack), you must consider Gin's to be one too.

Anyways, as said before, it all depends on the wielder of the zanpakutou. A strong user could make the weakest of zanpakutou powerful (ahem... Kenpachi). You say that we shouldn't count zanpakutou like Hisagi, but is his zanpakutou weak? Or is he just not skilled/powerful enough to use it as well as Byakuya and Kenpachi can use their zanpakutou?

So, physical attack type shinigami, either Kenpachi, Gin, Byakuya, or Komamura is strongest (I do not consider Ikkaku to be near their level quite yet).

Strongest physical attack zan ability? Well, out of the ones we've seen so far, probably Byakuya and Gin's zanpakutou are the most versatile.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im gonna go with a dark horse ... Ichimaru Gin. His sword has only ever been used in shikai, and he has not even come close to losing. His genius level swordsmanship, and unknown sword extents imply that he is ridiculous in cutting potential

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, also, if we think about it, Gin is definitely the most experienced shinigami with a physical attack zanpakutou.

Just to cite the other four "possibilities":

Komamura: Never seen or mentioned in the gaiden.

Byakuya: Same age as gin in gaiden, but he was just learning shunpo then, and was still in the academy.

Kenpachi: Not mentioned or seen in the gaiden. I would assume he's not a captain back then since Tousen made a big deal about watching him gain captainship by killing the previous captain.

Ikkaku: Even younger and less experienced than Kenpachi, needed a bankai to beat a goddamn fraccion.

Gin: Strong enough to kill a third seat in gaiden (yeah, 3rd seat, big whoop you say, but most 2nd year shinigami can barely fire off a kidou, much less even get drafted into the gotei 13 as an unranked shinigami), toyed with kid genius captain, and sliced a vizard ex-VC in half with zero effort with one use of his shikai.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Well, also, if we think about it, Gin is definitely the most experienced shinigami with a physical attack zanpakutou.

Just to cite the other four "possibilities":

Komamura: Never seen or mentioned in the gaiden.

Byakuya: Same age as gin in gaiden, but he was just learning shunpo then, and was still in the academy.

Kenpachi: Not mentioned or seen in the gaiden. I would assume he's not a captain back then since Tousen made a big deal about watching him gain captainship by killing the previous captain.

Ikkaku: Even younger and less experienced than Kenpachi, needed a bankai to beat a goddamn fraccion.

Gin: Strong enough to kill a third seat in gaiden (yeah, 3rd seat, big whoop you say, but most 2nd year shinigami can barely fire off a kidou, much less even get drafted into the gotei 13 as an unranked shinigami), toyed with kid genius captain, and sliced a vizard ex-VC in half with zero effort with one use of his shikai.
    thats all true apart from the toying with Hitsugaya part. I'm sorry if this will look like im unloading on you in particular-i'm not this is for everyone.

That statement "Gin Toyed with Hitsugaya" is complete bs and unfounded in anything. The anime fight NEVER HAPPENED. re read the manga and anyone who thinks Gin toyed with him or even WON the fight needs an eye exam. Gin was outmaneuvered. Period. There is no way to tell how serious he was but the fact is in that fight he did NOTHING to hitsugaya and could have easily died. There is certainly nothing to place him above hitsugaya in any way after that fight. Please people stop just parroting this crap, check your facts, read the manga and you'll see what i mean.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with kkck that a Zanpakutou is only as strong as the one wielding it.

However, if we'd have to pick solely on the shape and function/maneuverability of the Zanpakutou, I'd say Senbonzakura would be the most powerful since its shape is the most flexible. I mean, it can be used in an offensive as well as defensive manner(and both at the same time too) when Byakuya controls it.

I'd also add in Haineko, but we're not really totally sure if it can be used in the same manner as Senbonzakura.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Kenpachi even on the list? His zanpaktou is useless. No, as a matter of fact his zanpatkou is actually a handicap as it works against him. He'd be better of tossing that thing and getting himself a well-crafted katana.

Kenpachi is ridiculously strong because of his very own reiatsu and swordsmanship, which is what makes him so badass. Remember his rant about how only weaklings rely on their zanpaktou's abilities? That was awesome.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; May 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the thread include bankai too? I would increase my list if that is the case.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

if with attack based zanpaktou you mean based on actual physical attributes there is only 1 zanpaktou that would realy qualify: Ikkaku's houzukimaru
    houzukimaru only increases the physical strenght of ikkaku and augments his skills in close combat. This also is the only zanpaktou that increases the physical strenght of its wielder.
    the second and third place go to Ichigo's Zangetsu and Renji's Zabimaru.
    Both ichigo and renji their zanpaktou are based on their own physical strenght, while ichigo relies more on speed then strenght.
    Komamura's Tenken doesnt rely on its user own strenght, however i dont claim komamura isnt strong. I wouldnt put his Tenken into a physical/attack power based zanpaktou.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think komamura's zampakuto should be considered here. For one thing the sword does not transform, it simply summons either a limb or an entire giant. Komamura's sword remains the same and when using it's power unused to some extent. If it is considered it would be unquestionably the strongest. It would be the only sword with tons and tons to back it.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ganjabuss's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

it's ryujinjakka that possess the strongest attack power...which is the strongest fire-type zanpukto...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/156/08/

1. i'll have to say zangetsu...
    2. benihime[i thought of it as first but zangetsu's attack power can be increased by rotating it by the tape at it's end]
    3. tengumaru of love
    4.komamura's zanpukto[forgot the name]
    5. ryumon hozukimaru
    6. zabimaru's bankai's 'hikotsu taiho' isn't bad
    Ohana-chan give us early chapter...

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast