Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 309 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 309 Discussion/310 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mcd295 View Post
    I'd like to enquire as to whether there will be another anime done up for berserk. I've searched high and low and have never seen anything that would lead me to believe this is fact. If anything has something concrete please post it.
    Nothing concrete as yet, but there is this: [CLICK].

Make of that what you will.

Unlike sparky i'd love a new anime.
    I'm not averse to another series per se; I'd just rather it were done properly, and that means waiting until the manga is concluded.

I remember reading/hearing/something that the reason Miura stopped the anime was because he couldn't make the anime the way he wanted and intended.
    The anime was made to be self-contained, which is why Puck and Skull Knight (amongst other things) were omitted from the storyline. It was never intended to go beyond the Eclipse - that is the reason it ended.

However I will state that if he does do up another anime I think that this would light a fire under his ass and get him to work a lil faster.
    Would it? Or would he be so preoccupied with advising the anime production staff that manga releases would become even more infrequent?

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    There is no anime in planning. [...] As to why there won't be. I don't think its because of sporadic releases more than the content of Berserk is so graphic and adult at times that it would be excessively difficult for them to stay true to the story.
    We've discussed this before, but wouldn't the OVA format allow them to bypass many, if not all of those problems?

If a second series were to be put into production, then I'd hope for a similar approach to that of Hellsing Ultimate - it's the only way, in my opinion, that Berserk could ever truly exist outside of the manga medium.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I'm not averse to another series per se; I'd just rather it were done properly, and that means waiting until the manga is concluded.
    not happening in our lives that's for sure, so they should never make one

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    not happening in our lives that's for sure, so they should never make one
    I guess this counts. :X

Late edit but I realized my signature wasn't as glorious as I would have wished, post count wise - 1 year later. I think it served to deter people from posting about it, which I didn't want .
    Last edited by llamapie; October 30, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 309 Discussion

Spent the last month reading all of this manga ....just finished 309 today....whew and wtf is goin on in this thing I don't know if we're supposed to like griffith at all but 10 chapters of a war I cared nothing about was painful.....finally this thing is back on guts honestly im confused about quite a bit but like it enough to let it go and enjoy the ride ....serpico gonna make up his mind what he wants outta life or what? And I love the kid training with azan or whatever sorry names are spelled different almost every chapter I read .......dragons in the sea? That's scary as hell! Did the gigantic apostle kushan emperor talk all that crap about taking on gods and apostles and he sees griff and skull knight swings the ugliest sword ever thought of and he's dead ? Does griff deserve credit for this? Am I way off topic? If so I sincerely apologize

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawni View Post
    Spent the last month reading all of this manga ....just finished 309 today....whew and wtf is goin on in this thing I don't know if we're supposed to like griffith at all but 10 chapters of a war I cared nothing about was painful.....finally this thing is back on guts honestly im confused about quite a bit but like it enough to let it go and enjoy the ride ....serpico gonna make up his mind what he wants outta life or what? And I love the kid training with azan or whatever sorry names are spelled different almost every chapter I read .......dragons in the sea? That's scary as hell! Did the gigantic apostle kushan emperor talk all that crap about taking on gods and apostles and he sees griff and skull knight swings the ugliest sword ever thought of and he's dead ? Does griff deserve credit for this? Am I way off topic? If so I sincerely apologize
    Nah the berserk discussions on MH are so small, sadly - that going off topic is nearly impossible. We have to wait so long on chapters that discussing everything is fine. Generally Miura is so straight forward that it doesn't leave much to speculate on, its admirable but doesn't give too much discussion material per chapter. Well it was important to show that war against the kushans because it reshaped the entire world. Guts and Company are yet to realize it though. Genishka dying so easily, well, that seemed appropriate. Considering his power up didn't leave him with much free will.

I am honestly clueless at what griffith plans to do from here. He finally got that castle on the hill. What now.?

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zodd was such a badass for so long then we see apostles poppin up everywhere and the bow and arrow guy who freaked me out a little but didn't seem so tough although jamming a lance through the 10 people at once was awesome .....anyway zodd was scary mean ferocious amazing with a sword....then we get this far and he growls and flys through things .....I dig the witch ...wish she was older lol I really like her innocence from living in the forest then being exposed and still throwin blows with the big guys and riding on the berserker back ....I was impressed

Oh huge question.....we getting anywhere with identifying the skull knight? I was scared he was gonna get killed off up there with griffith and it seemed the daiba guy recognized the armor and even something about serpicos wind equipment...? Durga? And we know the skull knight wore he said it was his or had worn it at 1 point then there's the story that robbed us of any real insight I swear he wrote a story out in complete detail for the skull knight then went back and erased chunks that would make it impossible to guess and fully grasp

* the guy with the bow and arrow and the lance guy 2 different people sorry month of reading wore me out and tryin to remember all of it....yeah right
    Last edited by nawni; October 30, 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The general accepted assumption right now is that SK is the old emperor gaiseric, at least thats the overall theory.

I think one of the ironies of Genishka biting it in the way he did was he inadvertently became an integral piece in Griffith's goals, even though he tried so hard to fight against that.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I'll be able to start buying this 1 soon.....im assuming dark horse has it in english...? Is it behind in english? Like he just pumped out 309 so is dark horse not printin eng til next year or somethin? Gaiseric you say....that's why I want to own this one to go back and look up things I can't do it with my phone through those volumes of 200 pages each.....so gaeseric was mentioned by ...flora? Was that the witch's name that knew him? Their conversation was very intriguing and then the female god hand calling him highness or leige or sire or king or whichever it was was a huge piece for me but without hard copies or a real computer I can't put pieces together.....thanks for replying to me

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawni View Post
    Hopefully I'll be able to start buying this 1 soon.....im assuming dark horse has it in english...? Is it behind in english?
    I think they're a couple of volumes behind. Enjoy your "knight of skeleton".

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffith obviously doesn't have any good intentions by fusing the realms together. Probably some hair-brained scheme to gain more power....(dunno how, he's pretty much underneath god at the moment)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't get griffith at all and why aren't the other god hands as active and greedy as he is? Why revert back to a human? Just to f@ck with guts? It worked out getting his country utopia maybe he just wants to be praised and worshipped.....I don't see the evil in what he's doing now so im lost on his motives and actions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Emmanra's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    Griffith obviously doesn't have any good intentions by fusing the realms together. Probably some hair-brained scheme to gain more power....(dunno how, he's pretty much underneath god at the moment)
    Regardless of the reason i hope there will be a more physical manifestation of his id or demon whatever it is.
    Be content with what you have and not what you are.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Femto is the manifestation of his id, right?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bohemia22's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I got quite lost in this manga. Sry for my utter ignorance, but who is/was emperor Gaiseric?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaiseric is mentioned in the legends of the past that Miura talks about early on in the series. I've forgotten the story, but they talk about it when the Band of the Hawk fight those dudes riding on rhinoceroses

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast