Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alien Life, Other Intelligent Species in the universe? Alien Abductions!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kirio's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alien abductions

I've never been abducted myself and i'm very sceptic about aliens and co.
    Don't you think it's a bit strange that although so many people have seen ufos, almost none of them managed to get some good proof ?
    I mean just show me an ufo or a video, something concrete and i might believe it.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Assymilum's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Abducted, huh? I have never been abducted, and neither do I want to be. I don't believe in aliens, anyway.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Decir's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _ATMA View Post
    hmmm well i just got a crazy idea who here thinks they have ever been abducted? ever since middle school i have had a small ball bearing like object in my right ear + scars behind my ears that were never there before, and just recently another ball bearing has appeared in my right ear x.x lol. its one of those crazy things my brain has cooked up. i have also had times where i was on the road and a 5 minute drive turned into a 2 hour drive >.> some how
    who else here has ever been abducted or thinks they have come on forward no one will think your crazy :P
    You have them too? I have big scars on my chest and also this eyeball thing on my left eye. oo
    Student of gdupninja, Fan of rykarreolacr

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fajler's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An other intelligent species,somewhere in the universe?

Here's what I've seen in some documentary and I find it as the most logical answer:

Aliens came and visited early human civilizations... They had the advanced technology so they appeared like gods to those undeveloped humans(paganism/religion origins^^)... So they MIGHT have been watching us all this time and may come back one day...
    If you die, I'll kill you!

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fajler View Post
    Here's what I've seen in some documentary and I find it as the most logical answer:

Aliens came and visited early human civilizations... They had the advanced technology so they appeared like gods to those undeveloped humans(paganism/religion origins^^)... So they MIGHT have been watching us all this time and may come back one day...
    oh lord , and it definitely sounded better after saying its logical .

unfortunaty besides human beings there are ony animals , and demons .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the possibility is higher that there are other intelligent species somewhere in the universe......but the universe is big, really big. So i dont think that some aliens made contact or visited the earth.
    I think Aliens exist but somewhere far far away......too far away for us and for them too

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, the universe is pretty damn big. Actually, here's a scale of the universe as we know it to really show how big it is.

I don't have any further arguments than, I don't think our tiny little planet is the only place in the entirety of the universe where there is living beings. Yeah, it's a pretty weak argument, but this topic is just as based on facts as is religion; neither side can prove the other one wrong and it's just a matter of personal opinion and belief.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

its recently thought that the universe was a smoke which came together and there was galaxies , planets , etc . and if evolutionists say the world and living beings were created by some mixture of chemical reactions which occured by randomness , the probability of a second form of life is equivalent to zero .
    the evolutionists should stick to the natural selection which only applies to humans .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alien Life, Other intelligent species in the universe? Alien abductions

So I find this topic rather interesting.

As for alien life, I think its possible. This is a big universe after all.

You hear about people who claim to have been visited by aliens or abudcted or had implants on the news once in a while.

One of the biggest names out there now is Billy Mier.

Who claims to have been in contact with an other alien race, which also happens to be humanoid. Although its controversial, as there have been claims by some that he is a fraud. You can do a simple search on youtube for people like him and you will find tons of people from all walks of life who have come forward.

In early or late 2000-1, there was a press release by a man from steven greer. Who gathered credibale witness with impressive backgrounds annoucing the existance of ufos. Here is a short clip. You can you-tube Disclosure project for a full video, its a couple hours long.

There is a doctor who goes by the name of Roger Lier who has removed alleged implants from patients. This is a brief video about his presentation about some of his findings. ==Skip to three minutes or so, intro ==

Which also raises some interesting questions.

Also please try to post about all the topics in this thread and not just isolate it one filed.
    Last edited by Charlie; November 09, 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO alien life exist there is no doubt about it. And it would be rather selfish to think that we are the only sentient beings in an infinite universe.
    But about their intellect. I think and hope their are aliens with the technology to travel to our planet. But i think we would have solid proof that they have been here. So i doubt that there have been abductions.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kluzman's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though i'm completly convinced there has to be other life forms somewhere, i always end up thinking about what The Guide has to say on the matter of population in the universe:

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

And for me that about sums it up

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@ kluzman:

Interesting quote, I do not believe I've heard of that before.

In the past witness have been "crazies" or people with no technical knowledge for a lack of term. Most "sitings or claims" were labeled swamp gass, natural phenomena or something else.

However, with more credible witness, like from the Discloser project and more coming out.... we'll need to change our way of thinking.

Here is brief from Michio Kaku. More about him can read from that link > Michio Kaku.

There is a longer interview, dealing with some of the related topics in this thread here from the same scientist above Michio Kaku Interviews Leslie Kean About UFOs 1 of 3

@Smit:

Have you seen the video from DR. Lier? Check out some recent ones from you tube about him.

The foreign object that he has removed from various people, have a similar feature. They have emission or broadcast range (radio signal or frequency) that goes to deep space. The objects themselves do not cause any inflammation in the bodies or cause allergic reactions.
    Last edited by Charlie; November 09, 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    @Smit:
    Have you seen the video from DR. Lier? Check out some recent ones from you tube about him.
    No i havent watched his videos. But I just did and now I am slightly more inclined into believing that might be watching us. But oh so slightly. Ill never completely believe that until I see and/or touch them. Thats just because im a skeptical person.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the universe is huge. Dr. Gunter Paal (austrian comedian and scientist, alias Gunkl), made a nice comparison for this in one of his performances for this, I'm not gonna quote him word by word but reproduce the approximate structure:

"The universe is very very huge. So huge, that any comparison fails. If our planet was as big as a pinhead, the next star would be in some hundred kilometres of distance. And the next galaxy at the moon. And our local galaxy pile was as big as our solar system. Which, in comparison, only is a pinhead compared to...
    Well, you see, it's hard to compare.
    Also, it's really really old.

So, waiting for aliens to arrive at our earth would be like moving to the south area of the Hoggar Massif in the Sahara and waiting for a man named Fritz who's younger sister has a tailor's to arrive at 17th of may at 17:15. If he arrives at 17:30 it doesn't count, and if his sister has a tailor's but is older then him, it is the wrong man.
    It's theoretically possible, but I wouldn't wait for him..."

Put aside the argument of likelyhood within such a huge universe:
    The size of the universe makes it very likely that there are several alien lifeforms, well possibly even some higher developed races.
    At the same time, it might be physically impossible to get into contact with them, because of three traits of the universe:
    -> It's really empty with huge distances of nothingness
    -> limitation to light speed, which is probably impossible even nearly to reach with a transporter designed to transport living beeings.
    -> It's pretty much impossible to escape a galaxy to my knowledge, because of the absurd gravitation

So: Yes, they do exist. No, we will never gain contact with them, nor will our descendands.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alien Life, Other Intelligent Species in the universe? Alien Abductions!

This is Earth, the only planet in the solar system which can hold life. The solar system is found on the Milky way which is only one of the trillions of galaxies in the universe. Now who knows one of those other galaxies might contain a planet which is also able to contain life like ours? We can never tell...

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast