Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

Quote Originally Posted by oceansportrait View Post
    I really didn't understand why the manga continued on after they both confessed their feelings for each other and their unrequited loves became a mutual feeling (well, I can understand---for the sake of milking a popular series for all its worth...)

Ideally, it should have ended the moment their feelings reached each other. That's what I thought was meant by the title ("Kimi ni Todoke")
    I guess the author wanted to go further than with just dating since things can go wrong as well. Think of it like when Sawako made friends, she denied them being friends because of a misunderstanding. The author probably wants to show Sawako growing and experiencing new things, like kissing, being pretty close and comfortable to Kazehaya. They don't seem as close with each other as they should.

Plus, there's also Yano and Chiwa to focus on, along with Pin and Ryu. If not the latter two, Yano and Chiwa are definitely important since they helped changed Sawako for the better and were there for her.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

M3J brings up a good point.

Indeed "Kimi ni Todoke" is about "reaching you", but it's not just about Sawako and Kazehaya's feelings reaching each other, but also about the secondary characters' feelings reaching each other as well. So there's also Yano and Pin's, and Chizu (surely you didn't really mean Chiwa, Milly... But then again you had to ask me what Kazehaya's name was so I wouldn't put it past you ) and Ryuu's feelings that have to reach each other. I'm sure they will before the end of Kimitodo

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably got her mixed up with the main character from Hapi Mari. <_<

Exactly. While we dunno abut Yano-chin, Ryu's feelings have to reach Chizu and they need to get together! A great pairing I say, a great pairing with chemistry! Two total opposites, a loudmouthed energetic girl with a quiet, sleepy guy who can be epic (like saving Sawako from a baseball) getting together would be somewhat like Roy and Riza.

Plus, I think this manga will end with Sawako and Kazehaya getting married. I hope it doesn't show Sawako consummating the relationship since she's actually much better off looking totally innocent. :x

I know Kazehaya's name was "Kaze" something, but I kiept thinking "Kazuya." I get names mixed up. <__<

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kazehaya and Sawako's feelings have reached each other, but they aren't comfortable yet. Sawako's still too self-conscious, especially in social situations. I think the point when their awkwardness, nervousness, and whatnot fall away will be the end of the story - so probably when they get married like M3J said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #59: Click Here

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 59 is out, scanlated

Nice chapter, lots of developments on different fronts. Kazehaya and Sawako seem even more distant than before, which is bad, though And now that Ryuu has confessed to Chizu (yay for that though ), I wonder if the same will happen to them. Of course I hope Chizu really gives some more thought to what her true feelings for Ryuu are, especially now that his feelings for her are clear and she knows them.

I'm happy that Ayane broke up with her boyfriend - I didn't really like him and seeing him "reporting" to his friends like that was irksome Can't stand kiss-and-tell guys like that. Anyway, I like Ayane x Pin but seeing as a student-teacher relationship may be just too complicated, I'm leaning more towards Ayane x Miura happening. Not that I mind either way since both pairings are good and this chapter especially made me like Miura more I hope that this time, Ayane will be able to do what she said she never was able to do, that is to love and to work hard for love.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi ni Todoke take a break this month, so chapter #60 will be released in September and not in August.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Kimi ni Todoke take a break this month, so chapter #60 will be released in September and not in August.
    thanks for info although I am really dissapointed. I have a feeling something good should happen soon between kazehaya and sawako, cuz how long are they gonna be so awkward

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Some news about chapter #60... First of all it'll be composed by 50 pages and Kimi ni Todoke will have the cover of the current issue, plus into the magazine there will be some artwork and wallpaper related to KnT.

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at August 29, 2011 at 04:52 PM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #60: Click Here

Cover Betsuma Issue #10:

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at September 13, 2011 06:39 AM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Eng #60: Click Here

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #61: Click Here
    Last edited by Oberon; September 14, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #62 & Little Summary: Click Here

---------- Post added December 12, 2011 at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was November 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #63 & Little Summary: Click Here

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the line at the end of chapter 63, "It has finally begun," which seems to have caused some confusion on other sites, judging from what I read of the original Japanese text off some blogs, it seems to be in the present tense rather than past tense, i.e. "It is finally beginning/about to begin"

The last few pages were quite powerful, and somehow especially moreso when read in Japanese. Ryuu has always been the very silent type so his "outburst" of sorts was made even more impactful. I hope this does really mark the beginning of a romantic relationship between Ryuu and Chizu! I think they're adorable together It's obvious that Chizu became all the more important to Ryuu after his mother's death, even if he knew all along that Chizu liked Tooru. I can understand Chizu's confusion, but I hope she can sort it all out (I think she's just in denial because she doesn't want the status quo to change) and, whilst ending the "childhood friends" relationship with Ryuu, start a new kind of relationship with him instead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Chizu and Ryu. I think it will be a new beginning for both of them. Chizu probably will start to understand. Yano is probably next on the list to gain a significant other? I like Pin more. Perhaps a romance after high school?

I was wondering how everyone got into KnT in the first place. It still seems like it's the most popular shoujo manga right now. I wrote about it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/146...oke-popularity

What I like about the series is that it focuses on growing up as a whole, not just romance. I do agree that Sawako and Kazehaya are still awkward around each other, despite being a couple. Being comfortable with new things is another part of growing up as well.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi ni Todoke #64 Chinese Scan & Color Page: Click Here

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    I was wondering how everyone got into KnT in the first place. It still seems like it's the most popular shoujo manga right now. I wrote about it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/146...oke-popularity

What I like about the series is that it focuses on growing up as a whole, not just romance. I do agree that Sawako and Kazehaya are still awkward around each other, despite being a couple. Being comfortable with new things is another part of growing up as well.
    I got into it thanks to repeated recommendations from c_k, igotthegoods, Kaiten and M3J And I'm sure glad I did! On the surface it seems like any other romance shoujo, but it's portrayal and how it makes the reader connect with the characters and feel for them (and like them), is one of the big selling points for KimiTodo. I don't think anyone can read this manga without being reminded of their own past relationships or one-sided crushes, the situations portrayed in KimiTodo are real and relatable for just about anyone.

Having read the latest chapter, Sawako and Kazehaya continue to be awkward around each other (though it's still kinda cute). With Christmas around the corner, they're also approaching their first anniversary as a couple~ I'm sure Shiina-sensei will make mention of that when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to what Christmas brings for the two of them, and for the other couples/pairings in the series.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I got into it thanks to repeated recommendations from c_k, igotthegoods, Kaiten and M3J And I'm sure glad I did! On the surface it seems like any other romance shoujo, but it's portrayal and how it makes the reader connect with the characters and feel for them (and like them), is one of the big selling points for KimiTodo. I don't think anyone can read this manga without being reminded of their own past relationships or one-sided crushes, the situations portrayed in KimiTodo are real and relatable for just about anyone.

Having read the latest chapter, Sawako and Kazehaya continue to be awkward around each other (though it's still kinda cute). With Christmas around the corner, they're also approaching their first anniversary as a couple~ I'm sure Shiina-sensei will make mention of that when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to what Christmas brings for the two of them, and for the other couples/pairings in the series.
    Yeah, I do feel that KnT is like a "Story of my life" type of series. I think hearing about it from the crew at MH heped too! It's definitely the side characters that make the series go. You don't see too many shoujo series that focus on its supporting cast as much as KNT does.

"I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast