Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

Couldn't agree more about how well the confessions were done. They felt so natural for these characters. Nothing out of character or over-dramatized. Just perfect~ <3

I was especially proud of Sawako for making her feelings heard and understood. Putting yourself out there is not an easy thing to do for anyone, no matter how confident a person is. So, for someone like her who is so unsure of herself and is just now figuring out how to build relationships with others, she's truly come so far! :')

Now I'm really wanting to see Kurumi's reaction, which I'm guessing we'll see in the next chapter. I'm sure she's not going to give up on Kazehaya or give the new couple her blessing, but I have a feeling that she'll give Sawako some respect in her own way. She's always seen her as a rival after all~

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 42 is out!!

Spoiler show

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want KimiTodo to end any time soon either! Yes we finally have the main couple together, but there is so much more that these characters (especially Sawako) have to learn about in relationships that can be explored. I can't wait to see things like all the anticipation surrounding any physical contact between them and, of course, their first kiss. I just know it will be so awkward and sweet! Plus, we also have Chizu and Ryu to get together. <3333 I think KimiTodo still has plenty of life left in it.

So, about chapter 42. Kurumi's reaction here was perfect! Exactly as I expected, she gives respect to Sawako. Best line, imo? "Everyone apart from Sawako is the same." I seriously love Kurumi's character more and more each time she appears~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime/movie discussion moved to Kimi's anime thread.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner niiica's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 46 (raw) is out.

Spoiler show

Now that they're together, I wonder what the mangaka is planning to do with this? I mean, will she slowly bring the series to a close or will there be any twist to Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not uncommon for shojo to continue after the main characters start dating. Most of LoveCom and High School Debut were about dating rather than courtship. Kimi could continue a long time; Sawako and Kaze still need to get comfortable together, go on dates, get jealous, have cute couple moments. High School Debut lasted ten volumes after they started dating, LoveCom lasted eleven. Given how awkward they are together I think Kimi will last about that long.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner niiica's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama View Post
    It's not uncommon for shojo to continue after the main characters start dating. Most of LoveCom and High School Debut were about dating rather than courtship. Kimi could continue a long time; Sawako and Kaze still need to get comfortable together, go on dates, get jealous, have cute couple moments. High School Debut lasted ten volumes after they started dating, LoveCom lasted eleven. Given how awkward they are together I think Kimi will last about that long.
    That's true. Though I never did like LoveCom and High School Debut. Let's just hope things won't get dragged out, then. Kimi ni Todoke is a good read, it would be a waste if the quality goes down.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just read the first 2 chapters and i love it. amazing story that truly explores social and psychological intimacy and the difficulties and trials that all people, no matter where in the world, have to overcome to be genuinly happy and kind to others. my kind of stuff.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sawako-Chan's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a shame that take so long to get the chapters... kimi is amazing...love it...

i just read the chapter 42...and it's out almost 2 weeks there's no other chapters =/

it's a shame that shouje get's so long from chapter to chapters
    Creating something from nothing, and nothing from something, thus bewildering the enemy. Rendering the family's true form intangible with vision of deceit.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

omg omg omg cant wait for the new chapter.is it just me or i have a feeling that if some event wont interupt sawako's and kazehaya's lovey-dovey life, the manga will end very soon? I hopeit doesnt end soon.

Anyone knows when the 54 chap is coiming out?
    Last edited by lawlett-kun; January 23, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I just caught up with this very awesome manga (I know, a good day to do so, eh?)

I must say, while the number of shoujo manga I've read or am reading is little, KimiTodo is the best among them and judging from the sales and what I've heard from my Japanese friends, really among the creme de la creme. It's fluffy, but not excessively, and the characters are portrayed in such a way that you end up feeling as if they're your friends. They're so realistic. The situations the characters find themselves in are also not too out of this world, they feel like they could happen to anyone - I'm sure just about everyone will be able to relate to the majority of the KimiTodo cast. I really take my hat off to Shiina-sensei for creating such a great manga

Quote Originally Posted by good_boy
    is it just me or i have a feeling that if some event wont interupt sawako's and kazehaya's lovey-dovey life, the manga will end very soon? I hopeit doesnt end soon.

Anyone knows when the 54 chap is coiming out?
    Oh, I'm sure some event will interrupt their lovelife - it's all part and parcel of a relationship after all. I don't think there is any couple out there who has never fought or quarreled. Like Goodsy and Kaiten said above the couple still aren't fully comfortable with each other and there are a lot of things about their relationship that Shiina-sensei can explore. It took 39 chapters to get a proper confession - how long do you think it'll take till they kiss?

Manga Scans has a release progress updater thingy here, apparently they are editing ch54, so with luck it'll be out soon

I can't wait for it! I'm really tempted to go read the Chinese scanlations since I do understand Chinese but...
    Last edited by saladesu; May 09, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Medduch's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

KIMI NI TODOKE CHAPTER 56 SPOILERS

Spoiler show
    Last edited by saladesu; May 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: 3page spoiler rule

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really didn't understand why the manga continued on after they both confessed their feelings for each other and their unrequited loves became a mutual feeling (well, I can understand---for the sake of milking a popular series for all its worth...)

Ideally, it should have ended the moment their feelings reached each other. That's what I thought was meant by the title ("Kimi ni Todoke")
    Want to read Japanese novels translated into English?

Check out my blog:
    Japanese Novels Blog

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting interpretation you have there... And a part of me does agree. However, regardless of the title (a title only means so much... I mean, what the hell is "Bleach" supposed to mean? ), I think the story set out to show Sawako's (and to a smaller extent Kazehaya's) growth, development and maturation, and I think there's still a lot of things that can be shown in that respect.

Anyway, in chapter 56, they almost kissed It took like, 30-40 chapters for them to actually confess properly to each other. How many chapters do you think it's gonna take them to finally kiss?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oceansportrait View Post
    I really didn't understand why the manga continued on after they both confessed their feelings for each other and their unrequited loves became a mutual feeling (well, I can understand---for the sake of milking a popular series for all its worth...)

Ideally, it should have ended the moment their feelings reached each other. That's what I thought was meant by the title ("Kimi ni Todoke")
    WHile I completely agree with you, but when i was reading the manga Iw as thinking that it would be great to see how their relationship is going to work out. Well as a fangirl, i just wanted to see them finally kiss to be Honest . THe latest chapter is pretty good....Wow i was dissapointed when they didnt kiss even though it was sooooooo close.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast