Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2040

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 20 (Ch. 189-193) Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 193 Discussion/194 Prediction

When you include everyone on the earls side you have 13 noahs.

1st=earl
    2nd=Tryde
    3rd=joyde(tyki)
    4th=Desires(Sheryl)
    5th=Wizaru(Wisely)
    6th=Fiddler
    7th=Mercym
    8th=Wrath
    9th=Road
    10th=Bonds(Dabidi)
    11th=Bonds(Jasdero)
    12th=Lust(Lullubel)
    13th=Mightra
    14th=(Allen Walker)

Between bracets are their names, their noah names are casual, only for the earl and Road it doesnt say if its their name as well or what so i dunno.
    Ofc both the bonds noah could be counted towards the 13 but it could also be that they are realy 1 noah then Allen Walkers noah is the 13th memory...that make sense?

Another thing is this, now i dont know if any of you know about religion but disciple or apostel are 2 different things.

-When Road spoke of the noah in general she called the noah the real Apostels of God.
    Apostels are those 12 unique ones that Christ send out (they are the only ones in the bible called so>the messengers/missionaries of Christ)

-When Wisely/Earl summed up the noah to introduce them they are all named Disciples! Disciples are the students of Christ not his messengers.

Its not to be dismissed as simply a wordplay since its clearly different you cant say its the same at all. (the difference between a white belt and a black belt)
    Last edited by ca12nag3; April 06, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

uh sure. keep in mind though that the translators are not necessarily familiar with the bible and it's terms. cuz i'm not, and the inequality of the two terms is news to me.
    i guess these problems are what we call "lost in translation".... i really doubt road and wisely would screw up the terms, so i'm thinking a translation error..... likewise, because it has been said that 14th noah is odd, i'd say the Bonds are separate.

...Does anyone else think Debitto and Jasdero look not only more manly but older in chapter 187? it scares me. i want them to be their own carefree selves!! =*(

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just a reflection of Hoshino's drastic change in art style. Before DGM was very dark and wacky - almost like Soul Eater. But after the Level Four arc, things suddenly turned very dark and mysterious, and the character designs got more mature.

Jasdevi disappeared for like 80 chapters, so out of all of the characters they are the ones that we noticed the most change. If you look at Volume 1 and flip over to Volume 19, you're going to be stunned at some of the new designs. Allen used to look like a girl, and now he's a smexi bishie. Kanda looked like a woman, and now he's very manly. Lavi never really changed, and Lenalee never really did either (despite her constantly changing hair styles).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"allen used to look like a girl, but now he's a smexi bishie" <----best line EVER! xD Jaymie
    well, if it's only the art style, i get it, since it is drastically obvious how much it has changes from chapter one (i wouldn't say it was ever the same as souleater: DGM always looked more mature and creepier style-wise than SE. If anything, it reminds me of Tim Burton's works.) but since i always see that character designs reflect personality, i don't want them to become mature and emotionless. o.o'

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ig4kLone's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Right. XD.
    Artist's style always changes. There's no wonder for the long hiatus, hosino's art style changes too.

I thought there was no God's bible noah. XD. So I thought, earl vs heart. Noah made flood. Noah becoming human ancestor.
    And also I thought that the noah are using the noah ark [that can only be controlled by 14th] to escape the flood they made.
    Then I also thought that 14th was not there during the flood, so I was wondering how could they control the noah ark without the 14th when they were escaping the flood they had made..

there can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering , no freedom without sacrifice

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

K well i looked it up for ya if there is a case of misstranslation,

The first bubble on the top right youll see 使徒 <the word Apostle litteraly translation.

And also in 187 it should say apostle (got the raws on my pc but to lazy to up them) haha.

So your right its mistranslation

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ig4kLone View Post
    Right. XD.
    Artist's style always changes. There's no wonder for the long hiatus, hosino's art style changes too.

I thought there was no God's bible noah. XD. So I thought, earl vs heart. Noah made flood. Noah becoming human ancestor.
    And also I thought that the noah are using the noah ark [that can only be controlled by 14th] to escape the flood they made.
    Then I also thought that 14th was not there during the flood, so I was wondering how could they control the noah ark without the 14th when they were escaping the flood they had made..
    Uh, if i understood correctly then the DGM Noah are like the reincarnations of the emotions that Bible's Noah felt during the God's Flood. I'm pretty sure this was said by either Road or Komui, in one of the much earlier chapters. So, Bible's Noah is long dead, but the Memories of Noah are the reincarnations of the emotions (that's why we have wrath, pleasure, dream, bonds ect.) And the Noah couldn't move the ark from Edo, b/c the 14th cursed it before being killed that makes it unmovable unless he moves it. There was no 14th during the first DGM flood, after war with Heart user, so Earl and Dream's host were only two possibly using the ark.

On another note, was it at somepoint established that the year is 1893? B/c that is what is posted on DGM sites, but i know that Hoshino 'XX' the last two digits of the date whenever it appears. i know it's in the end of 19th century, but like my Ruruoni Kenshin obsessive friend pointed out, Edo was renamed to Tokyo before 1893 (in 1868 to be exact). So, is that just a fan-made date or did Hoshino fail her history class??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

All we know is that DGM takes place in an alternate reality 19th century. I don't think it was ever made canon that DGM took place in 1893 (Hoshino always uses XX for the last two digits), though the Anime may have said so. I don't know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Klaud543's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My sister said it was near the end of the 19th century, but when I watched the anime and it was the part with... Lenny(?) dying, it said it was in the 1850s on his gravestone.
    "He who would spend each vital drop of blood for your sakes–who has no thought nor sense of joy, except as it is mirrored also in your dear countenances–who would fill the air with blessings and spend his life in serving you–he bids you weep–to shed countless tears; happy beyond his hopes, if thus inexorable fate be satisfied, and if the destruction pause before the peace of the grave have succeeded to your sad torments!"
    –original Frankenstein, Mary Shelly, last page of chapter 8

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, if it's around the 1850's then that's fine. though i really wouldn't call that period "the end of..." though, if the world is comeing to the end....xD

Uh, Lenny? I know the resent translators call Renee "Lenny", but i can't recall a male Lenny. Or was he a filler (in which case i didn't memorize the filler characters)
    .....or was he Sarah's husband in the anime?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Think its that guy in the sickbed wasnt he?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ig4kLone's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Uh, if i understood correctly then the DGM Noah are like the reincarnations of the emotions that Bible's Noah felt during the God's Flood. I'm pretty sure this was said by either Road or Komui, in one of the much earlier chapters. So, Bible's Noah is long dead, but the Memories of Noah are the reincarnations of the emotions (that's why we have wrath, pleasure, dream, bonds ect.) And the Noah couldn't move the ark from Edo, b/c the 14th cursed it before being killed that makes it unmovable unless he moves it. There was no 14th during the first DGM flood, after war with Heart user, so Earl and Dream's host were only two possibly using the ark.
    eh ? so there are 2 kinds of flood ?
    The first one by by real God and the real noah family from bible had survived. Then their memories transfers into other human, then they made another flood ? XD
    But the thing is the one who can control the ark is 14th, how is it possible they survived the flood without 14th [the one who could control the ark]
    Last edited by Ig4kLone; April 08, 2010 at 07:38 AM.

there can be no triumph without loss, no victory without suffering , no freedom without sacrifice

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ig4kLone View Post
    But the thing is the one who can control the ark is 14th, how is it possible they survived the flood without 14th [the one who could control the ark]
    Actually, the 14th is not the only one who can control the ark. The Earl and Road have the ability to control it as well. I'm thinking that before the memories of the other Noahs were partially destroyed, they could all manipulate the ark too. The 14th probably destroyed that part of their memories so that he will be the only one who can control the ark, but he missed out killing the Earl and Road. I believe that he created the 14th's piano room before he died as a safeguard just in case he failed to kill the Earl the first time and it can serve as an indication of who is the 14th's host in the future.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure about it all but the things we know and vital questions are these,

-the earl lost his battle vs the wielder of the innocence ( he states a person)
    -the 12 noah survived, with the Ark i recon.
    -14th isnt mentioned at all...
    -the noah are the ancesters of mankind/humanity...why?
    -earl returns and takes controle of the noah again.
    -earl uses humans as material to make Akuma...<reason for existance of humans?
    -Were is God?
    -Order uses same typ of methods to create 2nd exorcists by implanting a dead person in a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by addenza View Post
    Actually, the 14th is not the only one who can control the ark. The Earl and Road have the ability to control it as well. I'm thinking that before the memories of the other Noahs were partially destroyed, they could all manipulate the ark too. The 14th probably destroyed that part of their memories so that he will be the only one who can control the ark, but he missed out killing the Earl and Road. I believe that he created the 14th's piano room before he died as a safeguard just in case he failed to kill the Earl the first time and it can serve as an indication of who is the 14th's host in the future.
    Its never said that the other noah could controle the ark, actualy the earl stated that them 3 Earl,Road & 14th were special.
    Perhaps the noah got a somewhat different command structure then how it apears.

Lets say the earl is in command and both Road and the 14th are his direct lieutenants. Then come the other Noah and then the skulls then the Akuma.
    Road is always rather casual around the earl and doesnt have a sense of fear for him. Even if she does things that arnt realy alowed. My guess is the 14th had the same typ of privelages like having his human brother around? And even speaking to the earl as his equal. The other Noah never speak in that typ of manner to him other then Road and the few memories of the 14th.

And another thing is the 14th was able to install a room nobody else knew about right under the earls nose. Also in a decade the earl didnt succeed in making the Ark move again. And it was beached at Japan wich is a smart move. The egg is the source of dark matter and the only way to transport a frame for an akuma is by hand. Taking it thrue a gate. Slowing them down concideratly.
    Im just thinking the 14th didnt need to rig the Ark if he knew he would win. So prolly the entire Ark thing was plan B? < nobody plans to die :P
    Last edited by ca12nag3; April 08, 2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The term used to describe the relationship between Noah and humans is through DNA. so, with my limited biology knowledge, that means humans are descendants. that's why road and earl say that every one has the noah gene, but only some people actually waken it (if that's the case, i don't see why there shouldnt've been a 14th noah, if genes activate, poof! we got Noah)
    the Earl thinks humanity is bad, so he makes the akuma from them that will help him destroy the world (flood it)
    ....I'm pretty sure the Earl was the one who lost against the innocence, that's why he was away for a hundred years before coming back to go throught with the annihalation plan.

New Reply
Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 LastLast