Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shunsui wins

    73 58.40%
  • Ulquirra wins

    30 24.00%
  • the fight is pointless because Shunsui beat Stark and is proven stronger

    22 17.60%
New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 247

Thread: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

  1. #196
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Fried Side
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Shunsui doesn't have to use irooni, he can fight normal with his swords hand probably produce similar damage. Irooni is a gamble technique, enhancing the power of your sword strikes while putting yourself in the same danger (if the opponent figures out the rules). It's a strategic implement, he doesn't always have to rely on it.

  2. #197
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    I realize that, but I'm bringing out the example of if he were to use it, he'd only have to call one color, for his turn which he calls out since he's the initiator of the game, and it'd be over. We haven't even seen what he's capable of fully yet. That is what amazes me about his character. Man I really hope Kubo does him justice. Along with Isshin Juushiro and whoever else hasn't shown bankai.

  3. #198
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Byakuya can probably take down Shunsui mid difficulty.
    R1 ulquiorra stomps.

    This 'senior captain' rubbish was a tier entirely made up from speculation from fans.

    Oh before you go 'oh but Shunsui downed Stark'
    Go reread the manga lol.
    Although in terms of feats shown Stark is probably on par with grimmjow to be perfectly honest.
    Espada ranks became a little more than meaningless when the following facts were revealed.

    1. Aizen ranked the Espada by reiatsu.
    2. Yammy's release, which merely doubled his reiatsu (according to the databook), was enough to jump 9 ranks.
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; April 06, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

  4. #199
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Quote Originally Posted by HaouLelouch View Post
    Byakuya can probably take down Shunsui mid difficulty.
    R1 ulquiorra stomps.

    This 'senior captain' rubbish was a tier entirely made up from speculation from fans.

    Oh before you go 'oh but Shunsui downed Stark'
    Go reread the manga lol.
    Although in terms of feats shown Stark is probably on par with grimmjow to be perfectly honest.
    Espada ranks became a little more than meaningless when the following facts were revealed.

    1. Aizen ranked the Espada by reiatsu.
    2. Yammy's release, which merely doubled his reiatsu (according to the databook), was enough to jump 9 ranks.
    Have you recently lost your mind? Espada ranks are far more than meaningless. The difference between each numeral may significantly differ, but overall their ranks are indicative of their ability. Stark's power far exceeded Grimmjow's. Shunsui is not considered powerful simply because he's a senior captain, but because he is quite obviously an extremely powerful captain. Shunsui wins this match-up quite casually.

  5. #200
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Have you recently lost your mind? Espada ranks are far more than meaningless. The difference between each numeral may significantly differ, but overall their ranks are indicative of their ability. Stark's power far exceeded Grimmjow's. Shunsui is not considered powerful simply because he's a senior captain, but because he is quite obviously an extremely powerful captain. Shunsui wins this match-up quite casually.
    No they were confirmed to be ranked by reiatsu and reiatsu only. Once you get over this fact things become much clearer. For example, post ulq ichigo probably has more reiatsu than all captains except Yama, but would you say he can defeat all of them?
    Shunsui can casually beat an opponent like R1 ulq how? He couldn't handle R1 stark, was about to go bankai until ukitake saved his ass. He needed to give stark a hole through his spine to fight on even grounds with him. Stark never once tried to blitz shunsui before he got backstabbed either. R1 Ulq and stark pretty much have the same speed feats considering they both vanished in front of ichigo.
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; April 07, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

  6. #201
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Aizen and manga clearly explained, why Espada's ranking was based according to their Reiatsu level... because the more Reiatsu you have, the stronger you are.
    That's why it's obvious that Stark far exeeds Ulquiora. Even the same Ulquiora stated that he is weaker than any of first threee Espadas.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #202
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    We have no idea about what Shunsui's bankai may be but Kubo hinted that he could have defeated Aizen with his bankai, in that case IMHO Ulquiorra doesn't have a realistic chance against Shunsui's bankai. If his shikai is in the mood, I think he still has what it takes to defeat Ulquiorra with the shikai but Ulquiorra is a strong opponent, so perhaps his chances of victory is higher than Shunsui's under these conditions.

  9. #203
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    I think people look to much in Shunsui's Shikai mood...
    I don't thibk that it was Shunsui's Shikai that wasn't in the mood, but on the contrary, it was Shunsui who wasn't in the mood. He didn't want to kill Stark as he saw himself in Stark, but they were on different sides, hence he didn't use his Shikai at his best from get-go

    Again, anyone believes that Hallibel can take Shunsui in Shikai? And Ulquiora said himself that he is weaker than Hallivel, not even talking about Barragan or Stark.

  10. #204
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Fact is that ulquarra's only feat is beating ichigo.

    The very same Ichigo who BARELY defeated the 6# espada moments before his battle with Uluarra.

    And the only feats his second Etopia form showed was a slight increase in power and a very powerful "and unstable" version of cero. Even before his second release Ulquarra was completely dominating Ichigo, so what bases do we have to conclude that his second resurrection jumped his power up 3 whole ranks to put him above Stark? the answer is, we have none.

    Now if you ask me Stark has better feats than Ulquarra who only owned ichigo.

    Stark fought 4 senior Captains 2 of which where Vizards and the other 2 senior Captains who where the first to become Captains through Yama's school. it was only when he was depressed with Aizen's action towards barragan and getting ambushed by Shunsui that he lost and even than that was after him clearly having the upper hand in most of his battles.

    I think its obvious Shunsui wins this just by the fact that he was able to best a Espada of higher rank and abilities.
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; April 11, 2012 at 07:39 PM.

    Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

  11. #205
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    IMO, shunsui will win in this fight, not because he defeat starrk but because his experience in fighting for many century. I assumed his kidou, swordsmanship and abilities of zapakuto is greater than ulquiora power.


    Btw, Top 3 espada vs shinigami at FK is to rushing and i feel the espada's is to weak and not shine at all compare to Grimmjow & Ulquiorra. So, for me... i cant really measured their strength because the "stars" in this fight is shinigami especially Toshiro & of course they will win.

  12. #206
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    so more reiatsu=autowin?



    Shunsui wasn't in the mood? the guy tried to cleave Stark in half/chop his head off at every opportunity he got after Stark released.

  13. #207
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Right track, wrong train
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    Fact is that ulquarra's only feat is beating ichigo.

    The very same Ichigo who BARELY defeated the 6# espada moments before his battle with Uluarra.

    And the only feats his second Etopia form showed was a slight increase in power and a very powerful "and unstable" version of cero. Even before his second release Ulquarra was completely dominating Ichigo, so what bases do we have to conclude that his second resurrection jumped his power up 3 whole ranks to put him above Stark? the answer is, we have none.

    Now if you ask me Stark has better feats than Ulquarra who only owned ichigo.

    Stark fought 4 senior Captains 2 of which where Vizards and the other 2 senior Captains who where the first to become Captains through Yama's school. it was only when he was depressed with Aizen's action towards barragan and getting ambushed by Shunsui that he lost and even than that was after him clearly having the upper hand in most of his battles.

    I think its obvious Shunsui wins this just by the fact that he was able to best a Espada of higher rank and abilities.
    Cero Oscuras is not unstable, just Lanza. But yea I agree with the rest.

  14. #208
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Quote Originally Posted by xCUBE View Post
    Cero Oscuras is not unstable, just Lanza. But yea I agree with the rest.
    I was referring to Lanza...

    Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

  15. #209
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Right track, wrong train
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    And when was Lanza confirmed to be a cero again? Or a 'version of a cero'. As far as I know versions of ceros are 1. Called cero. 2. Looks like a cero.

  16. #210
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    everywhere
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shunsui Kyouraku vs Ulquiorra Cifer

    Quote Originally Posted by xCUBE View Post
    And when was Lanza confirmed to be a cero again? Or a 'version of a cero'. As far as I know versions of ceros are 1. Called cero. 2. Looks like a cero.
    It never was "confirmed".

    But considering the fact that he is a hollow I would think the only thing it could be is a version of a cero or bala.

    Now there are the very special cases such as Stark's (spirit wolves) or Barragan's (respira) but I don't hold Ulquarra to their level of uniqueness and thus I just assumed that it was a version of a cero.

    Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

New Reply
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts