Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hilarious Anime series

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hilarious Anime series

didnt see anyone mention miname-ke ! that show is awesome

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

gintama is the king of the castle of hilarious anime series, if you havent watched it you should

but of shorter series my favorite is boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai (comonly referred to as haganai)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently watched two seasons and three OVAs of Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san; it completely destroyed me. I initially watched it due to the following gif:

...only to realize that the actual anime itself was even crazier than expected. It's like those mature North American cartoons such as South Park and Family Guy but turned up to eleven and way more obscene. If the concept of demons isn't interesting, hopefully the all-star cast of famous seiyuus turning a few screws loose might.

Hopefully there will be a third season!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Yondemasu Yo Azazel-san is a hilarious anime which not many people know. The jokes can get pretty racy sometimes, and I love it. It's just hilarious and simultaneously twisted, I wish more people know about this series

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Yondemasu Yo Azazel-san is a hilarious anime which not many people know. The jokes can get pretty racy sometimes, and I love it. It's just hilarious and simultaneously twisted, I wish more people know about this series
    Yeah, it would be nice if more people knew about it. I tried to look for a thread here on Mangahelpers, but it seems like no one created any! The episodes are only 12 minutes long so it's not much of a hassle to get through. (A lot of things happen in those 12 minutes though.) Nevertheless I'm glad that the first season was well-received enough to get another season.

The jokes can be pretty racy. It's definitely not a show for younger viewers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

So no one here saw Great Teacher Onizuka ? It's about as hilarious as School Rumble.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I used to read the manga, back when it was being scanlated. I keep meaning to watch the anime, but have not gotten around to it yet.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is still my favorite comedy anime. The humor is so warped, the characters are so weird, and SHAFT's animation was so insane. Not even a parody, SZS is just the author ranting about things that piss him off.

---------- Post added August 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was August 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM ----------

Love Lab has been hilarious. One of the highlights of the summer.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Hataraku Maou-Sama is still the best comedy of the year, so far. Emi trying force her way into Sadao's apartment was the best scene.

Last edited by Kaiten; August 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me a few episodes to appreciate, but Outbreak Company has emerged as the best comedy of he fall 2013 season. Lot's of great jokes about anime tropes, BL, and fandom. A great scene from episode four, "I think a weird flag has just been triggered":

Last edited by Kaiten; November 01, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I find Hoozuki no Reitetsu and Space Dandy pretty humorous even though they have different comedic approaches.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu oddly enough reminds me of Polar Bear Cafe because of its slice-of-life feel and unrealistic characters who do realistic things such as having a job. Hoozuki appears cool-headed and rational, but sometimes he says or does something unexpected which makes the situation funny.

Space Dandy reminds me of North American cartoons because of how crazy each episode is. The hijinks that the characters get into are outlandish, and I love how the Gogol Empire are trying their best to capture Dandy to no avail. However, this anime is still capable of creating a more dramatic storyline with less action so I'm pretty impressed.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3