Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The calmness of your heart

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TOC has arrived........

Oh you're into tennis! I know tennis a bit! Who's your favorite player and why? You follow it all around the year? My family usually watches tennis, but they mostly follow it during high season(Grand Slams mostly).

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know Opeth? That's an important question. T_T

And Barrichelo...;_________;

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a good racer and it is harsh he has not won a championship yet. Why ferrari made him Shumachers shadow I don't know. But next year he has his shot.

It was also bad luck he got a puncture which made him go a few positions down :\

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ren Boy- View Post
    I would have hoped it would have been won on the final race but it was won on the second last which is still as good. Seeing if Rubens won, there would have been a chance Button could have won the championship on the new curcuit;Abu Dhabi

It was good and bad that the race was not decided in Abu Dhabi
    good:Abu Dhabi is a new track, so new experiance and a lot of tension
    bad:it is a new track, inexperiance drivers could wreck over peoples positions
    Correct but you know, if he wins it under these conditions, it would have looked so much better. May be its me, wanting to see it go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Oh you're into tennis! I know tennis a bit! Who's your favorite player and why? You follow it all around the year? My family usually watches tennis, but they mostly follow it during high season(Grand Slams mostly).
    Sooo great to hear you know tennis. I have played it for few years, club level mostly. Anyone who plays it can appreciate it to the fullest. It gotta be one of the most physically, mentally and technically demanding sports. Those guys are monster, amazing athletes.

My favorite of all time is Pete Sampras, Marat Safin, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic. I like all of them 1)they are really good sportsmen, the most basic thing in the sports is sportsmen spirit. I can't stand players not appreciating and respecting others 2)really talented athletes, 3)they are great for the game, etc.

Yes I do follow it through out the year. If its not on TV, then I look at the results on the net, daily. My father had the opportunity to watch Wimbledon this year. He even got the opportunity to watch the final, Federer vs. Roddick. Sadly I couldn't watch it. The ticket at the final were sold at even £ 20,000, though he got it for free. May be next year I will, I have though watched Dubai Tennis Championship few years back. Its was a wonderful experience to see all the top players.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

All I have to say is that Lewis Hamilton performed the best yesterday without a doubt. This just shows he has a lot of talent and I am sure if next year Mclaren give him a good car then Hamilton will take the title ship back FOR SURE

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Do you know Opeth? That's an important question. T_T

And Barrichelo...;_________;
    Yes I do and I have listened to them for years.

Lol, I get it. Barrichelo gotta be one of my favorite F1 driver on the grid. He is respected by everyone in the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ren Boy- View Post
    All I have to say is that Lewis Hamilton performed the best yesterday without a doubt. This just shows he has a lot of talent and I am sure if next year Mclaren give him a good car then Hamilton will take the title ship back FOR SURE
    Well my friend I won't disagree with you. I too think, he will be a winner with a good race car under him.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with you on that one about barrichelo being one of my faviourite drivers.

On to next news. Bouncyball has striked again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FA officials have gone beserk and are taking action
    Last edited by -Ren Boy-; October 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Sooo great to hear you know tennis. I have played it for few years, club level mostly. Anyone who plays it can appreciate it to the fullest. It gotta be one of the most physically, mentally and technically demanding sports. Those guys are monster, amazing athletes.
    Yeah I sometimes play with my brother and father and it really is something demanding, but it's different form other sports. It requires both endurance/stamina for prolonged periods, but at the same time requires short bursts of energy to be able to catch those balls which go far. It kind of reminds me of the kind of effort I use in Jazz dance, where the moves are more sporadic, but the choreography is long enough to be physically demanding.

What's your favorite type of terrain? What's your play style? Strengths and weaknesses of your game?

My favorite of all time is Pete Sampras, Marat Safin, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic. I like all of them 1)they are really good sportsmen, the most basic thing in the sports is sportsmen spirit. I can't stand players not appreciating and respecting others 2)really talented athletes, 3)they are great for the game, etc.
    Ah okies, any specifics you like about those guys compared to others?

Yes I do follow it through out the year. If its not on TV, then I look at the results on the net, daily. My father had the opportunity to watch Wimbledon this year. He even got the opportunity to watch the final, Federer vs. Roddick. Sadly I couldn't watch it. The ticket at the final were sold at even £ 20,000, though he got it for free. May be next year I will, I have though watched Dubai Tennis Championship few years back. Its was a wonderful experience to see all the top players.
    Ah you're lucky then! Here we don't have any Grand Slams except the US Open which is next door in NYC so we can only attend the Roger's Cup in Montreal every summer(which is a 4h trip by car).

Other than that, when hockey season comes along, everything else is second in my house soooo

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do and I have listened to them for years.

That wasn't very conclusive >D Did you stop liking it?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara
    Shinji
    Shunsui
    Ukitake
    Kepnpachi
    GJ
    Stark (the best Espada so far)
    Harribel

And for characters I don't like much,

Aizen - his hair infuriates me
    Gin - does he have eyes O.o
    Tousen - his speeches irritates me to no end
    Innoue - Kurosaki-kunnnnnnnnnnn, need I say more. Though I can hate her for.......
    Rukia - don't know why
    A yeah to that
    the world needs more Harribel fans ;D

Disliking Orihime and Rukia is seldom tho. Most of the people like either the one or the other.. and ha lol.. u hate all remaining villains thats quite something

-What Naruto characters do you like?
    -Favorite song atm?
    Last edited by Evil3ye; October 19, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

They're awesome manga. Women fighting, boobies, and etc. :O
    Yu Yu Hakusho?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Roger Federer? The Fed Express is the current king of the tennis world not to mention my favorite player. That match at Wimbledon with Roddick was tennis at its finest and did you see this shot when Federer played Djokovic in the US Open semi-final? Anyway, it's good to see another tennis fan on MH.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    That wasn't very conclusive >D Did you stop liking it?
    No no not all, its more I am turning to Doom metal. I still listen to them, when the new album is released. But you can say I do not listen to them on regular basis, like I did few years back. Its not because I don't like them anymore, but Doom metal appeals me more. Need recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    A yeah to that
    the world needs more Harribel fans ;D

Disliking Orihime and Rukia is seldom tho. Most of the people like either the one or the other.. and ha lol.. u hate all remaining villains thats quite something

-Favorite song atm?
    How can you not like Harribel after seeing her abilities ....

Aizen, Gin, and Tousen, have disliked them since the begining of the series, even when they didn't show their true colors.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    They're awesome manga. Women fighting, boobies, and etc. :O
    Yu Yu Hakusho?
    You make them sound so tempting, I have to check them in few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    What about Roger Federer? The Fed Express is the current king of the tennis world not to mention my favorite player. That match at Wimbledon with Roddick was tennis at its finest and did you see this shot when Federer played Djokovic in the US Open semi-final? Anyway, it's good to see another tennis fan on MH.
    I am confuse how to put it, he must be the best player in the history of tennis and I like him, but sometimes I don't like his sportsmen spirit. For example, when ever he loses to another player, he normally doesn't give them the due credit, especially against Nadal. In comparison, you will hear Nadal saying he is the best, even if he wins against him. Sampras has always praised him and always says he will break his record. Don't take it wrong, I love see him play and win. I was sad not to see him play Shangai Masters. I think, he has chance to win masters Cup this year.

The final was amazing, and that shot was epic. I am happy to know, people here at MH know Tennis.

What other players you like Gecko?
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 20, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It saddens me to see that you don't have Andy Roddick there. He's my like, biggest source of inspiration when it comes to tennis!

I have to agree with you that to be a successful tennis player, you need to master all elements and to be very strong both physically and mentally. I can't imagine the pressure they have during matches.
    For example, let's say it's a us open semi, it's 1-1set, 4-5 gems, 30-40 and you have one serve left. I'd wet myself before hitting my 2nd serve...
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    -Favorite song atm?
    Oh I missed it earlier. My favorites are:

Minato
    Jiraya
    Kakashi
    Nagato (before Peace speeches)
    Madara (before he revealed his plan)

And I am busy these days and haven't heard anything new. Currently listening to my all time favorite song, "The stories of the leaves" by Thorns of the Carrion. Epic epic song with best flute ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    It saddens me to see that you don't have Andy Roddick there. He's my like, biggest source of inspiration when it comes to tennis!

I have to agree with you that to be a successful tennis player, you need to master all elements and to be very strong both physically and mentally. I can't imagine the pressure they have during matches.
    For example, let's say it's a us open semi, it's 1-1set, 4-5 gems, 30-40 and you have one serve left. I'd wet myself before hitting my 2nd serve...
    A-Rod is one of my favorite, right after what I have mentioned earlier. He is a real nice person and good ambassador of the game.

True indeed, I was playing a local tournament (club) against some outside club, and lol it was like my hands and feet have gone heavy. Shots were so slow, embarrassing was it. The pros are giants, sometimes I wonder, is it even possibler to play so hard with so accuracy. They are so so tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Yeah I sometimes play with my brother and father and it really is something demanding, but it's different form other sports. It requires both endurance/stamina for prolonged periods, but at the same time requires short bursts of energy to be able to catch those balls which go far. It kind of reminds me of the kind of effort I use in Jazz dance, where the moves are more sporadic, but the choreography is long enough to be physically demanding.
    You got that right, you doing Jazz dance, that I like to see .

Quote Quote:
    What's your favorite type of terrain? What's your play style? Strengths and weaknesses of your game?
    Terrain?

I am bit old-timer, like to serve and volley. When you serve and follow it up with a good volley, its really satisfying. Strength, I think my volley and overhead was decent. Weakness, backhand from the baseline. By the way, I am not playing Tennis anymore, only on my Xbox , life has gone hectic and busy.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 20, 2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast